To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Lockdown Beards

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Lockdown Beards

Post by blahblah »

This is starting to feel like an "Ask blah" thread 😎😎😎

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Not in stock anywhere near me....

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

But you are near nowhere? 😂

Any clippers will be fine for long enough to get through Dovic, so get cheapest available ie EBay, Amazin etc....

Don't go for the Afro beard remover powder to be mixed with water to a paste as it REALLY effing BURNS.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I bought one of those box sets of clippers, beard trimmers, nose trimmers lol etc in Asda - had two No. 5s all over now so it’s paid for itself :-)
Youngest also had his hair cut but eldest refuses

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Exactly. I think I've spent about £100 in last 30 years.....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:But you are near nowhere? Image

Any clippers will be fine for long enough to get through Dovic, so get cheapest available ie EBay, Amazin etc....

Don't go for the Afro beard remover powder to be mixed with water to a paste as it REALLY effing BURNS.
I was being loose with the word 'near'.

Should have said 'none within an hour's drive....'

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 27 May 2020, 17:40
blahblah wrote:But you are near nowhere? Image

I was being loose with the word 'near'.

Should have said 'none within an hour's drive....'
That's why Ebay\Amazon..... "Local" supermarkets should have something?

I've had cropped\shaved head since c1990. In theory if I had enough follicles I could go bald once a year in May\June .....

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Can't find anything online at the moment and local Argos out of stock.

Scissors and razor are tempting me and I think I'm going to succumb.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

this is what i got from Asda - was about £40 i think, doubt i'll use half of the stuff in there though.

Perhaps everyone had the same idea since and cleared them out though, got mine around 6 weeks ago

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Boots, Superdrug, Argos, Amazon all sold out.

Was watching a couple on eBay. Virtually the same £10 Wahl ones as blah mentioned. Went for about £40.

Loads like them with a 24hr bidding window. All will go for stupid money. Someone is raking it in.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

TK Maxx usually has a few Wahl trimmer sets. Doubt they'd be doing a click & collect though.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Just let Mrs m loose on my head with a pair of scissors. Didn't do too bad a job (well it looks less bad that it did before). Back is still fairly thick where we could have done with some clippers.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I've decided to go feral.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Well I can say a completely hairless head is certainly a look :o - needs a bit of colour though but the sun is shining :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 30 May 2020, 12:38 Just let Mrs m loose on my head with a pair of scissors. Didn't do too bad a job (well it looks less bad that it did before). Back is still fairly thick where we could have done with some clippers.
No before and after pic? :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Spinynorman wrote: 30 May 2020, 12:57 I've decided to go feral.
To go, I thought you had been long gone :lol:

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

murf wrote: 30 May 2020, 12:38 Just let Mrs m loose on my head with a pair of scissors. Didn't do too bad a job (well it looks less bad that it did before). Back is still fairly thick where we could have done with some clippers.
Perm the back. Then take a penalty, balloon it over the top corner and hey presto, you are Chris Waddle 😀😉

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Spinynorman wrote: 30 May 2020, 12:57 I've decided to go feral.
Grrr. You animal, you 😁

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Just let Mrs m loose on my head with some clippers! Didn't do too bad a job (well it looks less bad that it did before).

Clippers finally arrived, watched and bid in a lot of auctions before finally getting a Wahl set from eBay for £21 all in, most selling for about £30 (£25 + 5 p&p), some people have access to stocks (clearing out Argos at around £12 a pop when they come in?) and are just listing new ones each day on 24hr auctions - making a tidy profit on each one. Supply & demand....

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

murf wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 12:22
Just let Mrs m loose on my head with some clippers! Didn't do too bad a job (well it looks less bad that it did before).

Clippers finally arrived, watched and bid in a lot of auctions before finally getting a Wahl set from eBay for £21 all in, most selling for about £30 (£25 + 5 p&p), some people have access to stocks (clearing out Argos at around £12 a pop when they come in?) and are just listing new ones each day on 24hr auctions - making a tidy profit on each one. Supply & demand....
So, you got your clippers at "cut" price then?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

😐

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

The limited edition gold plated trimmers from Wahl seem to be in stock on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Plated-St ... 8VG6/?th=1

Cheap at a tenth of the price!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Check out the "Bought with" 😂😂😂

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Finally let my daughters loose with the clippers on my hair today
Not done a bad job to be honest, apart from a bit of a chunk missing at the back. You can’t see that on zoom calls though :-)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Chunk at the back?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “COVID-19”