To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Walker Problem

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

The Walker Problem

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

That's a lot of money (4.5 mil) invested into someone who is already sitting games out. A one-off or will Pep pull this stunt a few more times this season?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: The Walker Problem

Post by Spinynorman »

If only we knew.

I would hazard a guess that he will always miss the odd one but after an initial settling in after the world cup he will play most games.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

Alonso is obvious switch and save a bit if it becomes more of an issue.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

happyhoppy wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 12:37 Alonso is obvious switch and save a bit if it becomes more of an issue.
For Walker, the more obvious switch is just across the defence to Mendy. Alonso or Azpi are both good picks if you trust Chelsea to get enough CSs to justify the cash (over someone like Robertson)

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

murf wrote:
happyhoppy wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 12:37 Alonso is obvious switch and save a bit if it becomes more of an issue.
For Walker, the more obvious switch is just across the defence to Mendy. Alonso or Azpi are both good picks if you trust Chelsea to get enough CSs to justify the cash (over someone like Robertson)

Yeah I’m assuming that everybody and his dog has got Mendy by now

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Happy to say the Walker problem has been solved (for now). However, we now seem to have a Stones problem.

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest finishing place in TFF - 117th

Post by Themonkey thatstolexmas »

Hard to make of stones sitting this out - is it Likely to be a pattern, or just ride it? I was so turn between stones and a Liverpool FB, so it’s tempting to jump ship, but that’s obviously a daft tinker at this stage.

Always so hard to work out the patterns of the season in the first few weeks

hogweed
FISOhead
FS Record: Improving

Post by hogweed »

I seem to have worked out the Mahrez pattern ! :(

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

Themonkey thatstolexmas wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 12:53 Hard to make of stones sitting this out - is it Likely to be a pattern, or just ride it? I was so turn between stones and a Liverpool FB, so it’s tempting to jump ship, but that’s obviously a daft tinker at this stage.

Always so hard to work out the patterns of the season in the first few weeks
I put Stones in for Sanchez last weekend as a spur of the moment thing, partly because City played early this weekend. He is going today for Alonso who i was in my initial team but i took him out after the Charity Shield match. Not having him scares the crap out of me. Trippier is the same but Aurier can rotate with him.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

My one Walker is being shipped out for Alonso today (last year all my teams had him, this year none had him, WHY? ) so I’ll have him in one now and my best team currently. The money saved also allows for Firmino to Kane in due course.

In answer to my why I guess it’s just hard to fit in 3 decent mid to high priced attacking FBs for me it’s Robertson and Mendy with Zaha keeping Alonso out. Tempting to change this if Alonso continues like he has. Plus CFC upcoming fixtures look decent but CPFC fixtures are also very appealing so it's a wait and see for me.

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

It does seem crazy not to have him. I didn't think he would get forward so much playing as a proper fullback but he is getting forward more than ever. I also have PVA, Mendy and Robertson so pretty attacking really.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

The Walker Problem

Post by happyhoppy »

Yeah just remembered that I read somewhere pre season that CFC new manager preferred to play a different formation and could affect Alonso as he wouldn’t be so attacking. Yeah right.

DelR
Red & Blue Braces

Post by DelR »

happyhoppy wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 13:27 Yeah just remembered that I read somewhere pre season that CFC new manager preferred to play a different formation and could affect Alonso as he wouldn’t be so attacking. Yeah right.
Yes I recall that as well so as a compromise I went for a cheaper Rudiger option but Alonso very much on my radar as are more Liverpool defenders. I avoided Walker and most other players from the World Cup squads and probably been the right decision. Kept some spare money for when I fancy the likes of Hazard and Kane etc

Derek

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Walker problem well and truly resolved.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

One of the most brain-dead footballers I've ever come across. Don't expect Pep to put up with him for much longer.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”