To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Euro 2016 - England strikers

A forum for discussion on International Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
buu1333
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Euro 2016 - England strikers

Post by buu1333 »

buu1333 wrote:
thebillfella wrote:
Edmondson wrote:England have played 4-3-3 recently, so we're looking for one central striker, and two wide guys.
Looked like a 4-1-4-1 against Germany to me, and similarly against Lithuania no? Very little between the two in all honesty given that both involve one central striker, which is essentially your point (and on that basis it has to be Kane right now).

The wide guys however need to be able to track back a little deeper - this might not act in Vardy's favour if that is Roy's intention (unless of course he falls into the age old England manager trap of fitting square pegs in round holes).
4-1-4-1 is about right . Game pes16 thinks the same in my club. But the 4 in middle are not a line it's like second striker is a bit wide (welbeck or vardy). 2 attacking midfielders and a centre midfielder. That is the 4. Then the one DM in front of the back four
Most bizarre formation ive seen in the game

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Re: RE: Re: Euro 2016 - England strikers

Post by thebillfella »

Red Eye wrote:I thought it worked quite well with Lallana on the opposite side to Welbeck and Vardy coming off the bench. Someone like Lallana naturally helps link up in midfield, where we are usually hopelessly outplayed, and I think he's well suited to International football as he actually has skill. Ideally I'd always like to see someone who can dribble if you are playing 4-3-3 but don't see that many options, especially with Sterling injured.

Clearly Kane is the spearhead now. I didn't think he did much in the game the other night but he took his goal superbly and that changed the game so you can't say fairer than that. Thought Alli was a revelation and has to be kept in so long as his form continues so don't see Rooney playing one of those two midfield roles either (pity we can't seem to find anyone better than Henderson though).

So at the moment Rooney probably wouldn't warrant a place in the side but a lot can change so its a bit of a moot argument whilst we're still in March. Of course this wasn't a debate being widely held a few weeks ago when Rooney was playing and actually scoring a few goals. Also don't think we should go overboard about the other night - heard SSN this morning describe it as 'heroics' :roll: Come on - the day that happens in a tournament I'll be impressed. Don't think the Germans are worried somehow...
Alli has been superb and certainly warrants a place in the starting XI on current form IMO - I only hope this is in the position he is playing in for spurs and not shoehorned in to one of the defensive mid spots.

As for Henderson replacements, I thought Drinkwater did a pretty good job the other night. Still think Carrick could do a better job and provide some experience in the squad, but it looks like roy is desperate to get Wilshere in there if recovered (regardless of whether he is back to full match fitness?) or failing that go with the youth and energy of Dier. With Delph also in favour when fit, poor Noble hasn't got a hope of getting a chance.
Last edited by thebillfella on 30 Mar 2016, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Re: Euro 2016 - England strikers

Post by Maldini »

And the sad thing is, Noble is ideal for that role.

And a far better footballer than Henderson.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Internationals Football Talk & Events”