To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

World Cup game! False Advertising! Swindled!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

World Cup game! False Advertising! Swindled!

Post by jaycar25 »

Beware!. The TFF World Cup Game.

Don't know which bozo company/people run this game BUT!.

I feel totally swindled. Bought a 9.99 season ticket (10 TEAMS) and reluctantly against my better judgement, thought it would be worth getting another 20.00 pack to maximise permutations.

These packs are advertised as receiving additional double credits (20.00 etc = 16 credits instead of 8) before midnight 31ST May 2018.

To my horror I only received 8.

What are the Daily Telegraph playing at.

Any thoughts will be welcomed

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Re: World Cup game! False Advertising! Swindled!

Post by mad dog »

Just email them through the contact us. Always found them very helpful

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

Cheers M.D. refund sorted.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

jaycar25 wrote: 26 May 2018, 15:49 Cheers M.D. refund sorted.
Their crap Jaycar. Fortunately I emailed them first to clear things up before I tried purchasing. I think it’s an absolute joke of advertising. They actually emailed telling me not to putchase the pack. I’ll just get my missus to get a pack of 10 for £9.99 instead that’ll teach em. 😁

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

...and this page;

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk ... /icthegame

is STILL advertising 16 teams for £20

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

Biddles32 wrote: 26 May 2018, 18:40
jaycar25 wrote: 26 May 2018, 15:49 Cheers M.D. refund sorted.
Their crap Jaycar. Fortunately I emailed them first to clear things up before I tried purchasing. I think it’s an absolute joke of advertising. They actually emailed telling me not to putchase the pack. I’ll just get my missus to get a pack of 10 for £9.99 instead that’ll teach em. 😁
:wink:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i may have won the seasonal game and top 10'd this year but i am seriously considering not playing this year. the amount of transfers you need to process is ridiculous. even worse of the £20k first prize that would have tempted more entries £5k each has been diverted to a stupid goals prize and a knockout prize. you would do better placing a bet on the golden boot if you like that kind of thing! the latter prize will go to a huge multi entrant who has nothing better to do in a short run comp than revolve his defences around. this really is exceptionally appalling, not surprised their entry structure stated doesn't match the reality, too many gimmicks and not enough seasonal focus may kill this game. very 50/50 whether i will bother playing or not, can't believe after all these years that the sun now has a better game!

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

I was cold turkeyed out of the TFF when they banned residents from abroad. I started doing Dream Team and liked it's low maintenance. Now transfers in that game have gone over the top. It's got to the point where the game is putting off the occasional player.
Looking at other FF games, I now really enjoy the brutality of Velogames. Pick your team and pray. No transfers. It takes a little study to have a good team that puts in a good performance. I like that set up. The best bit is when one of the riders does a late surge and you weren't allowed to transfer him out, when you would have done. Quality, Cream and all that.
Visits, hits and advertising seems to be the set up in this kind of business. It all seems to be heading in one direction. I do wonder though what the advertisers understand. With multi entrants, you're reaching the same pundit each time.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”