To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 13th May

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Re: TFF chit chat 13th May

Post by Toffeeman »

No mate, willian and Hazard.

Diddnt think Simon had Alonso until last week so a bit gutted when I worked it out !!

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

Post by Thomarse »

mysteryshopper wrote: 13 May 2018, 20:25 I think i heard something about Ederson being booked in the celebrations. :x
Haha that sums up my day pretty nicely! Injuries before matches and booking's for players who didn't even play. FML!

mb2306
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Tff Three Lions League champion 2018/2019

Post by mb2306 »

Toffeeman wrote: 13 May 2018, 20:57 No mate, willian and Hazard.

Diddnt think Simon had Alonso until last week so a bit gutted when I worked it out !!
Im getting sweaty palms chasing and holding off close to £3000 worth of prizes so i cannot even imagine how you are feeling being within touching distance of £50000 and its all riding on that one game. Good luck man!!!! From 17.15 next saturday ill bet your cortisol levels are going to skyrocket and you'll age 10 years in 2 hours, if i was in your position i know i certainly would!!!!!

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Depends if courtois starts, no chance otherwise.

mysteryshopper
FISOhead

Post by mysteryshopper »

I have Alonso and Willian so you will only have a chance of catching me a clean sheet. It's possible but it's also possible courtios and Chris are benched and if Dave doesn't score well I stay ahead. Too many permutations but not many in my favour.

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Nice work to those in the upper reaches of the league, and good luck next week. Personally one of those seasons where my team never got going. A bit envious of the FPL players who can now put their feet up while I'm still worrying about the cup final (which doesn't exactly promise to be a goal fest!!)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

ChrisD wrote:Nice work to those in the upper reaches of the league, and good luck next week. Personally one of those seasons where my team never got going. A bit envious of the FPL players who can now put their feet up while I'm still worrying about the cup final (which doesn't exactly promise to be a goal fest!!)
Yep, big luck to all FISOers challenging for anything.

By using up my transfers in midweek and having teams that have flattered to deceive and finally falter I had no interest at all. Only came out of the sun and into the house at bang on 3 to watch the Liverpool game. Didn't have a scooby about any other line ups and still don't really! Just saw any scores that Sky announced during the game.

jjmatadormc
FISOhead
FS Record: Euro 2016 TFF Predictor Winner

Post by jjmatadormc »

I guess I'm going to have to convert as many teams as possible to Chelsea/ManUtd combos, which is definitely not going to be a massive waste of time.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Can’t believe Ederson lost a point for a booking when he didn’t play. If they are going to do that then, if a player is on the bench and the ball goes off, and he gets it quickly to a team mate to take a quick throw in, creating a goal, surely the sub has to get a second KC as well?

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

hancockjr wrote: 14 May 2018, 20:21 Can’t believe Ederson lost a point for a booking when he didn’t play. If they are going to do that then, if a player is on the bench and the ball goes off, and he gets it quickly to a team mate to take a quick throw in, creating a goal, surely the sub has to get a second KC as well?
This doesn't make any sense. You can be booked when not playing, you obviously can't score or assist when you aren't.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Do you know, I think a league player got sent off once without playing. Think he was bad mouthing the ref or something. Can't find a reference to it, so maybe it's my imagination!

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

SPR wrote: 14 May 2018, 20:44
hancockjr wrote: 14 May 2018, 20:21 Can’t believe Ederson lost a point for a booking when he didn’t play. If they are going to do that then, if a player is on the bench and the ball goes off, and he gets it quickly to a team mate to take a quick throw in, creating a goal, surely the sub has to get a second KC as well?
This doesn't make any sense. You can be booked when not playing, you obviously can't score or assist when you aren't.
No you can't score but you can make a key contribution to a goal, as above, so if bookings count you should be able to get a KC as well, should you not?

jjmatadormc
FISOhead

Post by jjmatadormc »

I remember Tim Flowers getting booked for such an offence.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Latic wrote: 14 May 2018, 21:37 Do you know, I think a league player got sent off once without playing. Think he was bad mouthing the ref or something. Can't find a reference to it, so maybe it's my imagination!
There was a ref on Soccer AM (maybe Graham Poll) who said he once sent someone off in the car park (not sure if before or after game). Given Stan Collymore had just been outed for dogging, someone did enquire whether it was him, but it wasn't!

Ref has authority, I believe, when he enters the Ground until he leaves.

jjmatadormc
FISOhead

Post by jjmatadormc »

Almost Hancock, almost.

https://youtu.be/wK2QTq5ctJw?t=2m12s

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

hancockjr wrote:
No you can't score but you can make a key contribution to a goal, as above, so if bookings count you should be able to get a KC as well, should you not?
No, you can't.

Passing somebody a ball to take a throw in or corner is not a KC. How you think it could be, I really don't know.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

If a player on the pitch did it then would it be a KC? Err, no.

jjmatadormc
FISOhead

Post by jjmatadormc »

On the subject of strange sendings off, in the U17 Euro's tonight Ireland's goalkeeper was sent off (2nd yellow) during the penalty shoot out for supposedly coming off his line. Never seen that before.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Maldini wrote: 14 May 2018, 22:34
hancockjr wrote:
No, you can't.

Passing somebody a ball to take a throw in or corner is not a KC. How you think it could be, I really don't know.
It’s the English language and logic.

If a player does something without which a goal would not have been scored, they have by definition made a key contribution (lower case - I.e just the English definition, not the KC definition for TFF) to that goal being scored. Assuming they meet the other criteria of a Key Contribution (upper case) they should be awarded a KC if being part of the 11 on the pitch is not a requirement for scoring TFF points (which the Ederson yellow has shown to be the case).

Don’t get me wrong, I think it would be madness to award KCs in this situation, but that’s why Ederson should not have -1 for his yellow - he wasn’t playing at the time.

I have no agenda here, I don’t have Ederson and not really doing TFF now, it just seems like madness to me (and only me, it seems!).

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Yep think it's just you!

One requirement for the TFF definition of a KC, clearly, is that player must make a contribution while the ball is in play - which a sub simply can't do.

Clearly it is possible (though rare) to acquire a yellow card while the ball is not in play, hence can be achieved while being an unused sub.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

hancockjr wrote: 15 May 2018, 10:28
Don’t get me wrong, I think it would be madness to award KCs in this situation, but that’s why Ederson should not have -1 for his yellow - he wasn’t playing at the time.

I completely agree with this point.

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

Spinynorman wrote: 16 May 2018, 08:21

He was booked (something that should have been pretty hard to achieve), why would the game disregard it?! Why not just ignore all cards then?!

The KC point is an absolute red herring, they aren't related at all.

If I were going to do anything, I'd add a multiplier on to the negative for being an idiot :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

SPR wrote: 16 May 2018, 08:56
Spinynorman wrote: 16 May 2018, 08:21

He was booked (something that should have been pretty hard to achieve), why would the game disregard it?! Why not just ignore all cards then?!

The KC point is an absolute red herring, they aren't related at all.

If I were going to do anything, I'd add a multiplier on to the negative for being an idiot :lol:
There used to be a multiplier on all numpty bookings and sending offs but, as part of the dumbing down for the masses TFF felt -2 for a booking and -5 for a sending off was too much for some poor TFFers to take and they didn't want to make them cry.

Maybe if players got -6 for being booked for taking their shirts off / kicking the ball away / being Ederson etc then they might get death threats from angry TFFers which may, in turn, stop them being such annoying numpties in the first place. If only but never gonna happen.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”