To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Lets Talk about Kane

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Troopon
Treebeard

Lets Talk about Kane

Post by Troopon »

I'm guessing most people have Kane and Lukaku in most, if not all of their teams and are frustrated by his output. His shooting stats (total, in box and on target) are ridiculously good but he just isn't converting.

City have Palace this weekend after Spurs play in the early kick off but they also play in the early kickoff next weekend which means there are no 2-0 opportunities. City next week have Chelsea which doesn't seem as good of an opportunity as Palace this week. So what are people's plans?

a) Keep Kane and wait until next week's early kick off, if he blanks in both games then transfer.
b) Keep Kane no matter what happens in the next 2 games (barring injury or suspension).
c) Ditching Kane if he blanks against West Ham this week.
d) Ditching Kane even if he gets goals/KCs against West Ham this week.

I'll likely do a) although with 5 teams, all with Kane, I think I may gamble on c) for 1 team and get Aguero in (one I don't have Jesus in)

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Lets Talk about Kane

Post by ChrisD »

The player I'd be ditching Kane for is Aguero (already have Jesus). Whilst I'd love to have Aguero this week, Kane's next 3 are decent fixtures and as you say his underlying numbers look good, so I'm just going to have to swallow whatever happens at Palace, hoping that Jesus scores well...Will revisit after the next International Break, as Spurs' fixtures in October seem more challenging..

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

Well I don't have Kane or Lukaku but I am thinking of ditching Dele( also have Eriksen) for Aguero. With a congested fixture list all round I predict a lot of rotation. It may be best to do nothing. If I had Kane I would keep. People always regret selling him.

windymillers7
Treebeard

Post by windymillers7 »

I have Kane and Lukaku, sticking with Kane for now, but will see; Aguero is looking tempting...

windymillers7
Treebeard

Post by windymillers7 »

windymillers7 wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 22:11 I have Kane and Lukaku, sticking with Kane for now, but will see; Aguero is looking tempting...
In 2minds now - leaning towards c)...

Troopon
Treebeard

Post by Troopon »

Interesting Jesus played 90 minutes last night with Aguero given a rest. Potentially Jesus will get a rest Saturday which isn't ideal for my teams.

I'm still likely going to stick to my guns for this week at least. City's fixtures minus the Chelsea game are nice so it is tempting (yet again in the short term so are Spurs). Man United's start to slip soon so I may re-assess next week or the week after. May even be worth doing some Lukaku>Aguero's then.

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

I read the Jesus situation the same, and wouldn't be surprised if he was rested at the weekend. I have enough cash to go Jesus to Aguero and I fear I don't have the willpower to resist if he is rested.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

As a Jesus holder I'm perhaps looking through rose tinted glasses but I thought 2 games per week was too much for Sergio and his piano wire hamstrings but no problem for young Jesus (he is immortal after all). As such I'm hoping both start at the weekend.

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

ChrisD wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 14:23 I read the Jesus situation the same, and wouldn't be surprised if he was rested at the weekend. I have enough cash to go Jesus to Aguero and I fear I don't have the willpower to resist if he is rested.
I think both will play. Sane also played and he is the most likely replacement. If you switch to Aguero you may want to switch back the following week when it's Jesus turn to start. I'm thinking of having both. Win win

jimborogers
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimborogers »

I think you have to look at it this way. They have 3 games in 7 days... One against Crystal Palace one champions league and one against Chelsea. I don't think jesus will play all 3 games after playing 90 mins in the week (first time he's played 90 mins all season!) and with pep seeing him as a main player I'd guess he will be rested at the weekend. The players rested in the week are the likely ones to play all 3 games. Aguero silva Kdb etc...

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

what did somebody say, aguero is only gona play half a game get booked with no kc's and jesus plays the full 90 :twisted: its a trap im telling you :lol: :lol:

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Even on the bench a player like Jesus more than likely to come on and grab points especially if Aggro gets puffed out.
I think those already on the Jesus trail won't be too miffed if he is benched given the number of games to be played in this part of the season and the fact that he already scored plenty of points.
I always like to have Aggro is my teams sooner than later but at this particular junction he won't be drafted in to any more of my teams unless Kane gets an injury in the early KO.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

So.... come on, cut the flannel, who is doing it. Who is swapping Kane for Aguero???

Troopon
Treebeard

Post by Troopon »

I am unlikely to. If Kane does blank I may do it 1 out of my 5 teams. The rest I will wait until their early kick off next week and see.

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

Im very much in the b bracket. I just think no matter what fixtures or form he has kane will always score goals. I've had him from the start so feel like I've seen out his tough run and he will eventually start banging them in again and I don't want to miss out. Especially on sergio who will probably score similiar points but could pull a hammy at any moment

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

ChrisD wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 14:29 Whilst I'd love to have Aguero this week ....... I'm just going to have to swallow whatever happens at Palace

Hurry up, doesn't shut til 5!

See you there. Baggsy the big one

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

I was a firm (a) on Monday and at the moment (with no further grounds) I'm edging towards (c). No wonder I'm hopeless at this game :roll:

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

If i had Kane he would be a keep for me. What about Vardy in the late kick off? Looks very sharpe and on Pens again. Plus they have already played 3 of the top teams and no Europe to think about.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Sieben wrote:If i had Kane he would be a keep for me. What about Vardy in the late kick off? Looks very sharpe and on Pens again. Plus they have already played 3 of the top teams and no Europe to think about.
Any news on his alleged injury? Just leaguecupitis or something proper?

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

Not considering this and I'm out and busy tomorrow so should be little chance of changing my mind.

Sieben
FISOhead

Post by Sieben »

I think it was a genuine injury but he is a tough nut and always seems to recover well. I may put him in for Willian but had planned on Mane

windymillers7
Treebeard

Post by windymillers7 »

Sieben wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 21:05 I think it was a genuine injury but he is a tough nut and always seems to recover well. I may put him in for Willian but had planned on Mane
Assuming we're talking Vardy, physioroom have him as a slight doubt (groin injury)

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

windymillers7 wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 23:06
Sieben wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 21:05 I think it was a genuine injury but he is a tough nut and always seems to recover well. I may put him in for Willian but had planned on Mane
Assuming we're talking Vardy, physioroom have him as a slight doubt (groin injury)
Shakespeare: “Vardy trained this morning so hopefully there will be no reaction. We'll see in the morning”

From here (via FFS twitter)

https://mobile.twitter.com/LCFC/status/ ... 5236736000

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest finishing place in TFF - 117th

Post by Themonkey thatstolexmas »

Two for Kane already

Feel like there's a bit of knee-jerk about this conversation tbh, based around an Aguero hat-trick last week.

Kane scored, what, 4 hat-tricks last year? We're in game week 6 and going into today Kane was averaging fractionally under 5ppg - not ideal at his price, but far from a disaster, and he's a windfall waiting to happen. And with two goals in the first half an hour today, and West Ham having to chase the game now...

I would love to have Aguero but this year there is an abundance of good striking options - I can't in good conscience justify dropping Kane, Lukaku or Jesus really, better to wait for a proper reason to do that.

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

Themonkey thatstolexmas wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 13:17 Feel like there's a bit of knee-jerk about this conversation tbh, based around an Aguero hat-trick last week.
Agree with this and the rest of the post.

jjmatadormc
FISOhead
FS Record: Euro 2016 TFF Predictor Winner

Post by jjmatadormc »

Harry Kane is good at Football.

longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man

Post by longjohn12 »

Themonkey thatstolexmas wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 13:17 Two for Kane already

Feel like there's a bit of knee-jerk about this conversation tbh, based around an Aguero hat-trick last week.

Kane scored, what, 4 hat-tricks last year? We're in game week 6 and going into today Kane was averaging fractionally under 5ppg - not ideal at his price, but far from a disaster, and he's a windfall waiting to happen. And with two goals in the first half an hour today, and West Ham having to chase the game now...

I would love to have Aguero but this year there is an abundance of good striking options - I can't in good conscience justify dropping Kane, Lukaku or Jesus really, better to wait for a proper reason to do that.
Am I having a deja vu today? Lol

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”