To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

single entrant stories

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Sieben
FISOhead

Re: single entrant stories

Post by Sieben »

Alonso is always the first player to have if you want Chelsea coverage. I took him out of my starting 11 for Mendy after the charity shield. I wasted 2 transfers Replacing Sanchez with Stones before quickly replacing with Alonso. I would find it hard to remove Azpilicueta. Maybe you could have both.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Sieben wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 12:47 Alonso is always the first player to have if you want Chelsea coverage. I took him out of my starting 11 for Mendy after the charity shield. I wasted 2 transfers Replacing Sanchez with Stones before quickly replacing with Alonso. I would find it hard to remove Azpilicueta. Maybe you could have both.
Thanks Sieben, yeah keeping them both had crossed my mind actually - an option will be Trippier to Alonso after the early TOT v LIV kickoff next week, so I'll have Alonso and Azpi for Cardiff at home that afternoon. Feels a waste after just transferring Trippier in though, so another option is to wait for the next gameweek and bring in Alonso for PVA after Palace's game against Newcastle, so I can keep Trippier for their nice fixture run - would just have to hope Alonso doesn't go mental against Cardiff! Decisions decisions!

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

Thoughts on Arnie and PVA (532) to Hazard and Seri/Hughes/Maddison (451)? Either that or Trippier and Arnie to Hazard and Richarlison

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

TriXaM wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 12:07 Frustratingly, I started the season with Azpi instead of Alonso, with all the talk of potentially reduced attacking output from Chelsea wingbanks......I thought I've hampered myself by doing a short notice swap of Zaha -> Trippier yesterday and going five at the back in the process. I want to try and maximise games somehow, but part of me thinks just a straight swap of Azpi -> Alonso for the Cardiff fixture may just be the answer :? I'm just confused at the moment, so I'm glad for the international break to think things over and maybe it will solve itself somehow :lol:
Sat waiting for Chelsea vs Bournemouth game to start and got Zaha news. Impulsively switched to Alonso and made the game much more exciting. Clean sheet and an assist later and Cardiff to come I think he will def outscore Zaha to season end. Also left with x5 at the back which feels sort of wrong but so much good value in wing backs this year. If you can manage midfielder or even a cheaper striker to Alonso I don't think there to too much downside. Happy cogitation over the next 2 weeks! :?

norvern muppet
FISO Knight
FS Record: never done nowt

Post by norvern muppet »

only used 2 transfers and lagging behind as ever

so time to slash

allison

coady - robertson - wan-bissaka - mendy

sane - salah - mane - jota

ags - kane

1 it just seems silly to not have pool's front free

sane :arrow: manee
so ags or kane :arrow: firmino :? (even if he does have a bad eye)
i am favouring dumping ags and his injury about seals that
also looking at fixtures

totts brighton-watford- hudds- cardiff - hammers
city cardiff- brighton - pool - burnley - totts

2 no chelsea

i normally dont have chels seeing as i get more than enough enjoyment from goals and clean sheets
and if someone scores against us, well at least he's in my fanatsy
but we are scoring a lot so need some on board

eden is the obvious choice but that means - £.3m

3 keeps

robertson - mendy -

4 enablers
coday - van biss

so to get eden and firminio in

allison :arrow: pickford :?
jota :arrow: redmond :?

hope we are all doing great out there :D

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

I think this week has been a bad one for most. I only got 32 pts but moved up my super league to 3rd! The only one I would consider getting rid of is Kane as he costs a lot and doesn't look 100% to me. I could go Anoutovic in a 3 for 1 but having already used 5 subs I'm not even sure that is a smart move either.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

44 for the week, Jota still to play. 264 points overall.

Happy with my keeper and defence; Ederson, Trippier, Alonso, Mendy, PVA.
Salah, Mane, Jota in midfield. Jota is in last chance saloon today, otherwise he's out for Maddison or Fraser.
Aguero, King and Mitrovic up front. Happyish with these three. None of the other big strikers are firing anyway.

Hazard will have to come in soon so it's working out a way to get him.

Mins
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mins »

Nice team Midlander. How many subs did it take to get to this point?

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Midlander »

Mins wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 10:41 Nice team Midlander. How many subs did it take to get to this point?
Sanchez (Don't ask) to Mane
Coady to Trippier
B.Silva to Alonso
Zaha to Mitrovic. Jumped the gun a bit early with Zaha thinking he might be out for a while, but Mitrovic scored at Brighton when I put him in so can't complain so far.

Mins
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mins »

Nice one. I don't need to ask about Sanchez. I had him at the start and swapped to Mane as well 2 games in.

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

Post by Thomarse »

61 for me this week and 275 overall. 6 transfers used and already one massive error which cost 2 of them :(

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Yard of Grass »

57pts with Vestergaard to come. 294pts, in 2015th and x3 xfers used. Room for Auba to Kane if needed but doesn't yet feel necessary.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Nicely done all, some good scores there. Just 39 for me this week, ended up making the move I was thinking about a few weeks ago and went Trippier to Alonso after the early kick-off, was hopeful of some nice points against Cardiff, but that was quite a disappointment in the end! Still glad I made the move, feel better having Alonso and have a strong feeling that Trippier will be rotated with Aurier in the next PL game with the CL match taking place mid-week. Going to be keeping a close eye on Mendy news though, that could be another transfer waiting to happen - might end up being my route back to Richarlison if he's confirmed out by next weekend.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

49pts for the week for me. 289pts overall in 2600'ish so happy with that. 4 subs used so far and relatively happy I think. Hazard and Richarlson on my radar.

norvern muppet
FISO Knight

Post by norvern muppet »

norvern muppet wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 21:05 allison

coady - robertson - wan-bissaka - mendy

sane - salah - mane - jota

ags - kane
:arrow:

allison

coady - robertson - bennet - alonso

sane - hazard - mane - pereyra

ags - fermino

thoughts?

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

I like it but how many subs is that, 5?

marcml987
Treebeard
FS Record: Poor

Post by marcml987 »

LenH wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 20:14 I like it but how many subs is that, 5?
I was wondering that. But that said I do advocate surgery early on to get your team right. But if you’re doing this having already made 5 previous subs, I’d think twice.

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

@norvern yes 5 in one go sounds a bit carried away.

Mendy's absence doesn't sound long term, there's a chance he's back for this weekend or next. I've got him and am holding.

Salah has had the chances, just not taken them, and I much prefer his chances of scoring more points this weekend at home to Southampton than Hazard does away to West Ham, so I'd make that a wait and see, Mo will explode soon I think.

I have Jota too, and apparently he played well last week, and Wolves are playing decent football, so I'm going to give him another week or two to see if he can break his duck.

Kane has been disappointing and does not look like exploding into life anytime soon. He plays last game this Saturday so I'd let him have that game, and if he bags a brace or a hatrick I'd keep him, but otherwise Arsenal have a decent looking run of fixtures so the only transfers I'd do in your position this week would be Kane to Lacazette who is starting more centrally, so I'd go with him. The £1m saved over Kane leaves you enough money to do Sane :arrow: Hazard, who plays on Sunday so you get Sane's points against Cardiff (if he plays) so you can do that move this weekend too, as I'm not convinced Sane has got a certain starting place yet.

I've had a rubbish week again so maybe don't listen to me :oops: I got 34 points, taking me to 262 pts overall with 2 transfers used, about 11k position. Mendy was a no show, a 1 pointer from Jota, 1 clean sheet, 1 goal, Aguero's 2 assists and everyone else was a poor 2 pointer, but fixtures look good this week so hopeful for better things.

Very tempting to delve into the transfer market after such a poor week, but am going to resist temptation unless I hear Mendy is out for over 2 weeks. I don't think I've got a bad team, and I'd rather save the transfers until after the next International break and then attack more in the run up to Xmas.

Jota gets a couple more weeks to impress, and if he doesn't my next moves are likely to be Jota :arrow: Seri which leaves me enough money to do Ramsey :arrow: Hazard, if over the next few weeks Hazard continues his great run, he's looking on fire at the moment.

bluepeter
Treebeard
FS Record: nothing of any note

Post by bluepeter »

Was planning Pedro and AUBAMEYANG to hazard and mitrovic this weekend........ but after finally scoring for arsenal last night, do you think he’s a hold now?
To add complexity, Pedro picked up an injury so has to go, but don’t want to just shuffle the deck, I want the form player hazard. Grrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

bluepeter wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 08:45 Was planning Pedro and AUBAMEYANG to hazard and mitrovic this weekend........ but after finally scoring for arsenal last night, do you think he’s a hold now?
To add complexity, Pedro picked up an injury so has to go, but don’t want to just shuffle the deck, I want the form player hazard. Grrrrr
You would have thought Lacazette would come back into the team in the PL, which would push Auba back out wide again, potentially reducing his output to what it has been of late. Pedro has also tweeted out that "all is ok" despite what happened at the end of the match - make of that what you will!

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

First update on here since week 1, but I've been ticking over quite nicely - currently on 275 points and 5,788 position, with 5 transfers used so far. Currently deciding what to do re Mendy...

Moraes
Mendy, Van Aanholt, Wan-Bissaka, Robertson
Salah, Mane, Silva, Sterling, Mane, Jota
Aguero

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

There's no time frame on the injury so it sounds like it could drag on, defo a sell for me. @Hogmeister, surely it hello Marcus Alonso, that's what I'm doing.

He just lost his driving licence for a year as well, he sounds a tabloid dream, the new Balotelli?

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Think Il'l give Mendy another week at least to get back.

norvern muppet
FISO Knight

Post by norvern muppet »

muldoon wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 16:13 @norvern yes 5 in one go sounds a bit carried away.
ty boys
yes
it is carried away but i have used 2 so far

and it is the only way ive found i can to get ferminio, hazard and alonso in :? complicated by who is playing when of course :roll:

just going to do kane (cue hatrick) :arrow: ferminio for today
leaving sane :arrow: hazard at £-0.1 mil :twisted:
Last edited by norvern muppet on 22 Sep 2018, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Yard of Grass »

Hogmeister wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 17:19 First update on here since week 1, but I've been ticking over quite nicely - currently on 275 points and 5,788 position, with 5 transfers used so far. Currently deciding what to do re Mendy...

Moraes
Aguero
Anywhere in the top 10k always a good benchmark for us singletons. Do you get double points for Mane!? 😀 If so might double up on Hazard!

norvern muppet
FISO Knight

Post by norvern muppet »

Yard of Grass wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 00:05Anywhere in the top 10k always a good benchmark for us singletons.!
anytime in the top 10K always good for me :wink:

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Yard of Grass wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 00:05
Hogmeister wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 17:19 First update on here since week 1, but I've been ticking over quite nicely - currently on 275 points and 5,788 position, with 5 transfers used so far. Currently deciding what to do re Mendy...

Moraes
Aguero
Anywhere in the top 10k always a good benchmark for us singletons. Do you get double points for Mane!? 😀 If so might double up on Hazard!
:lol:

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

LenH wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 00:32
Yard of Grass wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 00:05

Moraes
Aguero
:lol:
Yes, and I'd highly recommend that unusual 4-6-1 formation too :wink:

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Midlander »

Considering King to Hazard tomorrow. The only thing deterring me is King's next four are Palace, Watford, Southampton and Fulham. What do we reckon?

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

56pts yesterday, 345 overall and up to 1700ish position. I'm getting vertigo! Sure it'll all disappear today though.

@Midlander Not sure about King move, it's tempting but those four games certainly swaying. Any other way to get Hazard in?

Hazard is coming in for me via a double swap.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”