To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Dominic Cummings - Should he stay or should he go?

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Re: Dominic Cummings - Should he stay or should he go?

Post by Tom_Nook »

Nobody then.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Dot wrote: 30 May 2020, 22:09 Is that the social distance press?
Lets hope that the social distance in pubs when they open. I know it will be in Essex at the bar.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

So as Dot has defaulted to his Trump distraction technique to side-step the subject again I guess we can say that not one sensible people has accepted the account of events then? Thought so.

Interested to see that the following has now been added to the rules:

Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.

I'm assuming that isn't something that Cummings asked his wife to add and backdate in the hope that no one will notice.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Isn't the whole point that its the world and his wife jumping down Doms throat at the moment - who in the public eye would risk defending his actions?
I've always maintained its about treating him exactly as you would treat any other public figure who broke the rules and quite clearly that hasn't been the case.
You only have to look back at a few replies on here (or non replies of avoidance on the subject) to the labour ones that broke.

I forget who said it now, but someone did say they apologised so it was ok (paraphrasing)

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

thebillfella wrote: 30 May 2020, 22:14 So as Dot has defaulted to his Trump distraction technique to side-step the subject again I guess we can say that not one sensible people has accepted the account of events then? Thought so.

Interested to see that the following has now been added to the rules:

Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.

I'm assuming that isn't something that Cummings asked his wife to add and backdate in the hope that no one will notice.
MY TRUMP distraction? Or do you mean your partner in crime BLA/

Oh, what we are forced into being the 51st State and their Police methods? Dont worry a death like that isn;t a COVID transmitted one....

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Still no one...they just don't exist do they Dot? Even that moron in charge of Wetherspoons hasn't jumped to his defence. Fake news indeed.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

thebillfella wrote: 30 May 2020, 22:27 Still no one...they just don't exist do they Dot? Even that moron in charge of Wetherspoons hasn't jumped to his defence. Fake news indeed.
One of my best mates is called Tim Martin- big eff drinker as well. Millwall supporter. We were supposed to be at a wedding in Spain together today as well.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

thebillfella wrote: 30 May 2020, 20:50 I'd love to see who Dot believes is some of the "sensible people" in all this?!!!
Hes already said his hero is Tommy Halfwit Robinson

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Surprised wrote: 30 May 2020, 22:59
thebillfella wrote: 30 May 2020, 20:50 I'd love to see who Dot believes is some of the "sensible people" in all this?!!!
your up late its gone midnight in the Dam

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

thebillfella wrote: 30 May 2020, 22:27 Still no one...they just don't exist do they Dot? Even that moron in charge of Wetherspoons hasn't jumped to his defence. Fake news indeed.
Going to watch the box now Bill. See what villians in Manchester get up to and away with on frontline police.

Looking forward to tomorrow to see which Dominic goes

Cummings v Pimenta should be a nailbiter

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Dot wrote: 30 May 2020, 23:03
Surprised wrote: 30 May 2020, 22:59
your up late its gone midnight in the Dam
Unlike you I'm not scared of the dark. Time for your Horlicks and slippers Dot?

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Lisa Nandy sparked the fury of Good Morning Britain viewers as she defended Labour MP Stephen Kinnock for travelling hundreds of miles to see his parents during the lockdown. Ms Nandy was discussing her views on chief aide Dominic Cummings, who faced backlash after he was discovered to have travelled from London to Durham to quarantine near his parents' house. The Labour frontbencher's defence of her colleague for breaking the rules while demanding Mr Cummings apologise prompted many Twitter users to accuse Ms Nandy of "double standards."

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

Sounds like it is on face value.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Not sure what your point is ffstuff. Cummings and Kinnock both broke the rules.

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Dominic Cummings - Should he stay or should he go?

Post by Tom_Nook »

thebillfella wrote:Sounds like it is on face value.
Here’s the story. From the Express ImageImageImage

Odd that you didn’t quote which newspaper you’d taken the story from ffstuff. It’s as if you knew it was a joke publication.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-ra ... own-latest

Watch the video (Which I suspect ff hasn’t)

It really is a remarkable headline, even by their standards.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

My point is Kinnock and all the others have pretty much got off Scott free

Liars and lockdown breakers exposed tomorrow I see

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... -aide.html

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Provided a link in that last post for you Tom

Must admit thought I was still blocked by you - I keep forgetting you pick and choose very carefully what posts you reply to

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

Pretty sure we can all pick and choose which posts we reply to.

As for the link.

Somebody’s not read the government guidelines. Students were allowed to travel back to their home address.

The Mail on Sunday know it isn’t a lockdown breach. But they also know that the ignorant will assume it was.
Last edited by Tom_Nook on 31 May 2020, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

Labour MP Rosie Duffield on the other hand, has broken them. She’s another who appears to think rules don’t apply to them.

At least she’s resigned.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Tom_Nook wrote: 31 May 2020, 00:25 Pretty sure we can all pick and choose which posts we reply to. Image

As for the link.

Somebody’s not read the government guidelines. Students were allowed to travel back to their home address.

The Mail on Sunday know it isn’t a lockdown breach. But they also know that the ignorant will assume it was.
Hi Tom

If you could point me to the government guidelines stating its ok to drive 250 miles to pick up said student and return them home, i'd appreciate it

also i see you completely ignored the bloke who now says he made it all up

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

Read the article. Always helps.

The jogger is only relevant if he was used as a source for a story. The MoS actually acknowledge he wasn't.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Hi Tom

and the government guidelines you were referring to? ta in advance

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

What about them?

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Hi Tom

You stated that no lockdown breach occured, and said "Somebody’s not read the government guidelines."
So i was asking you to inform me of the web address of the said government guidelines which says that someone is allowed to drive 250 miles to pick up said student and bring them home .

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

ffstuff wrote: 30 May 2020, 22:17 Isn't the whole point that its the world and his wife jumping down Doms throat at the moment - who in the public eye would risk defending his actions?
I've always maintained its about treating him exactly as you would treat any other public figure who broke the rules and quite clearly that hasn't been the case.
You only have to look back at a few replies on here (or non replies of avoidance on the subject) to the labour ones that broke.

I forget who said it now, but someone did say they apologised so it was ok (paraphrasing)
The Labour ones should be sacked as well. This is not about political affiliation.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

ffstuff wrote: 30 May 2020, 23:52 Lisa Nandy sparked the fury of Good Morning Britain viewers as she defended Labour MP Stephen Kinnock for travelling hundreds of miles to see his parents during the lockdown. Ms Nandy was discussing her views on chief aide Dominic Cummings, who faced backlash after he was discovered to have travelled from London to Durham to quarantine near his parents' house. The Labour frontbencher's defence of her colleague for breaking the rules while demanding Mr Cummings apologise prompted many Twitter users to accuse Ms Nandy of "double standards."
Agree.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Hi Tom

I wasnt asking for your opinion on what i would do, i was asking for the link to the guidelines that backed up your statement

anyway, no link provided again

many thanks

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

raoul wrote:
ffstuff wrote: 30 May 2020, 23:52 Lisa Nandy sparked the fury of Good Morning Britain viewers as she defended Labour MP Stephen Kinnock for travelling hundreds of miles to see his parents during the lockdown. Ms Nandy was discussing her views on chief aide Dominic Cummings, who faced backlash after he was discovered to have travelled from London to Durham to quarantine near his parents' house. The Labour frontbencher's defence of her colleague for breaking the rules while demanding Mr Cummings apologise prompted many Twitter users to accuse Ms Nandy of "double standards."
Agree.
Would probably watch the clip Raoul. The headline is disingenuous.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Ironically my daughter is a final year student at Durham. She was basically told that's it for the year. With her rental due to end she decided independently to come back to London immediately rather than risk being homeless. She didn't ask for a ride. Just turned up. Took the train.

Not sure what University students were meant to do tbh.

Tom_Nook
Treebeard

Post by Tom_Nook »

You'd have been perfectly ok to pick her up.

Obviously, you wouldn't have been able to stop off at any beauty spots or for a play by the roadside.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “COVID-19”