To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Minecraft for the PC

A forum for discussions on Games such as Xbox, Playstation, Su Doku, Crosswords, Wordle, Quordle, Centordle & Board Games
Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15 seasons inc 2 sub 5k and 2 sub 70k finishes. Must try harder

Minecraft for the PC

Post by Elvis77 »

Hi there I could do with some help please as I am going off my head with frustration. My 7 yr old son wants me to download minecraft onto his lap top. I am trying to get the paid version on Minecraft.net yet I cannot work out how to buy a credit then download the game. Here's the issue which I encounter each time I try.
1. Click on 'get minecraft for PC' from homepage- done it.
2. It asks me to set up a Mojang account - done it.

The next stage should be 'buy or redeem a credit' but it does not show me where to go to process a payment for buying a credit. So I then wander about the site and the only thing I can see is again the 'get minecraft' tab. The cycle happens again, it asks me to create Mojang account or log in but I am already logged in?!?!

Please help, my son thinks I'm useless, maybe I am!

It can't be that difficult, can it?

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Re: Minecraft for the PC

Post by Shaggy365 »

If you can wait until later this afternoon, I'll get Jnr to get in touch. He runs his own servers, written his own mods, generally hacked into things and pinched bits that he likes from other scenarios.

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Elvis77 »

Shaggy365 wrote:If you can wait until later this afternoon, I'll get Jnr to get in touch. He runs his own servers, written his own mods, generally hacked into things and pinched bits that he likes from other scenarios.
Thanks mate, tell junior to spell it out to me in lamens terms lol

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

Elvis77 wrote:Hi there I could do with some help please as I am going off my head with frustration. My 7 yr old son wants me to download minecraft onto his lap top. I am trying to get the paid version on Minecraft.net yet I cannot work out how to buy a credit then download the game. Here's the issue which I encounter each time I try.
1. Click on 'get minecraft for PC' from homepage- done it.
2. It asks me to set up a Mojang account - done it.

The next stage should be 'buy or redeem a credit' but it does not show me where to go to process a payment for buying a credit. So I then wander about the site and the only thing I can see is again the 'get minecraft' tab. The cycle happens again, it asks me to create Mojang account or log in but I am already logged in?!?!

Please help, my son thinks I'm useless, maybe I am!

It can't be that difficult, can it?
I recently got Minecraft for my 7-year-old, and I think encountered exactly the same problem. A bit of googling sorted it, I think I had to delete the Minecraft folder from Appdata, I'll have a fossick around if I get a bit of time today and check. I think I just googled the message that I got and that led me to it. Strange that it's so tricky to get started on it, given what a popular game it is... :?

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

Looking at it again, you haven't even got as far as downloading, have you? Did you get the confirmation email from Mojang and follow the link on it? Does it say that you're logged in on the site, at the top right?

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Elvis77 »

fancy dan wrote:Looking at it again, you haven't even got as far as downloading, have you? Did you get the confirmation email from Mojang and follow the link on it? Does it say that you're logged in on the site, at the top right?
Confirmed, verified and secured my login details. Next step should be buy or redeem credit and that's where it not clear and I get lost! Yip I am logged in already at this point!

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan

Post by fancy dan »

So what do you get if you go to https://minecraft.net/store/minecraft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Elvis77 »

fancy dan wrote:So what do you get if you go to https://minecraft.net/store/minecraft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
That is where I have been having the issues. I have an account, I then log in and it takes me to the homepage where I click on 'get minecraft'(for pc's) then it takes me to the registration page and asks me to log in or register even though I am already logged in!

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Elvis77 wrote:
fancy dan wrote:So what do you get if you go to https://minecraft.net/store/minecraft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
That is where I have been having the issues. I have an account, I then log in and it takes me to the homepage where I click on 'get minecraft'(for pc's) then it takes me to the registration page and asks me to log in or register even though I am already logged in!

Do you have an adblocker or cookie blocker running that could be affection the log in process?

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan

Post by fancy dan »

Surprised wrote:
Elvis77 wrote:

Do you have an adblocker or cookie blocker running that could be affection the log in process?
Good questions, also browser type and version - have you tried in a different browser?

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Elvis77 »

Thanks folks for your input. No idea what the problem was but I ended up buying the gift code on my own laptop which worked no problem. I then redeemed it and downloaded it on my sons laptop. Job done. Thanks

McGrath!
FISOhead

Post by McGrath! »

Enjoy the game, learning it can be a great experience to share with your child

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan

Post by fancy dan »

Just watch out for when he starts asking for mods, I spent a couple of hours last night trying (and failing) to install one!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Games incl. Video Games”