To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Phil Jones and Ben Davies

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
SPR
Dumbledore

Re: Phil Jones and Ben Davies

Post by SPR »

If Davies starts on Saturday, Tottenham play on Sunday the week after but before all the big teams with defenders you might be interested in* (No help if you want to downgrade to Ward/ Tarkowski), and then are first up after the international break.

*Disclaimer so Murf doesn't accuse me of saying Liverpool aren't a big team ;-)

Matt70
Treebeard

Post by Matt70 »

I see Craig Dawson is out as well for 2 months and he was picked by 6.5% of teams. Looking a Sunday/Monday matches might be able to pick a cheap defender from Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton, Southampton or Leicester. take your pick

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

Matt70 wrote: 26 Oct 2017, 15:19 I see Craig Dawson is out as well for 2 months and he was picked by 6.5% of teams. Looking a Sunday/Monday matches might be able to pick a cheap defender from Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton, Southampton or Leicester. take your pick
Gibbs

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

SPR wrote:If Davies starts on Saturday, Tottenham play on Sunday the week after but before all the big teams with defenders you might be interested in* (No help if you want to downgrade to Ward/ Tarkowski), and then are first up after the international break.

When it comes to defenders it is easy to be glib and say they aren't a big team but they have only conceded 1 league goal at home so far so do generate CSs

Not great but nor are some other big teams this year. Just buy Man U bus drivers then?

Or will future form be different to past form?????

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

murf wrote: 26 Oct 2017, 16:45
SPR wrote:If Davies starts on Saturday, Tottenham play on Sunday the week after but before all the big teams with defenders you might be interested in* (No help if you want to downgrade to Ward/ Tarkowski), and then are first up after the international break.

When it comes to defenders it is easy to be glib and say they aren't a big team but they have only conceded 1 league goal at home so far so do generate CSs

Not great but nor are some other big teams this year. Just buy Man U bus drivers then?

Or will future form be different to past form?????
Haven't checked number of CS which as you state is what counts but they've conceded 16 (puts them 15th on a goals conceded table), 10+ more than the top 3, 6 more than Chelsea and 4 more than Arsenal. I'd go for top 3, but you'd certainly expect Chelsea to be more solid soon, Arsenal a bit more shaky but may get better. Then you have teams like Southampton who are usually solid and other smaller teams that have done well so far but may be risky long-term.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”