To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Dominic Cummings - Should he stay or should he go?

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Dominic Cummings - Stay or Go?

Post by bluenosey »

hancockjr wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:24
bluenosey wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:21
hancockjr wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:08
Don't get me wrong, London is well down from the peak. MAssively. But that article is not "honest journalism", it's picking and choosing stats to fit an agenda.
All newspapers do that, from the tabloids to the broadsheets.

I think it's safe to say that, at the moment, the rate is falling in parts of the country that were hit hardest first (London/the Midlands)

More or less everywhere is going through a similar cycle. The virus is "having it's fling"

Whether it comes back or not in second and third waves and whether you can get it again, are questions for the boffins.
And all should be called out for it, even if it is one's favourite paper. 15 wrongs (assuming 15 papers) don't make a right. They make 15 wrongs.
Agreed but they all put a slant on things.

I've woken up this morning thinking Dominic Cummings has killed someone, such has been the "outrage" plastered across the papers and on the radio. He may well have done wrong but undoubtedly, certain sections of the press have an agenda against him.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: COVID - 19

Post by murf »

Re Cummings, he said that he went to his parents so they could help look after his child but it was OK as they were in a separate building to his parents. All well and good Dominic but...... how do you share looking after a kid without it shuttling between 2 locked down buildings potentially spreading the virus????

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

murf wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:43 Re Cummings, he said that he went to his parents so they could help look after his child but it was OK as they were in a separate building to his parents. All well and good Dominic but...... how do you share looking after a kid without it shuttling between 2 locked down buildings potentially spreading the virus????
He should have known better. At the end of the day he's probably got a shedload of Guardianista tracking his every move so should know he's public enemy number one in their eyes. On the other hand, if he thinks he's above the law and he's too arrogant to respect the law - we've all had to - then he should resign or be fired and I've no symptahy.

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

Ironic that the man who controlled the people versus 'the elite' agenda of Brexit believes he doesn't have to follow the rules he helped to put in place for the little people.

His position should be untenable but we're living in a Kakistocracy now so I suspect he'll be fine.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Cummings: He's being treated like all the other people who "set" the rules and have not complied - he's no longer fit for office. There may be an agenda against him but he's totally in the wrong and should resign/be sacked.

Smoking: It's not actually COIVD-19 that kills you, it's the body's immuno response to it and how that leaves it: COVID-19 infects the lungs, the body's response kills it but by destroying the very things that normally protect it. Pneumonia/infection then kills the patient. Bit like "saving" a city in a war by razing it to the ground, thus allowing another enemy to walk in (or citizen to die of disease etc). Seems to be the theory that COVID can't penetrate lungs of smokers so easily, hence the immuno response isn't needed so often.

Interesting that Sweden now has the highest per capita death rate in the world despite lots of structural reasons why it should not be badly affected (as seen by Denmark/Norway etc).

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

hancockjr wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:56 Cummings: He's being treated like all the other people who "set" the rules and have not complied - he's no longer fit for office. There may be an agenda against him but he's totally in the wrong and should resign/be sacked.

Smoking: It's not actually COIVD-19 that kills you, it's the body's immuno response to it and how that leaves it: COVID-19 infects the lungs, the body's response kills it but by destroying the very things that normally protect it. Pneumonia/infection then kills the patient. Bit like "saving" a city in a war by razing it to the ground, thus allowing another enemy to walk in (or citizen to die of disease etc). Seems to be the theory that COVID can't penetrate lungs of smokers so easily, hence the immuno response isn't needed so often.

Interesting that Sweden now has the highest per capita death rate in the world despite lots of structural reasons why it should not be badly affected (as seen by Denmark/Norway etc).
Ah, cheers, didn't know that - everyday's a school day :D

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Tom_Nook wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:54 Ironic that the man who controlled the people versus 'the elite' agenda of Brexit believes he doesn't have to follow the rules he helped to put in place for the little people. Image

His position should be untenable but we're living in a Kakistocracy now so I suspect he'll be fine.
That's your opinion only though. Last time I looked Boris Johnson was PM.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Last time I looked Boris wasn't saying "we are introducing lockdown to protect the healthy under 30's"

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

ffstuff wrote: 23 May 2020, 21:57 Seems I’ve been banned from the bad things forum for calling out suprised for what he is . Oh well ...

Edit. Perhaps not , back in and posts deleted

But no , not watched any bundesliga dot although my son has and he hasn’t seen any bookings for it
Yeah I've gotta be careful ususal suspects ganging up. I'm the Dominic Cummings of the board didn't you know Frank. :lol:

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

bluenosey wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:48
murf wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:43 Re Cummings, he said that he went to his parents so they could help look after his child but it was OK as they were in a separate building to his parents. All well and good Dominic but...... how do you share looking after a kid without it shuttling between 2 locked down buildings potentially spreading the virus????
He should have known better. At the end of the day he's probably got a shedload of Guardianista tracking his every move so should know he's public enemy number one in their eyes. On the other hand, if he thinks he's above the law and he's too arrogant to respect the law - we've all had to - then he should resign or be fired and I've no symptahy.
What you need is another female Prime Minister

https://www.facebook.com/1NEWSNZ/videos/843576232777884

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

bluenosey wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:40
hancockjr wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:24
bluenosey wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:21
hancockjr wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:08
Don't get me wrong, London is well down from the peak. MAssively. But that article is not "honest journalism", it's picking and choosing stats to fit an agenda.
All newspapers do that, from the tabloids to the broadsheets.

I think it's safe to say that, at the moment, the rate is falling in parts of the country that were hit hardest first (London/the Midlands)

More or less everywhere is going through a similar cycle. The virus is "having it's fling"

Whether it comes back or not in second and third waves and whether you can get it again, are questions for the boffins.
And all should be called out for it, even if it is one's favourite paper. 15 wrongs (assuming 15 papers) don't make a right. They make 15 wrongs.
Agreed but they all put a slant on things.

I've woken up this morning thinking Dominic Cummings has killed someone, such has been the "outrage" plastered across the papers and on the radio. He may well have done wrong but undoubtedly, certain sections of the press have an agenda against him.
Funny I didn't just think he had murdered someone but was a bigger serial killer than Ted Bundy.

All the media, in particular Sky and the BBC, were trolling out remainer after remainer to give their point of view and one female journalist on early hours of this morning on Sky was uncontrollable with rage.

She was demanding the Police check all ANPR cameras to find where his car has been and wanted his phone seized so they could pinpoint his location history.

eff me get a life

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Bet Gordon Ramsey is happy to have the heat off him now in Cornwall.
Looking forward to Piers Morgans visit to the south coast and the press reports

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Dot wrote: 24 May 2020, 07:43 All the media, in particular Sky and the BBC, were trolling out remainer after remainer to give their point of view and one female journalist on early hours of this morning on Sky was uncontrollable with rage.
Well known remainer Steve Baker MP calls for Cummings to go - https://twitter.com/i/events/1264136487576068096

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

In the real world are you Anna Soubry?
Last edited by Dot on 24 May 2020, 10:37, edited 2 times in total.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Dominic Cummings - Should he stay or should he go?

Post by unc.si. »

seems we were OK to travel around the country after all. They probably should have been a bit clearer about that earlier, but I'm sure no-one minds really :-)

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

Let's face it, Cummings hasn't the integrity to resign and Johnson was never going to sack him.
It'd be the equivalent of Spit the Dog sacking Bob Carolgees.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

To be honest, after Boris's opening statement I'm not sure anyone is really going to take any notice of whatever he says about relaxing the 'rules'. People will just do what they want, whether that's going back to work or staying at home.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Tom_Nook wrote: 24 May 2020, 17:10 Let's face it, Cummings hasn't the integrity to resign and Johnson was never going to sack him.
I saw something earlier about it being like Emu sacking Rod Hull :-)

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Tom_Nook wrote: 24 May 2020, 16:37 Slowness run in the family then dot? Image

I see the PM is gracing us with his presence on the daily briefing.

We can call off the search parties now.
If a jobs worth doing it's worth doing well. You might want to take that on board as you go through puberty Tom.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: 24 May 2020, 17:12
Tom_Nook wrote: 24 May 2020, 17:10 Let's face it, Cummings hasn't the integrity to resign and Johnson was never going to sack him.
I saw something earlier about it being like Emu sacking Rod Hull :-)
Can we spit again too? 👏👏👏

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

All of you moaning about Cummings and the press going to town on him . Turn on the news and see about 30 press individuals surrounding him getting into his car whilst they ask him questions on social distancing. It’s a farce and most of you sheep are just as bad - politics before substance

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The substance being that he can do what he wants? That BJ can use public cash to pay for sex?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

ffstuff wrote: 24 May 2020, 17:41 All of you moaning about Cummings and the press going to town on him . Turn on the news and see about 30 press individuals surrounding him getting into his car whilst they ask him questions on social distancing. It’s a farce and most of you sheep are just as bad - politics before substance
Exactly Frank. If any Tory MP ain't happy with Boris defence of Cummings well they could always resign.

Loved the way Rigby and Kuenssberg never got a look in.

Anyone who says they have observed the lockdown to the letter is a liar too.

How the eff no other news matters just shows how low this country has stooped.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

unc.si. wrote: 24 May 2020, 17:11 To be honest, after Boris's opening statement I'm not sure anyone is really going to take any notice of whatever he says about relaxing the 'rules'. People will just do what they want, whether that's going back to work or staying at home.
Which is the one thing that might let Boris off this hook. Enough selfish wazzocks out there who have been doing exactly what Cummings has done and can certainly understand why they shouldn't but don't care.

Those who do follow the rules and principles behind those rules are the quiet ones who nobody listens to anyway.

It's why having consideration makes you feel good but makes you financially poorer than those without it.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 24 May 2020, 18:11
unc.si. wrote: 24 May 2020, 17:11 To be honest, after Boris's opening statement I'm not sure anyone is really going to take any notice of whatever he says about relaxing the 'rules'. People will just do what they want, whether that's going back to work or staying at home.
Which is the one thing that might let Boris off this hook. Enough selfish wazzocks out there who have been doing exactly what Cummings has done and can certainly understand why they shouldn't but don't care.

Those who do follow the rules and principles behind those rules are the quiet ones who nobody listens to anyway.

It's why having consideration makes you feel good but makes you financially poorer than those without it.
Yep. But some may rebel and do as they wish.

Not to mention those being given a green light and would do as they wish anyway.... Crowds outside football grounds.... in bars watching it on tv.....

The is the icing on the shit cake of incompetence of this debacle.

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

Totally agree Raoul.

My initial anger has already turned into pity for all those poor people who died alone. All those family members who couldn't attend funerals. The frontline NHS staff.

I feel so sorry for them all. That they've been told their sacrifices are valued less than one man's job.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I think we now have a new concept in life. If you are ever not sure, ask one simple question.

What would Dominic do?

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

There are only 3 people on the planet who seem to believe that Dominic Cummings should still be in his job.

1. Dominic Cummings
2. Boris (who is told what to say and do by Dominic Cummings)
3. Dot (who I am beginning to think might be Dominic Cummings)

Boris is taking a massive risk. His only get out clause now seems to be additional evidence coming to light, meaning he can backtrack and say that given the additional news, mutually agreed it is best to step down, etc etc.

Alternatively, if Boris can survive this then the Trumpian strategy (do whatever you want and say whatever you want and ignore everyone's valid points and questions) is clearly genius and Dominic should get a knighthood for his genius.

If the last point above turns out right, we are in Sheetsville because it means Boris has licence to do absolutely anything.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Apparently a Sky reporter has confirmed that Dom’s car was seen in Barnard Castle.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

bspittles wrote:Apparently a Sky reporter has confirmed that Dom’s car was seen in Barnard Castle.
How can he CONFIRM it?

If true it gives Boris & co a get out of jail free card - sack him for lying to them.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “COVID-19”