To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Civil Action.

A forum for matters involving finance (incl. business and money issues) and shopping (incl. consumer rights).
Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Civil Action.

Post by Deppy »

Hi, Any legal eagles on here which may be able to help or advise?
Last week our dog was attacked and killed by another dog which was off lead. Dog Warden has done what they can which is muzzle & short leash when in public places as it was the 1st reported incident regarding this dog (We have since heard that the dog has been aggressive in the past but the people never reported it!). They are willing to pay the cremation costs according to the Warden. The thing is we feel that it isnt enough, it's not the money but the principle and we don't want a huge amount. We are thinking of going to a solicitor to see what can be done or me personally i said about writing our own letter and getting it looked at by Citizens Advice.
Maybe one of you have experienced this yourselves or know the legal system, any help appreciated.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Civil Action.

Post by murf »

No idea but my deepest sympathy.

If it had been my dog I would have resorted to VERY uncivil action.
Is insurance a possibilty. I know many policies coverfor your own costs so they may pay out re others (via other dog's insurance company IF covered).

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Re: Civil Action.

Post by wahine »

Im so sorry Deppy - I have been through something very similar, over here the attacking dog would get PTS owners fined quite a substantial amount, we dont have costs like in the USA but reparation would probably be awarded as well, I hope the owners have learned their lesson as dangerous dogs no matter what breed should never be kept by people as children are at risk by any dogs that is capable and predisposed to kill another dog also it hasnt been brought up very well and the owners are to blame but the dog pays with its own life.
Someone on here will surely be able to advise you. Hope So

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Financial & Shopping”