To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Golf breaks?

A forum for discussion on Travel, Holiday & Leisure subjects.
bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Golf breaks?

Post by bigsheff »

me & a few mates looking to do a golf break sometime later this year, somewhere in Europe, Spain or Portugal probably, anybody done anything like this before or can give me some advice on places to look or companies to book with etc?

Cheers.

barry
FISO Knight

Re: Golf breaks?

Post by barry »

holiday-apartment-south-east-spain-disc ... 83754.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRe ... untry.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My place is close to 4 good courses and is very reasonably priced (can do a deal)

Depends how many are staying?

Let me know and I can send a pack that shows courses etc (just for info...as to what is around that sort of area if it interests)

We have done golf holidays in france and can send some info if you like (used a golf tour company)

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Sorry my apartment only available in July/August now and you don't really want to play much golf in South Spain at that time of year due to the heat.

bigsheff - main areas you should focus your search on are Turkey, Southern Spain & Algarve which I think offer the best quality golf (listed in probable order of best value). There's also North France, South France and Belgium where I've enjoyed good golf but don't think they're quite as good as those main golfing areas. I've used golfbreaks.com and yourgolftravel.com before who've been fine. Can also let you know about golf deals near me in SE Spain when you have a firm idea of when you're going and what you want.

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

Thank you for your replies. Great stuff.

Does anybody have insight whether it's better booking golf & accommodation all-in as oppose to booking them separate?

Never thought of Turkey so will mention that also.

Pretty sure it'll be October time too as it ties in with a birthday (added sweetener for the other halves :D ). Bit vague this, so sorry, & will try having a proper check when I get some time but does anybody have any experience of the weather/sunset etc around that time in any of the destinations above as it'd be good to know.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Have used this company a number of times and booked golf and accommodation through them

http://www.golfbreaks.com

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

A feature in Today’s Golfer Magazine March issue (due out 1st week of Feb).

Continental Europe’s Best Value Destination was Murcia Spain.

The article Reads

“This was a major upset, underdogs Murica came out on top against all the odds, pipping strongly-fancied Belek (Turkey) by the narrowest of margins with last year’s winners the Algarve in third. Murcia lacks glitz and glamour of the Costa Del Sol, but this corner of Iberia promises and equally special golfing holiday-and for considerably less money.”

“You really do get value-for-money in this part of the golfing world.

Indeed Murcia is now giving the Costa Del Sol, which finished fifth, a good run for its money as a major golfing destination and it’s fair to say it has established itself as Spain’s fastest growing destination”.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I went to Tenerife a few years ago and the facilities and prices were excellent. The seniors open had just been at Costa Adeja (I think) and the course was beauitiful. The highlight was Amarilla (Shalalalalala) though with the scenic and challenging holes over the water.

Some of the courses had a lot of volcanic sand that I didn't enjoy. We stayed near golf-del-sur, near the airport so cheap and a stone's throw to los cristianos and playa :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Travel, Holidays & Leisure”