To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Nintendo Wii

A forum for discussions on Games such as Xbox, Playstation, Su Doku, Crosswords, Wordle, Quordle, Centordle & Board Games
FingerPass
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Pick Quick Champion 13/14 & 15/16, 5AS Europa League Champion (1. FC Köln) 17/18, 5AS H2H Champion (1. FC Köln) 18/19

Post by FingerPass »

Vannie wrote:for the 3rd time :wink:

WORKING THE BAG 21
Sorry Vannie, I've edited it in, you can edit it yourself if you wish btw, its easy to miss posts. :oops:

Now how bout a piccy. :)

Vannie
Dumbledore
FS Record: Mortal enemy of the PM system

Post by Vannie »

FingerPass wrote:
Vannie wrote:for the 3rd time :wink:

WORKING THE BAG 21
Sorry Vannie, I've edited it in, you can edit it yourself if you wish btw, its easy to miss posts. :oops:

Now how bout a piccy. :)
thanks FP :P. Will have a go at improving it tomorrow and see about a photo then :wink:

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Hey I finally beat one of the records...and it's one that can't be beaten...

Spin Control - 20 (and that's the max...) I have a photo if I knew how to upload it from my computer...

:(

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Baseball Batting practice - 27 - First time!

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

FingerPass wrote:
Chrisharry12345 wrote:
FingerPass wrote:Impressive golfing records, could I see some pics please Chris? :)

so all these great scores and mine are the only ones you wanna see proof of? lol i have took the pics already, but my usb ports on this crappy pc are dodgey as hell, on monday ill be getting my final new part of my new pc, so its probably easyer to do it when thats done on monday :)

the most impressive record on their is the one for the power throws i think :shock:
lol I didn't mean anything by it, its just the golf records are the ones that impress me the most, probably cos that and boxing are my worst sports - although thats probably cos I spend all my time bowling/tennis. :lol:

Hmm I guess it be best for all records to be vindicated via pictures? To prevent squabbling. :P

Records in italics are ones which have accompanying screenshots somewhere in this thread. :? Will take pics of my other records tomorrow.

Bowling
High Score: 288 - FingerPass
Picking Up Spares: 20 - FingerPass
Power throws: 746 - Pete Tabs
Spin Control: 20 - x-man

Tennis
Target Practice: 25 - FingerPass
Returning Balls: 61 - Brogie
Timing Your Swing: 37 - Brogie

Baseball
Hitting Home runs: 10 (1604M) - Chrisharry12345
Batting Practice: 27/30 - x-man
Swing Control: 58 - Brogie

Golf
Golf Target practice: 675 Padmole
Putting: 9 - Chrisharry12345
Hitting the Green: 24.0m - Chrisharry12345
9 holes: 9 under Par - Chrisharry12345

Boxing
Dodging: 65 - Son of AK
Throwing Punches: 48 - Brogie
Working the bag 21 - Vannie

Wii Fitness: 21 - Canary Yellow, Chrisharry12345 *(20 is the perfect score)*

new records added in bold :)

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Screenshot for Timing your Swing record

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Screenshot for Returning Balls record

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Screenshot for Swing Control record

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Screenshot for throwing punches record

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Screenshot for joint record in putting

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Latest update

Bowling
High Score: 288 - FingerPass
Picking Up Spares: 20 - FingerPass
Power throws: 746 - Pete Tabs
Spin Control: 20 - x-man

Tennis
Target Practice: 25 - FingerPass
Returning Balls: 61 - Brogie
Timing Your Swing: 37 - Brogie

Baseball
Hitting Home runs: 10 (1604M) - Chrisharry12345
Batting Practice: 27/30 - x-man
Swing Control: 58 - Brogie

Golf
Golf Target practice: 675 Padmole
Putting: 9 - Chrisharry12345 / Brogie
Hitting the Green: 24.0m - Chrisharry12345
9 holes: 9 under Par - Chrisharry12345

Boxing
Dodging: 65 - Son of AK
Throwing Punches: 48 - Brogie
Working the bag 21 - Vannie

Wii Fitness: 21 - Canary Yellow, Chrisharry12345 *(20 is the perfect score)*

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

the score that impresses me the most is the 9 under for 9 holes. ive only just managed to match xman's 5under and i thought i was doing well. the 8th in particular i dont know how anything better than par could be achieved

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

brogie wrote:the score that impresses me the most is the 9 under for 9 holes. ive only just managed to match xman's 5under and i thought i was doing well. the 8th in particular i dont know how anything better than par could be achieved
I think i got a hole in one on one hole and an eagal on another, then parred two holes if my memory serves me correct :)

the record on wii records is -12 :?

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

brogie wrote:the score that impresses me the most is the 9 under for 9 holes. ive only just managed to match xman's 5under and i thought i was doing well. the 8th in particular i dont know how anything better than par could be achieved
But for some of the records it's just a fluke and when you try it again it never works out. It was the first time I went on the baseball hits game when I hit 27. I thought it was soooo easy. Next 10 times I didn't get past 18!

Similarly with the golf. My 5 under was the first time I played 9 holes (although I had played the first 6 a number of times). I haven't really gone back to it... :?

padmole
Dumbledore
FS Record: Various bits on footy / cricket and golf

depressed

Post by padmole »

Have equalled the 9 for putting and got down to 27.2m for the chipping (8m on last shot!)
HOWEVER - wife scored 275 on bowling which has gutted me!

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

I am too weak. I couldn't stand all this talk about PBs etc etc - and I was told by Currys that they don't expect stock in for 3-4 months :shock: which I think is balls, but you never know. John Lewis had 2 in today with DVD cleaning kit, screen cleaning kit and a load of other rubbish you would never, ever buy when buying a console - but before I could make my mind up, they were gone. :shock:

However, Game had a couple of different bundles in, one of which came with Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged (can play others online :)) and WarioWare: Smooth Moves - all of which get rave reviews on the various websites. So I ordered it, together with an extra Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller so I can beat my wife at tennis... sorted - but I really hope that whoever is responsible for selling only these bundles gets what is coming to them! :x

See you on the leaderboards any day soon! :wink:

Edit: out of interest, did any Wii owners out there actually manage to buy just the base console without being bundled? I notice the list price is £179.99, but the current asking price of unbundled consoles, which are not actually available, is around £234.00

Vannie
Dumbledore

Post by Vannie »

Jonathan wrote:I am too weak. I couldn't stand all this talk about PBs etc etc - and I was told by Currys that they don't expect stock in for 3-4 months :shock: which I think is balls, but you never know. John Lewis had 2 in today with DVD cleaning kit, screen cleaning kit and a load of other rubbish you would never, ever buy when buying a console - but before I could make my mind up, they were gone. :shock:

However, Game had a couple of different bundles in, one of which came with Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged (can play others online :)) and WarioWare: Smooth Moves - all of which get rave reviews on the various websites. So I ordered it, together with an extra Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller so I can beat my wife at tennis... sorted - but I really hope that whoever is responsible for selling only these bundles gets what is coming to them! :x

See you on the leaderboards any day soon! :wink:

Edit: out of interest, did any Wii owners out there actually manage to buy just the base console without being bundled? I notice the list price is £179.99, but the current asking price of unbundled consoles, which are not actually available, is around £234.00
I bought one with the mandatory choice of some aberration called 'Super Monkey Ball' but it was only I think £200.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Looking on the positive, I would need games anyway, but I wouldn't have bought this bundle had the reviews on the game been poor - these 3 seem to be well liked - but most others I have seen are games or accessories I would just never use... anyway, done now. Let the games begin!

Looking forward to getting hold of the PDC darts game, and Mario Galaxy too.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Jonathan wrote:Edit: out of interest, did any Wii owners out there actually manage to buy just the base console without being bundled? I notice the list price is £179.99, but the current asking price of unbundled consoles, which are not actually available, is around £234.00
Just before Xmas, the local WH Smith had a supply of about 30 or so in unbundled for an ex-VAT (I'm in Jersey) price of £152.99. Was tempted to buy 3 but resisted the temptation and therefore avoided a lynching from those behind me in the queue.

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Jonathan wrote:
I bought mine back in september for 179.99 and got tiger woods 08 with that

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

brogie wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
I bought mine back in september for 179.99 and got tiger woods 08 with that
Not necessarily what I wanted to hear! :lol: It is all coming out of my Christmas bonus from work anyway - just another £400 to spend! 8-)

I would imagine we are not too far away from a Wii2 coming out - but I could hang on forever and a day I suppose. :?

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot
FS Record: The superstar of FISO

Post by Yer Old Da »

Still stuck on bloody 99 at Wii bowling. :evil: In fact, my last game last night was a shocker - only managed a 58. :oops:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Yer Old Da wrote:Still stuck on bloody 99 at Wii bowling. :evil: In fact, my last game last night was a shocker - only managed a 58. :oops:
:lol:

even my nan got over 100 on her 1st go, and she was 80 last friday

she got 127 to be exact

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:Still stuck on bloody 99 at Wii bowling. :evil: In fact, my last game last night was a shocker - only managed a 58. :oops:

she got 127 to be exact
Beware of the rinser... :wink: I would be very surprised if YODa wasn't perfectly competent at the Wii...

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

X-Man wrote:
Chrisharry12345 wrote:

she got 127 to be exact
Beware of the rinser... :wink: I would be very surprised if YODa wasn't perfectly competent at the Wii...
:?:

I'm brilliant at the tennis and all the other games, but this bowling is seriously hard. Maybe I'm not doing something right? Are you meant to hold the Wii controller at an angle as you throw the ball? (probably not given the scores I'm getting :? )

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Yer Old Da wrote:I'm brilliant at the tennis and all the other games, but this bowling is seriously hard. Maybe I'm not doing something right? Are you meant to hold the Wii controller at an angle as you throw the ball? (probably not given the scores I'm getting :? )
You're not playing it like lawn bowls, are you YoD? :wink: Having watched some video clips of it, you need to time when you let go of the button - is that critical? Same as in real life - if you let go late and the ball goes upwards first... perhaps?

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

Jonathan wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:I'm brilliant at the tennis and all the other games, but this bowling is seriously hard. Maybe I'm not doing something right? Are you meant to hold the Wii controller at an angle as you throw the ball? (probably not given the scores I'm getting :? )
You're not playing it like lawn bowls, are you YoD? :wink: Having watched some video clips of it, you need to time when you let go of the button - is that critical? Same as in real life - if you let go late and the ball goes upwards first... perhaps?
I'm actually quite brilliant at letting the ball go, it's the gutter that I can't avoid. It always spins away wildly into the gutter. :(

Vannie
Dumbledore

Post by Vannie »

has anyone else achieved the reverse strike (backwards / through the legs, need to be careful where the wii-mote ends up :? ) ? Did it first time of asking on Boxing Day 8-) after a skinful, obviously refused all calls to attempt it again

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

Vannie wrote:has anyone else achieved the reverse strike (backwards / through the legs, need to be careful where the wii-mote ends up :? ) ? Did it first time of asking on Boxing Day 8-) after a skinful, obviously refused all calls to attempt it again
FFS, one thing at a time. I don't need to hear about this. :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Games incl. Video Games”