To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Should we get excited about this guy?

A forum for discussion on International Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Should we get excited about this guy?

Post by Dennisthemenace »

Paul Gascoigne was the last footballer who I'd have paid to see irrespective of who he played for, but this guy looks like he has the world at his feet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41753629

And he's not even had his Prem debut yet! what?

Well done England Under-17 for once again showing that youth football in this country is top notch. Why it doesn't crossover to the seniors is one of the great football questions that needs answering.

Take a bow Rhian Brewster for your hat-trick versus Brazil today.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Should we get excited about this guy?

Post by murf »

Dennisthemenace wrote:Paul Gascoigne was the last footballer who I'd have paid to see irrespective of who he played for, but this guy looks like he has the world at his feet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41753629

And he's not even had his Prem debut yet! what?

Well done England Under-17 for once again showing that youth football in this country is top notch. Why it doesn't crossover to the seniors is one of the great football questions that needs answering.

Take a bow Rhian Brewster for your hat-trick versus Brazil today.
English golden boot at the U20 World Cup? Was at Chelsea but went to Liverpool because he had more chance of developing. (Solanke)

English golden boot at the U17 World Cup? Was at Chelsea but went to Liverpool because he had more chance of developing. (Brewster)

With Woodurn, Brewster and Wilson we have some really promising attacking British youth at Liverpool.

As for Brewster, 7 goals in the tournament including successive hat tricks in the QF and SF, well that surely must give him confidence ahead of the final.

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

Watched the game and to me the stand out player was Foden, could easily have swapped shirts with a Brazilian and you would not think it was not his right colours he was wearing. Fingers crossed Man City as they know what a talent they could have.
In my lifetime we have produced just 2 truly world class player, both sadly played for United and not for AFC they were Duncan Edwards and Paul Scholes, if today was his normal game we could yet have a third he was that good.
Yes the Pool lad was terrific just a shame for him that there was a player on the pitch who in my eyes out shone even his remarkable achievement, just could not believe was watching an English kid out doing Brazilians.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

mikeg13 wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 23:15 In my lifetime we have produced just 2 truly world class player, both sadly played for United and not for AFC they were Duncan Edwards and Paul Scholes,
You forgot Beattie :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

U17 World Cup Final live on BBC2 - 3.30pm kick off (unfortunate timing on an FF day!)

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Great that it's on telly. World Cup Final, superb!

C'mon England!

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

murf wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 11:08 U17 World Cup Final live on BBC2 - 3.30pm kick off (unfortunate timing on an FF day!)
I thought live football couldn't be shown at that time on a Saturday?

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Outstanding England.

5-2 winners after being 2 nil down.

Nowt wrong with Under 20's football in this country

Under 20 - World champs
Under 19 - Euro champs
Under 17 - World champs

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Internationals Football Talk & Events”