To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Championship Manager memories

A forum for discussions on Games such as Xbox, Playstation, Su Doku, Crosswords, Wordle, Quordle, Centordle & Board Games
moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Championship Manager memories

Post by moonlightdribbler »

Gowanyalanger wrote:
hornet wrote:Going further back does anyone remember Football Manager on the speccy?
Football Manager on Spectrum was amazing. Those graphics and the sound effects!

I spent most of my teenage years playing Multi-Player Soccer Manager and Emlyn Hughes International Soccer. Happy days.
Zimmerman wrote:I think i progressed on to Football Director (also on the spectrum)

The management game that had me when I was younger was Soccer Boss, also on the Spectrum. Definitely a forerunner to the CM series.

Another footy game I loved on the Spectrum was Footballer Of The Year.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

MDrec wrote:Maxim Tsigalko on 01/02. Legend.
Belarussian wasn't me? Think he banged in a hatful for me.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Anyone remember Maxim Tsigalko from CM 01/02?
I recently started a new game with PSG and I had forgotten how ridiculous good he was, bought him for 2M€ and scored 46 goals in 38 games :lol:

hornet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hornet »

moonlightdribbler wrote:
Gowanyalanger wrote:
hornet wrote:Going further back does anyone remember Football Manager on the speccy?
Football Manager on Spectrum was amazing. Those graphics and the sound effects!

I spent most of my teenage years playing Multi-Player Soccer Manager and Emlyn Hughes International Soccer. Happy days.
Zimmerman wrote:I think i progressed on to Football Director (also on the spectrum)

The management game that had me when I was younger was Soccer Boss, also on the Spectrum. Definitely a forerunner to the CM series.

Another footy game I loved on the Spectrum was Footballer Of The Year.
I remember Emlyn Hughes Soccer and Footballer of the Year! Good times.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Zimmerman wrote:I also remember a game where you combined the computer with playing cards (players and their ratings on them) c1986? Im thinking that as i seem to have memories of Nico Claesen (sp) and also loving the Danish Hummels kit. Not sure the two memories are linked (only in terms of time)
Brian Clough's Football Fortunes?

pencilneck
Cheetah

Post by pencilneck »

Many happy lazy nights playing footy manager games. I was late getting to Championship Manager, but I somehow got a copy which was the German version for some reason I cant remember. Won everything with Hertha Berlin. Funny how those names bring memories back when one of our clubs draws a German club.

Fondest memories would be Atari ST Anco Player Manager. I had a striker called Armstrong who was a demon. I would sit in front of the defence sweeping up and putting killer passes into Armstrong who would score more often than not. Appy Days.

Worst footy game ever by the way was Peter Beardsleys International Soccer.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

Came across an article on Football/Championship Manager, with people sharing their worst moments whilst playing the game.

May bring back some (bad) memories for the CM nerds (and I count myself as one). I've already had flashbacks to the time my 'mate' at school came round and deleted my 20+ year career managing Wigan Athletic, just so he could edit the match commentary. The commentary turned out to be rubbish, and I'm still not 100% over not being able to take Wigan to yet another European Cup.

http://thesetpieces.com/features/lowest-ebb/

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Have very good memories of disk swapping CM 93/94 on my Amiga 500. Played many many seasons as Cardiff City manager and still can imagine the blue and white flashing goal message.

My best player (whilst winning the European Cup with Cardiff) was a presumably generated player called jean-luc jassica. A French international and top quality striker :)

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

I remember signing Messi for Nuneaton Borough lol. A lot of quitting during that campaign but I was only young at the time :)

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

My oldest memory was when I was in Primary school my headmaster used to let me play his football manager game at lunch time if it was raining. We had some sort of console in our class and he would come and load it up for me! Couldn't tell you which one though.

My most addicted stage was beta testing football manager live where you had to play your opponents when they came online. I was on that ALL the time. I used to sit in the bedroom with a sheet attached to the shelve infront of me over my head so my GF could sleep haha desperate times..

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Games incl. Video Games”