To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Graph

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Re: Graph

Post by brencarr »

Some additional stats and figures which may mean nothing at all .... remember the old adage, there are lies, damned lies and statistics .... but make of these what you will.

The average weekly scores for the 4 positions I followed were....
Winner 50.74
100th 48.57
10,000 44.62
100,000 38.71

The Wooden Spoon winner was in 278,339th position (-14 points)
There were 450 people who shared the 100k spot (actually 99,912th)
160 people shared the 10k position (9,944th)
4 people were on the same points in 99th place
Roy Frost had a 10 point lead at the top (well played sir)

Hopefully this was an amusing distraction on occasion this season, I'm still not sure if it has any actual value, maybe looking back on it next season could help but in the end like many things in (my) life, I did it because it was fun :) Good luck in the Euros everyone, and well done FISO on the 'League of Private Leagues' win by a healthy 15 points.

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

Thanks for sharing Bren, one of the posts I looked out for each week.

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

sted wrote:Thanks for sharing Bren, one of the posts I looked out for each week.
Me too

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Me too but no real idea why!

Was always a way of figuring out what my target was.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Thanks guys :)

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

Thanks for this great thread. Found it very useful throughout the season, it showed how points I was from the 10k mark. Was 50k at Christmas, satisfied to have finished in the 2k range.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Despite the new & 'improved' website I have managed to get the data I needed to continue this thread. Like many of you I'm not exactly certain how it helps but I enjoyed it, plus we have the added advantage this season as we can compare the score to last season week-by-week.

The dotted line is the 50 point/week line which is (or at least was) a good guide for the season long effort.

The greyed out lines are the tracks of last years scores. Interestingly enough (maybe) the top score and 100th place are below their score at this point last year and the bottom two are ahead of where they were.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 4 (Lukaku 11-minute hat-trick) - Everton win 3-0 at hapless Sunderland to move up to third in the early table. Man City are the last team with a 100% record after they win the derby 2-1 at the Theatre of whatever, 1-0 to Pep but it's early days - they're even still pretending to like each other at the moment. West Ham throw away a 2-0 lead to lose at home to Watford as the home fans fight amongst themselves in the new London Stadium and Sideshow Bob has returned to the Bridge .... it's good to be back!

Stoke, Sunderland & Southampton are the early bottom 3 .... must be something to do with red & white stripes, it may be nothing but I'm switching from Colgate just in case :shock:

It's early days but with extra transfers this season the hares may take more reeling in. This week's movers and shakers ....
Leader up 59
100th up 47
10k up 42
100k up 37
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 5 - Capoue, Antonio & Costa all score again, Man City make it 5/5, Liverpool win at Chelsea, the Special One loses at Watford, Stoke concede 4 for the 3rd time already this season and West Ham lose 4-2 for the second week running.

There were some reasonable increases this week for the tracked positions, with the top 10k (or thereabouts) keeping up with the 50 point/week mark ....
Leader up 60
100th up 63
10k up 48
100k up 40

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 6 - Wayne Rooney benched for United who win 4-1 without him. Aguero returns from his ban and bags a brace at Swansea - has anyone here not got him in their team ... if so, why? Liverpool also marching strongly on with a 5-1 win over Hull, and Arsene finally puts his Chelsea hoodoo to bed with a great 3-0 home win.
This weeks scores ....
Leader up 50
100th up 53
10k up 42
100k up 36
All but the leader scoring ahead of the same point last year so far.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 7 - There were 6 draws in the Premier League this weekend which is unusual (probably?). One team who would have loved a draw are Man City, who, it seems, are not invincible after all as Tottenham take them apart at the Lane. This week saw Man United held at home by 'lucky' Stoke (source: Jose Mourinho) with another Rooney assist, he's got such a good touch it must be difficult for defenders to read him :shock: Dimitri Payet scored a hum-dinger to rescue the Hammers and Koscielny scored a scrappy volleyball point to get Arsenal the win at unlucky Burnley with the last kick/spike of the game.

This week the graph aligned itself (can they do that?) with last years numbers as the leader posted a great score and the rest wobbled a bit.
Leader up 70
100th up 46
10k up 38
100k up 34

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 8 - Looking back at the corresponding week last year (on p. 2) I see Aguero scored 5 goals v. Newcastle, that seemed a long time ago as he came off the bench to have his penalty saved this weekend, 25 minutes after De Bruyne had done the same - big points for Stekelenburg holders. Benteke also managed to sky his penalty too which made it a very bad week for one of my teams :roll: In other news, Bournemouth put 6 past Hull and Liverpool & Man United drew 0-0 as Mourinho gave us a demonstration of his tactical prowess with the help of the team bus.

This week the scores are relatively low, a minus score for Aguero didn't help much I'm sure.
Leader up 40
100th up 52
10k up 44
100k up 34

P.S. week 9 last year saw Wijnaldum score 4 for Newcastle - just sayin' :)

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 9 - Man City once again gift their opponents (Saints on this occasion) a goal, and fail to win for the 5th game in a row in all competitions .... but somehow remain top of the table after Arsenal & Spurs both draw their matches 0-0 and Man Utd get thumped 4-0 on Mourinho's return to the bridge. This week ten teams managed to keep a clean sheet which is rare (probably), and I thought this might lead to high scores, but as with so many TFF-related things - I was wrong ....

Leader up 37
100th up 36
10k up 35
100k up 31

The leading team is 45 points down on week 9 of last year, the other 3 are on a par.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 10 - Aguero scores twice at the Hawthorns to keep City top, Mourinho gets sent to the stand as Tom Heaton performs heroics to keep United out at Old Trafford. Sanchez, Lukaku and Costa continue their run of form and Liverpool score 4 again as most of their midfielders look like must-haves.

With the popular players doing well it's no surprise the scores were good this week....
Leader up 54
100th up 57
10k up 56
100k up 44

The tracked positions are very similar to this time last season.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 11 - Liverpool hit Watford for 6 and are top scorers and top of the league. Chelsea put 5 past Everton and are not only the 2nd best scorers but also have the 2nd meanest defence. Clean sheets are in short supply this season and 12 teams have a negative goal difference (is that normal?). Man City beat Barcelona midweek but then draw at home to 'Boro and the North London derby ends all square.

Good scores all round this week which brings the totals in line with week 11 last year ....
Leader up 61
100th up 61
10k up 52
100k up 43

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 12 - Chelsea win again and keep their 6th consecutive clean sheet in the league, this moves them to top spot in the table. Liverpool drew at Southampton and Harry Kane scored two late goals on return from injury to beat West Ham who are down in 17th place. West Brom scored 4 against Burnley :shock: ...and - Yaya Toure returns and scores twice for City, forgiven and forgotten, or maybe on his bike in January.

A funny week scoring-wise as all of the tracked positions scored fairly low....

Leader up 34
100th up 41
10k up 37
100k up 33

.... this means the top 100 are closer together than they were last season with only 64 points separating 100th place and the top man - last year's winner Roy Frost on 720 points. International breaks are behind us now, for a few months at least, so we can get stuck-in in earnest.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 13 - A 9-goal thriller at the Liberty as Swansea beat Palace 5-4. Aguero scored twice to show reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated, Liverpool win again but Coutinho looks to be out for a month or so which could slow them down. Chelsea come from behind to beat Spurs, and Leicester still struggle in the Premier League despite topping their Champions League group.

This week only 3 teams kept a clean sheet - Saints, Liverpool & Stoke. Oh, and Mourinho now has a worse disciplinary record than Diego Costa as he gets sent to the stands again :)

Scores this week, the rich got richer ....
Leader up 57
100th up 45
10k up 46
100k up 39

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 14 - better late than never but this is my first post from my new life 'down under', issues with broadband and jet lag have meant I currently don't know which way is up :)

Anyway - 36 goals this week and with Sanchez getting a hat-trick and 3 other players getting a brace the scores are relatively high, even with most of us having to deal with a minus score from Aguero (who will be having Christmas in Argentina I fancy), Chelsea win at the Etihad and march onwards at the top.

Leader up 72
100th up 68
10k up 61
100k up 44

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 15 - Hat-tricks for Vardy & Sanchez as Leicester beat Man City and, Arsenal & Chelsea keep up their good work at the top as they are the only 2 teams in the top 5 to win. Goals galore on Saturday as 7 of the 12 teams score 3 or more and the 6 matches average 5 goals per game (4.83 for the pedants :) )

At the moment the leader is only 9 points behind the leading score from last season and the 10k and 100k scores are not too far off - the interesting one is the 100th placed score as this is 34 points ahead of last season after 15 matches - I think the 50 point per week average should still be a good guide but obviously the extra transfers could work their magic later on.

This week everyone scored 40-something points, not true of course but our tracked positions did ....
Leader up 48
100th up 43
10k up 44
100k up 40

For those of you who haven't read all of this thread (if not, why not? :) ) then I should remind you that I am counting each full set of matches as a 'week' so it may vary from the TFF's week number, especially with the midweek fixtures coming up.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 16 - Salomon Rondon scores only the second-ever hat-trick of headers in Premier League history (Duncan Ferguson) as the Baggies move up to 7th :shock: Arsenal are the only team in the top 6 who don't win and Chelsea win their 10th consecutive game in the Premier League - hats off to them, their players, especially the defence, are all over the leaderboards.

The leading team is on 946 points, the exact score the leading team was on after week 16 last season.

Leader up 49
100th up 52
10k up 47
100k up 41

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 17 - (the second half of week 19 in TFF terms) - Ibrahimovic and Negredo both score twice, Vardy sees red, Saido Mane snatches a 94th minute winner in the Merseyside derby and Arsenal are up to their old tricks again throwing away a 1-0 lead to lose at the Etihad and save Pep's job.

The early leaders have seemingly faltered a bit this week with new names atop the leaderboard. The graph shows that 3 of the 4 positions are very close to last year at the same point but the 100th placed person continues to lead their 2015/16 counterpart by around 30 points, and there are around 1,200 players hitting the 50 points/week mark .... but what of the transfers?

Leader up 51
100th up 47
10k up 45
100k up 39

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 18 - as with last season, this included the Boxing Day fixtures. Spurs (at Southampton), West Ham (at Swansea) and Liverpool (home to Stoke) all win 4-1, Mike Dean starred in the Spurs game :roll: and the Welsh wizards ended their American experiment and sacked Bob Bradley. Chelsea won again and set a club record of 12 consecutive Premier league wins. Leicester's domestic season continued on a downward spiral as they lost at home to Everton and they are now only 3 points above the bottom 3.

A good week for the top of the table ....
Leader up 60
100th up 49
10k up 41
100k up 39

.... one day off now and then games for each of the following 6 days. This truly is the most wonderful time of the year :)

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 19 - Bad-boy Andre Gray scored a hat-trick as Burnley thrash Sunderland, The artist formerly known as Dele Alli scored twice again as Spurs won 4-1 for the second time in 5 days, Chelsea win for the 13th consecutive game (boring!) and Liverpool beat Man City (as usual) and Pep's team fall out of the top 4.

The games are coming thick & fast at the moment and we have the dubious delights of the F.A. Cup starting on Friday, all of which means that I predict the word 'rotation' will be trending in the FISO forums over the coming week.

Fairly low scores this week ....
Leader up 39
100th up 44
10k up 43
100k up 38

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 20 - Dele Alli scores twice for the 3rd consecutive game (in just 8 days!) as Spurs put a spanner in the works of the Chelsea juggernaut, hope at last for the chasing bunch. The 'usual' top 6 (sorry Leicester) are separated by just 10 points and are 9 points clear of Everton in 7th .... it's going to be a fight to the end.

In other news, Arsenal come from 3-0 down to get a draw at Bournemouth, Man City have another player sent off (I think Pep disagreed but apparently we have to ask the ref, or a journalist or something), Defoe scores 2 penalties in a 2-2 draw with Liverpool, Hull sack Phelan and Big Sam loses his first home game - to Swansea.

I've safely navigated the Christmas/New Year fixture pile-up now, I think, so it's business as usual until the end of January when we have mid-week fixtures. F.A. Cup 3rd round this weekend - that may slow us all down somewhat. The leading score this week was impressive as some hares drop away to be replaced by people with Dele Alli in their team :shock:

Leader up 64
100th up 43
10k up 42
100k up 40

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 21 - The 'magic' of the F.A. Cup third round (proper) seems to have escaped most of us, with most Premier League teams fielding weakened sides. Man City gave people a good start with a 5-0 win at West Ham with an almost full-strength side, Man United won 4-0 without 'The Zlatan' and Chelsea won 4-1 but with their main stars absent. John Terry did make a brief appearance but got sent off - not sure which games he will miss - but pretty sure we won't notice :)

Bad news for several Premier League teams - the following can now 'concentrate on the league' .... Everton, WBA, Stoke, B'mouth, WHU & Swansea. Five teams have replays which may give a chance for extra points .... maybe.

The 3rd round was a week later than last season but the effect on the progress of the mapped positions was the same - a noticeable downturn.

Leader up 23
100th up 17
10k up 17
100k up 18

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 22 - Arsenal (away at Swansea), Spurs (home to WBA) and notably Everton (home to Man City) all win 4-0; Kane got a hat-trick and Alonso scored twice and kept a clean sheet - big points around for lots of people this week - the top TFF team now has a handy lead of 64 points :shock: .... but how many transfers?
The 2 top-scoring goalkeepers and 7 top defenders are from Chelsea or Spurs .... Alexi Sanchez is overall top scorer, it's all going on in London!

Leader up 88 (eighty eight)
100th up 64
10k up 56
100k up 45

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 23 - Chelsea march imperiously on as Spurs draw at Man City, Arsenal score a 98th minute winner and Liverpool lose at home to Swansea .... it's a funny old game Saint. A special mention to Wayne 'Wazza' Rooney who became Man United's all-time top goal scorer with a late equaliser at Stoke, 250 goals in 546 games - begrudging admiration from the other side of the city.

It seems the front runners have all packed their teams with Chelsea defenders, Costa, Alli & Sanchez because they are running away from the field .... the team in 100k'th place is only one point different from last season at week 23, whereas the top team is c. 100 points above last year. Maybe next week's F.A. Cup games will slow things down a bit.

Leader up 68
100th up 62
10k up 54
100k up 45

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 24 - FA Cup 4th round weekend.
A few upsets here and there but with the current fashion being to field your 'B' team I guess they are no longer upsets as such. Liverpool lost at home to Wolves which means they have only won 1 of 8 games in January (Plymouth :shock: ) and entertain Chelsea next! Spurs won a humdinger at home to Wycombe Wanderers (4-3) with a last minute winner. There were easier passages for Arsenal, Chelsea and both Manchester clubs, but there are now only 8 Premier teams left in the cup and they will all be hoping for Sutton United or Lincoln City in tomorrow's 5th round draw. Time to dust off those saved transfers maybe for the next round.

As suspected the missing teams and rotated players meant low scoring across the board this week ....
Leader up 13
100th up 18
10k up 17
100k up 15

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 25 - all sorts of strangeness during this set of mid-week fixtures. Man City are the only team in the top 6 to win as Arsenal lose at home to Watford, Chelsea draw at Anfield, Man United draw at home to bottom club Hull and Spurs draw away at 2nd from bottom Sunderland .... 1 point now separates 2nd and 5th with Chelsea 9 points clear.

The scoring was also rather strange as each of our tracked positions registered pretty much the same score ....

Leader up 29
100th up 30
10k up 28
100k up 28

.... the 100th placed team has dropped below the 50 point/week average for the first time this season.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brencarr »

Week 26 - Sunderland score 4 at Palace (maybe PVA was confused...?), Lukaku scores 4 himself against hapless Bournemouth in a 6-3 win and Jesus saves City in the 92nd minute at home to much-improved Swansea .... as Aguero looks on from the bench - again :shock: In other news, Liverpool lose at Hull :shock: and Chelsea see off Arsenal and probably put paid to their slim title hopes as the blues remain 9 points clear at the top .... all over bar the shouting?

One more week then we have the FA Cup 5th round, there are only 7 or 8 Premier League teams playing but some of them have very promising ties .... get your transfers ready.

No great differences in this weeks scores, which are for the weekend matches only (not the TFF 'week')
Leader up 49
100th up 47
10k up 44
100k up 40

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”