To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New FREE Book App "Author Matic" now on iphone!

A forum for discussion on the 'finer' things in life.
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Re: New Book App by happyhoppy!

Post by admin »

happyhoppy wrote:I am on twitter (@hoppyappz) and I follow him as do 6m others, I tried but absolutely zero chance of retweet or even getting my tweet seen as is the case with many authors who follow me but ignore my tweets, bizarre (they followed me first)!
The authors have only followed you to promote/advertise themselves to you (and anyone reading your list of followers). Likewise if you could follow lots of twitter accounts of people that are avid book readers then you'd be promoting your app to the people that matter to you.

Have sent a link to the app to Mrs Admin (keen kindle and android phone user).

WilBert
Dumbledore

Re: New Book App "Author Matic" now on iphone!

Post by WilBert »

happyhoppy wrote:The free version is now available for all you tightwads, would appreciate downloads as this helps ranking as do 5* reviews but I won't push my luck.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/author- ... ?ls=1&mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This tightwad has downloaded. Looks good bud well done, I'll add a review in the next few days. Couple of thoughts.....

Could you link it with catalogues in apps such as aldiko/iBooks/calibre to scan your current library to produce your list?

Could it be linked to similar authors/you might also like type recommendations?

Could it upload your own ratings for books to map what others like and dislike and become a hub for recommended reads.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

admin wrote:
happyhoppy wrote:I am on twitter (@hoppyappz) and I follow him as do 6m others, I tried but absolutely zero chance of retweet or even getting my tweet seen as is the case with many authors who follow me but ignore my tweets, bizarre (they followed me first)!
The authors have only followed you to promote/advertise themselves to you (and anyone reading your list of followers). Likewise if you could follow lots of twitter accounts of people that are avid book readers then you'd be promoting your app to the people that matter to you.

Have sent a link to the app to Mrs Admin (keen kindle and android phone user).
True, you have a list?! Thanks for passing to Mrs Admin.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

WilBert wrote:
happyhoppy wrote:The free version is now available for all you tightwads, would appreciate downloads as this helps ranking as do 5* reviews but I won't push my luck.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/author- ... ?ls=1&mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This tightwad has downloaded. Looks good bud well done, I'll add a review in the next few days. Couple of thoughts..... Thanks

Could you link it with catalogues in apps such as aldiko/iBooks/calibre to scan your current library to produce your list? No more money for development sadly

Could it be linked to similar authors/you might also like type recommendations?

Could it upload your own ratings for books to map what others like and dislike and become a hub for recommended reads.

There are already book apps like goodreads that do this but they don't do what mine does. My main idea was just the notification of new books for authors and from there I added the library idea.
The only changes coming up are to improve the accuracy of notifications (amazon frequently list old books as new books! and restricting the notifications to the format of book you read eg e book).

Mike_
Dumbledore
FS Record: One half of Double Up And Deal *shades*

Post by Mike_ »

I've registered but not filled in my email address

How do I go back and add it in ?

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Mike_ wrote:I've registered but not filled in my email address

How do I go back and add it in ?
I will forward this on to the developer, the easiest solution is to re register but with a different username. This is a bit annoying actually as Apple insisted that we had to provide users with the option of NOT providing an email address even though functionality requires it (kindle) so as this was a late change to the app it didn't go through the same testing and what/if scenarios.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

happyhoppy wrote: Thanks for passing to Mrs Admin.
She'd like to know how she removes an author from her list? Think she added an author in error. Otherwise she seems very happy with the app.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

admin wrote:
happyhoppy wrote: Thanks for passing to Mrs Admin.
She'd like to know how she removes an author from her list? Think she added an author in error. Otherwise she seems very happy with the app.
Just swipe left or right on the author and that will bring up a dialog box to confirm deletion.

Take a look at the FAQs (can be accessed by pressing the "?" in the app or below is the URL) as there are a few things that she might not be aware of especially on the libraries.

http://hoppyappz.co.uk/faq.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike_
Dumbledore

Re: New FREE Book App "Author Matic" now on iphone!

Post by Mike_ »

Hi Hoppy - just bought the app :D

I loaded on some authors yesterday , I've 7 notifications today . What's all that about ?

Can I just be notified on ebooks ? It is 2014 after all :D

If you are coming up for the ManCity Southampton game let me know and I'll give you a wave :P

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Cheers. Sadly the app hasn't taken off. The developer is no longer interested in doing any more work, notifications limited to e books or whatever the user reads was something they agreed to do but haven't. If there are too many notifications you can turn it off on your phone settings and periodically review the list within the app.

I use it all the time and I've had some good feedback but sadly it isn't generating any cash. :(

Was planning on coming up to MC but not now it's a lunch time TV game. Sure we will donate 3 pts to your cause.

Mike_
Dumbledore

Post by Mike_ »

Shame it's not taken off

Maybe me bumping it will save it :P

On a unrelated note, I see lee child has a new Reacher book out shortly. I swore I wouldn't read another but I guess I'll buy it out of habit

I think the books are getting progressively worse and I wouldn't recommend the last six or so and I thought the last one was terrible but whatever I guess I'm curious as to what he does with reacher

Anyway would you just order it now and forget about it or wait till nearer release. How does the price behave ? Do anyone know/care ?

If all that's too dull did you know lee child used to be a Aston villa fan :? :D

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

The last six seasons got progressively worse and the last was terrible?

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Yep the last was terrible (as were the previous quite a few). I would wait until it's been out a while preferably on paperback. Pressure on authors to churn out books every 5 mins to meet publisher demands so quality suffers inevitably. Simon Kernick latest offerings also poor so he is not alone.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Arts, Literature & Cultural Events”