To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Joining mini leagues

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
secrets
Wideboy

Joining mini leagues

Post by secrets »

I'm part of a £50 mini league which until recently had 6 teams in it. A player has joined the league who is sitting in the top 100. Do the telegraph allow that or is it down to the chairman as to whether he would be allowed to join the league. Seems a bit unfair if it's allowed.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Re: Joining mini leagues

Post by robot »

Chairmen cant remove people from paid leagues, the 7th person must know the codes to join though, so how has that hapenned?

secrets
Wideboy

Post by secrets »

It was a league that was advertised by the telegraph through an email link listing paid private leagues. The details to the league were on there.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

You advertised for members and got one and think it is unfair. Is that right???

secrets
Wideboy

Post by secrets »

I didn't advertise for members? I responded to an email sent out by the telegraph. 4 weeks in to the season somebody who potentially has endless teams as he appears several times in the top 100 appears in the league. I normally enjoy your posts Murf. I was just looking for clarification on whether it's allowed as most leagues close after the the first kick off or at least first weekend.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

League entrys closed 25 september.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I don't know anything about advertising leagues or rules specific to that but all 'normal' private leagues were open to new entries til (I think) last Monday. Now closed.

If it is big money and advertised then surely you would expect sensible managers (i.e. those clued up and in it for the cash) to enter as late as possible and with teams they expect to do the best.

secrets
Wideboy

Post by secrets »

No I clearly didn't expect that otherwise I wouldn't have seeked out the clarification. I have now gone on to the league message board and found a message from the guy and yes he joined before the deadline on 25th September. Just felt a little let down as you are right he is clued up but it really doesn't seem fair. Here's hoping he has a Huddersfield block and over the course of the season can be caught. He has very smugly already asked if the prize money is winner takes all. If I had said his name was Sandor Kovacs would you have been slightly more sympathetic murf?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I wondered as you said he was mentioned lots on the leaderboard. Didn't realise he did that sort of thing (private minileagues) but he is certainly in it to recoup his investment.

Hos team names are often big clues to his blocks!

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

I think Murf's original point still stands, regardless of who has entered. Why were the league details advertised? I'm assuming you gave TFF permission to do that somehow (by responding to the email I presume).

Until the rules change Sandor is within his rights to play how he does.

secrets
Wideboy

Post by secrets »

Yes sorry I was just looking for some sympathy saying it was Sandor. I don't know how much of a big hitter this person is but does have several teams in the top 100. Now I've realised he has done nothing wrong I have no issue but I was just hopeful It wasn't allowed.

Just to clear this up I am not the chairmen for the league, I found it entered it was enjoying it and then this guy appeared on the 25th September. I'm sure the chairman and the five other managers are regretting joining a league where this can happen but lesson learnt.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

If you put league details out there on a forum, twitter, facebook then you have to expect the sharks to join. I don't like tff so I don't bother but he hasn't done anything wrong. He knows the deadline was Monday. weeks or months ago he would have jotted down the details and waited until the deadline to smash in his best teams. Only thing tff could do is to change the deadline so teams had to be in by the start of the season.

jobmeister
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jobmeister »

mad dog wrote:If you put league details out there on a forum, twitter, facebook then you have to expect the sharks to join. I don't like tff so I don't bother but he hasn't done anything wrong. He knows the deadline was Monday. weeks or months ago he would have jotted down the details and waited until the deadline to smash in his best teams. Only thing tff could do is to change the deadline so teams had to be in by the start of the season.
Most of the paid leagues did have a deadline of the 1st game of the season and then the chairman closed the league.maybe this league is an exception check the messages and any info from the chairman. If it is a later deadline then he has played by the rules.I have entered quite a few leagues and the deadline was the opening prem fixture.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

secrets
Wideboy

Post by secrets »

It was an article by the telegraph where they listed examples of £10, £20, and £50 leagues with the details of how to join. A couple of friends joined another £50 league and once it got to 20 teams the chairman capped it. The guy who set up our league obviously didn't close it and therefore lots of teams could have joined just before the deadline. A quick google search and you will find the article and then just be able to click on the league. I'm mid table with a sad face!!

jobmeister
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jobmeister »

secrets wrote:It was an article by the telegraph where they listed examples of £10, £20, and £50 leagues with the details of how to join. A couple of friends joined another £50 league and once it got to 20 teams the chairman capped it. The guy who set up our league obviously didn't close it and therefore lots of teams could have joined just before the deadline. A quick google search and you will find the article and then just be able to click on the league. I'm mid table with a sad face!!
The leagues I joined were from the same article / e-mail from the telegraph and they
all closed from the opening prem fixture.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Not sure if you aware of this but the Telegraph twitter feed re-tweeted leagues to join on the 22nd September. (Which looks to have now been removed) This was a duplicate post from one advertising the same leagues in pre season. I was quite surprised they did this. There was a 50 quid League on that list which maybe your league.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”