To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Post COVID...

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post COVID...

Post by blahblah »

What do we think the world and\(d)UK will be like?

Economy
Hopefully more working from home, but Centrica(?) have decided\realised that they don't need a few layers of middle management....

Politically
I sense the rest of the Electorate are moving to my view that the Ruling Class are shite, and the whole BLM and statues thing will only make this worse...

Brexit
Surely this has to wait given how badly (i.e. worst on the world) it has hit our Economy?

Any other major consequences etc? 1p on the £ to fund a pay rise for Nurses?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Post COVID...

Post by blahblah »

It also could be the end of the High St as internet\Amazon\EBay businesses could well have been hardly hit by Lockdown?

I guess there will be the queues for Primark etc on tv on Monday?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

There were stupid queues at Ikea on TV and I have seen them at B&Q etc so why not Promark?

And surely Wethers*****s when it opens.

Lots of people have found more ways and places to shop online so the demise of the High St will have sped up, despite the brain dead who queue up for hours. Shops will live on but in lesser number and with a smaller, still dedicated fanbase. I'll certainly still shop but I'm not rushing into virus laden queues.

Also online supermarket deliveries and couriers etc have upped their game whereas olde school places with luddite management like the Post Office will have gone backwards.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

B&Q may have played the Nursery card?

Post Office, well Royal Mail, have done well from my "waiting for a delivery" staring out of Windows as have other couriers....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:B&Q may have played the Nursery card?

Post Office, well Royal Mail, have done well from my "waiting for a delivery" staring out of Windows as have other couriers....
Whilst couriers ramped up a gear, got stupidly busy and took on more drivers/custom the Post Office just moaned about staff shortages and scrapped saturday deliveries. How many companies changed allegiance?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not a clue, are they still Nationalised? I guess not, but is Camp former FA bod still in charge?

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

post Covid I'm going to have to start wearing trousers again.
sat on a zoom call with a shirt and shorts on. not worn long trousers for 3 months now!

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

I'm going to start taking my slippers to the office.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 09:22 post Covid I'm going to have to start wearing trousers again.
sat on a zoom call with a shirt and shorts on. not worn long trousers for 3 months now!
I was a bit puzzled before reading shorts 😂

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

blahblah wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 09:28
unc.si. wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 09:22 post Covid I'm going to have to start wearing trousers again.
I was a bit puzzled before reading shorts 😂
just got to remember not to stand up.

mind you, both translators have got crap internet connection so suspect the call might not last much longer :-)

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Have just discovered how to take a photo of me from my webcam and use that as a photo on zoom when I pause the video, so its not so obvious when I turn the video off and do something else :-)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote:Have just discovered how to take a photo of me from my webcam and use that as a photo on zoom when I pause the video, so its not so obvious when I turn the video off and do something else :-)
What happens when they notice you aren't moving, start asking "unc, are you dead?" and you still don't respond?

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Well I have to stay in the room, but its quite handy when someone's presenting and I don't really need to listen (like now - one of my colleagues is giving a presentation in Vietnamese on genetics, so to be honest I can't add a lot)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

When you go back live just remember to hide the tissues.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

murf wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 08:50 When you go back live just remember to hide the tissues.
Yes, presentations in Vietnamese on genetics can get rather emotional at times.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “COVID-19”