To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Decent Mobile phone deals?

A forum for matters involving finance (incl. business and money issues) and shopping (incl. consumer rights).
Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Decent Mobile phone deals?

Post by Tricky Tree »

Tricky Jnr has had a deal that has finally ended (2 year) so is in need of an upgrade.

he is after the Iphone 5 but I'm not paying £30+ a month and he simply does not need it, he's nearly 14.

I'd rather pay a max of £25 a month (2 year deal) and have something like a Samsung galaxy that seems popular at the moment

Uses a standard amount of minutes/texts and data so that is not an issue

Will pop to carphione Warehouse this week as last phone was with them so may get a better deal?

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/mobile- ... -s4-black/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not overly keen on all these multiple redemption ones as normally a ball ache

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: Decent Mobile phone deals?

Post by Vid »

Depends on who you're with of course but I've been with Orange for ages and have found that I always get a better deal by phoning them directly than I'd get online or in any shop.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Moto G is getting rave reviews (Mrs m just got it).

Not far off Galaxy/iPhone spec and only £130 ish rather than £400+.

Not sure on subscriptions.

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

This one?

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals/mo ... la_moto_g/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/wint ... =MCNLSale7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd get the HTC One myself ...

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Tricky Tree wrote:This one?

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals/mo ... la_moto_g/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's the one - or there is an 8GB version which is £30 cheaper - could get it for just £100 on Tesco Mobile PAYG

RamR
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RamR »

After several months with a Blackberry Z10 I am convinced that there is no better OS available. The ease of use and intuitive approach is unimaginable unless you have tried one for more than a few minutes or days. Of course, Blackberry has gone through some rough times and it's image has taken a huge hit so that might be an issue in the fragile world of a teenager. It used to be that the lack of apps were a problem as well (for those who things like instagram and candy crush are important). However, there was a new update to the operating system yesterday which improves the functionality and ease of access to Android apps to the point where you can get many if not most of the popular apps that were lacking before. With that news, the rock solid OS and the current price I don't think it can be beat... unless the image thing is too much of a problem. Of course some like the idea of being vanguards though, so the image thing might be another plus.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

RamR wrote:After several months with a Blackberry Z10 I am convinced that there is no better OS available. The ease of use and intuitive approach is unimaginable unless you have tried one for more than a few minutes or days. Of course, Blackberry has gone through some rough times and it's image has taken a huge hit so that might be an issue in the fragile world of a teenager. It used to be that the lack of apps were a problem as well (for those who things like instagram and candy crush are important). However, there was a new update to the operating system yesterday which improves the functionality and ease of access to Android apps to the point where you can get many if not most of the popular apps that were lacking before. With that news, the rock solid OS and the current price I don't think it can be beat... unless the image thing is too much of a problem. Of course some like the idea of being vanguards though, so the image thing might be another plus.

id rather use morse code or smoke signals rather than a eff tippy tappy blackbollock

Tim Bisley
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF MOTM - January 2012, TFF Tinkerman weekly winner, TFF MOTW - May 2013, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th

Post by Tim Bisley »

Seen an advertisement in the Metro this week. EE are doing the Samsung S4 for £18 per month with a £99 up front cost for the handset.
Sorry, don't have the tariff details but seemed a very good price.

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung ... ee-1808095" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems a dexcent deal from some comments (only glanced so far)

Tim Bisley
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF MOTM - January 2012, TFF Tinkerman weekly winner, TFF MOTW - May 2013, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th

Post by Tim Bisley »

That's the fella.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

How about a second hand phone and a sim only contract, more bang for your buck, especially if you combine with quidco or topcashback.

RamR
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RamR »

sleuth wrote:
RamR wrote:After several months with a Blackberry Z10 I am convinced that there is no better OS available. The ease of use and intuitive approach is unimaginable unless you have tried one for more than a few minutes or days. Of course, Blackberry has gone through some rough times and it's image has taken a huge hit so that might be an issue in the fragile world of a teenager. It used to be that the lack of apps were a problem as well (for those who things like instagram and candy crush are important). However, there was a new update to the operating system yesterday which improves the functionality and ease of access to Android apps to the point where you can get many if not most of the popular apps that were lacking before. With that news, the rock solid OS and the current price I don't think it can be beat... unless the image thing is too much of a problem. Of course some like the idea of being vanguards though, so the image thing might be another plus.

id rather use morse code or smoke signals rather than a eff tippy tappy blackbollock
I'm glad you're consistent and write absolute nonsense across the the entire forum. :P

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Financial & Shopping”