To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which console?

A forum for discussions on Games such as Xbox, Playstation, Su Doku, Crosswords, Wordle, Quordle, Centordle & Board Games
bspittles
Dumbledore

Which console?

Post by bspittles »

Any comments about which console would be best for kids games (kids in this case is 4 - 6 year olds)?

I'm getting one for my birthday but would prefer it to be a family device. We already have a Wii, so I'm thinking PS or Xbox.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Re: Which console?

Post by Maldini »

Wii U.

Think they've gone down a lot in price and Nintendo games are always more family orientated.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Kinect for Xbox might be a laugh if you have a big enough room.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Maldini wrote:Wii U.

Think they've gone down a lot in price and Nintendo games are always more family orientated.
Sorry, I meant we already have the Wii U. If that's the best, then that's not a problem.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

DrBunker wrote:Kinect for Xbox might be a laugh if you have a big enough room.
Unfortunately, our little one suffers from joint problems, but thanks for the idea :-)

buu1333
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buu1333 »

Don't you end up getting any ? There is no best just preference. All though nintendo are more child like but fun enough for grown up of any age too. Most people get both playstaion/ xbox and the nitendo console .

The MII were based off kokeshi dolls which gives an idea about were they were going with their console and games

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3KIX_kvKHyM

https://furugistarjapan.wordpress.com/2 ... etty-face/

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I've fed back all the comments on here, just waiting for my birthday in a few weeks to see which I get :-)

Wherever I've asked, there doesn't seem to be a stand out favourite, so it will probably be whichever has the best offer on the day.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I now have an Xbox One :-)

I've had a quick spin on Forza 6 but now I'm getting stuck into Diablo 3. Fab graphics, disappointing gameplay (so far).

LuckyManThe2nd

Post by LuckyManThe2nd »

PS for sure in Europe, and XBOX for America

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Ditched the Xbox, got a switch. Loved by all the family :-)

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Just bought a Nintendo Switch. Any recommendations for games, in particular relatively accessible couch coop games to pursuade the wife to play?

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

We've enjoyed Forza car racing, and the other members of the family like Animal Jam and Go Vacation.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Did anyone get a PS5 today? I've never been a console owner, always a PC gamer apart from a short term experiment with the original XBOX (bought solely for Halo at the time) but I can well imagine that a brand new PS5 would make lockdown easier for many.

Is there any point to the one with an optical drive? I honestly don't remember the last time I used optical media on my PC, game wise I haven't bought a physical copy for probably 10 years!

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

eastcentral1 wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 16:02 Just bought a Nintendo Switch. Any recommendations for games, in particular relatively accessible couch coop games to pursuade the wife to play?
Mario Party is great fun, as is Mario Kart 8.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Mav3rick wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 21:59 Did anyone get a PS5 today? I've never been a console owner, always a PC gamer apart from a short term experiment with the original XBOX (bought solely for Halo at the time) but I can well imagine that a brand new PS5 would make lockdown easier for many.

Is there any point to the one with an optical drive? I honestly don't remember the last time I used optical media on my PC, game wise I haven't bought a physical copy for probably 10 years!
Managed to get my son a PS5 - went for the digital edition as he just downloads all his games
Was very lucky - got in before they added the queuing system to the game site , all the standalone PS5s had already gone but got a bundle - PS5 digital edition plus media remote. Added £20 to it - ain’t sure what the remote does
My son likes the Consoles for the story mode games ie red dead redemption etc and prefers PC gaming for
the multiplayer online games , COD, Overwatch etc

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I guess the advantage of the optical drive is you can buy cheaper games. Digital downloads are expensive. I just paid £59.99 for Zelda!

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

bspittles wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 16:10 We've enjoyed Forza car racing, and the other members of the family like Animal Jam and Go Vacation.
thanks. don't think i'll get the other half to play forza! will check out the others.
get_on_my_cocker wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 23:06
eastcentral1 wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 16:02 Just bought a Nintendo Switch. Any recommendations for games, in particular relatively accessible couch coop games to pursuade the wife to play?
Mario Party is great fun, as is Mario Kart 8.
thanks. i've picked up mario kart already. will check out mario party.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

ffstuff wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 15:55
Mav3rick wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 21:59 Did anyone get a PS5 today? I've never been a console owner, always a PC gamer apart from a short term experiment with the original XBOX (bought solely for Halo at the time) but I can well imagine that a brand new PS5 would make lockdown easier for many.

Managed to get my son a PS5 - went for the digital edition as he just downloads all his games
Was very lucky - got in before they added the queuing system to the game site , all the standalone PS5s had already gone but got a bundle - PS5 digital edition plus media remote. Added £20 to it - ain’t sure what the remote does
My son likes the Consoles for the story mode games ie red dead redemption etc and prefers PC gaming for
That's good going, I almost think the stock shortages were planned to hype things up but I do think with lockdown, etc that a lot of people were dying to get their hands on the console asap. PC gaming has got quite expensive again with graphics cards shortages driving up prices again, not sure if that's also lockdown related or just general covid related production issues.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

eastcentral1 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 15:58 I guess the advantage of the optical drive is you can buy cheaper games. Digital downloads are expensive. I just paid £59.99 for Zelda!
Yeah that's true, you do get decent giveways from the likes of the Epic game store though, they gave away some good titles during the first lockdown. Luckily I'm not buying for other people so I can generally wait until a game has a decent offer on before I buy. Titles like Starwars Jedi fallen order were around £50 at release but quickly dropped (or at least there were sales) to around £25 and can now be had for ~£15.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Mav3rick wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 17:38
ffstuff wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 15:55

That's good going, I almost think the stock shortages were planned to hype things up but I do think with lockdown, etc that a lot of people were dying to get their hands on the console asap. PC gaming has got quite expensive again with graphics cards shortages driving up prices again, not sure if that's also lockdown related or just general covid related production issues.
I know when I got mine , the graphics card cost around £800 😂 expensive stuff and that was 3 years ago now but at the same time blew the PS4 out of the water on the games I mentioned above
My son said it felt like cheating when he first played fortnite on the PC after playing it on PS4 for ages. No doubt I’ll have to update mine at some point .
I’m pretty sure he said most serious gamers on YouTube use gaming PCs rather than playstations / unsure if that will change at all now the PS5 is here

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Mav3rick wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 17:40
eastcentral1 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 15:58 I guess the advantage of the optical drive is you can buy cheaper games. Digital downloads are expensive. I just paid £59.99 for Zelda!
Yeah that's true, you do get decent giveways from the likes of the Epic game store though, they gave away some good titles during the first lockdown. Luckily I'm not buying for other people so I can generally wait until a game has a decent offer on before I buy. Titles like Starwars Jedi fallen order were around £50 at release but quickly dropped (or at least there were sales) to around £25 and can now be had for ~£15.
Yeah i don't play that often, or care about new releases, so i'm all for buying on sale (son and i just bought FIFA 20 from GAME for £4.95!(+same delivery). But many of the 'console-selling' titles never go on sale. I couldn't believe the price of Zelda seeing as it came out almost 3 years ago. Anyway, looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Games incl. Video Games”