To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

COVID - 19

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: COVID - 19

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 14:33 Does the Aussie public mostly toe the line?
Is it toe or tow?

So tedbull is Madge or Holly Valance 😨😨😨

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Well he ain't Kylie.....

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'm sure that all will be revealed over night 😉

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 21:24 Just to bust the myth that the majority of the public being anti mask, anti lockdown measures etc
Ssm Costes embittered remainer ,spreader of Fake News, may as well be Beth Rrigby in disguise.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

RomynPG wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 22:04 Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flogging a dead horse to death

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 23:24 I’m not pretending to have all the answers, ted
But I am not sure that rolling the dice to see if I survive is the answer. I’m an otherwise healthy ex-international athlete with healthy children who I’d very much like to see grow up. When I say, ‘not sure’, I mean that I am not sure the consequences of such a statement have been thought through.
The following is not in response to your post but, if wearing a mask and reducing contact for a period of time helps reduce fatalities in those most vulnerable, it’s a small price to pay. There are plenty of cohorts much higher risk than me.

Whereabouts are you, to have such a strict lockdown?
ex International athlete?

Who r u son?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Mo Bot wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 10:36
murf wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 10:12
Mo Bot wrote:
murf wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 09:44 Thanks. I'll edit mine.

A scarier death toll number is the 200,000 total recently reached in the USA.
Yes but nobody cares about the other 1207563 other people who have died in America.
No idea if that stat is right but, if so, that means 1 in 7 US deaths are covid related, which is pretty high.

In the UK it is much less - currently about 1 in 100 - so you can see the point of Dot and co.
It was a half made up stat along the lines of Dot’s 1400 people who die in the UK per day. Apparently 2.8 million deaths per year in the US so I crudely calculated 6-monthly death toll minus COVID related deaths.

US population is just under five times ours, overall deaths are just under five times ours (~600k here)and so are COVID deaths (200k v 41k) so I think we’re equivalent.
Wow wow tiger what you banging on about?

Made up stat of mine? Where do u get that bollocks from.

Nothing I put ip is made up mate. Infact I gave u an under figure.

Number of deaths in the United Kingdom (UK) from 2000 to 2018(in 1,000s)
Number of deaths (in 1,000s)
2018 616.01
2017 607.17
2016 597.21
2015 602.78
2014 570.34
2013 576.46
2012 569.02
2011 552.23
2010 561.67
2009 559.62
2008 579.7
2007 574.69
2006 572.22

Dissect that.

Infact get ur calculator out 616,000 ÷365

Best part of 1,700 deaths a day on average with guaranteed high to come in 2020 and 2021 due to the total neglect of cancer sufferers and other major diseases that have totally and utterly been thrown on the scrapheap.

What was yesterday's whopping death toll that the press are beainwashing us with.

Oh let me see it says 37 with not alot of detail.

I've scratched around and come up with this as scant information as the media just want to scaremonger about how many people test positive.

England

A further 23 people who tested positive for coronavirus have died in hospital in England, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in hospitals to 29,808, NHS England said on Wednesday.

Patients were aged between 69 and 96 and all had known underlying health conditions

The dates of the deaths were between August 14 and September 22.

Seven other deaths were reported with no positive Covid-19 test result.

Nothing like bumping up the so called daily total om deaths recorded over a 39 DAY period not daily, nor to mention how ill they were or the fact they were, as per, all very old.

Let's not give a flying eff about the other 1700 that died yesterday RIP them all.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Calm down dot. You estimate that 1400 people died most days but there were 1700 today, you don’t know exactly, it’s a figure you kind of made up but I don’t think it’s overly inaccurate. I made my number up using the same logic.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

just got back from dropping my daughter off in town for a friends birthday meal.
It's heaving - students everywhere. I think they're all going for one last massive piss up before they have to go to bed by 10pm. It'll be like Christmas Eve and New Years all rolled into one.

Spike in cases incoming in a couple of weeks I guess. First people coming into the local hospital now after not having many covid patients for a while.

I was on zoom with a geneticist in Iceland earlier today. They've had a spike in cases that have been sequenced and nearly all traced back to two French tourists that didn't quarantine and went out in Reykjavik. Does seem to be able to spread pretty fast from only a few people if given the chance. Luckily its still at really low levels at the moment.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

As much as anyone else. You'll always have a few percent who'll do what they want. So we end up with lockdowns applied broadly to the whole population. If nothing is open, there's a curfew, police and defence force are operating checkpoints and fining people in the street... compliance gets pretty high.

Community spread isn't an issue unless COVID is in the community. We had it close to eliminated in the March/April lockdown and then the State Government appointed local contractors to manage quarantine on returned travellers - only for them to root the young girls and let families out for shopping trips. Our cases have been largely tracked back to that cock up and we've been paying for it ever since.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Dot wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 18:37
DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 21:24 Just to bust the myth that the majority of the public being anti mask, anti lockdown measures etc
Ssm Costes embittered remainer ,spreader of Fake News, may as well be Beth Rrigby in disguise.
He's just tweeting the results of a YouGov poll...

Of course you believe that anyone who made the "wrong" decision over 4 years ago cannot possibly make a valid point ever again

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

tedbull wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 23:22 there's a curfew, police and defence force are operating checkpoints and fining people in the street...
Absolutely zilch of that here so people do what they want.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

tedbull wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 23:22
As much as anyone else. You'll always have a few percent who'll do what they want. So we end up with lockdowns applied broadly to the whole population. If nothing is open, there's a curfew, police and defence force are operating checkpoints and fining people in the street... compliance gets pretty high.

Community spread isn't an issue unless COVID is in the community. We had it close to eliminated in the March/April lockdown and then the State Government appointed local contractors to manage quarantine on returned travellers - only for them to root the young girls and let families out for shopping trips. Our cases have been largely tracked back to that cock up and we've been paying for it ever since.
Sounds a lot tighter than anywhere in Europe and US.......

Is root the young girls a technical phrase?

Joking aside... you are now Madge or Holly to me ❤❤❤

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Well I’m not sure the 10pm closing is going to do a lot to be honest.
Was chaos in town last night. Everyone kicked out at the same time trying to get taxis.
My daughter just came back here with 3 friends, as did my mates daughter at his house (was having a few zoom beers last night)

It’s just screwing up the hospitality industry but isn’t going to have any impact on spread of the virus.

they either have to do it properly or not bother to be honest.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 10:54 Well I’m not sure the 10pm closing is going to do a lot to be honest.
Was chaos in town last night. Everyone kicked out at the same time trying to get taxis.
My daughter just came back here with 3 friends, as did my mates daughter at his house (was having a few zoom beers last night)

It’s just screwing up the hospitality industry but isn’t going to have any impact on spread of the virus.

At least the groups of friends won't be sharing an indoor space with other similar groups (assuming you've gone to bed or keep out of their way!)

Only other option is to totally shut the hospitality industry which will do far more harm.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Or of course just not forcing everything to shut at the same time.

Seems to be a policy with all cost and no benefit

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 12:28 Seems to be a policy with all cost and no benefit
Don't you understand that viruses are nocturnal and wake up to spread at 11pm. This gives people plenty of time to be safely wrapped up in bed breeding and spreading STD's.

Obviously people will start drinking earlier so the bars etc make their money as do Abortion Clinics; Chemists from the Morning after Pill etc; in time the Baby industry re prams, nappies etc; the Marriage\Divorce industry; and taxi drivers. I'm sure that I have missed out loads more as this is a win-win of epic BJ proportions 😎

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

unc.si. wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 10:54 Well I’m not sure the 10pm closing is going to do a lot to be honest.

Having to wear a face mask in a pub when not at your table will put people off going. Not worth the hassle. So, do we :-

Close down all pubs, clubs and restaurants. Face a backlash in terms of jobs lost and impact upon economy. Kids drink unregulated in raves and down the park and not in controlled environment.

Don't close down the pubs. Face a backlash for letting the virus run unchecked.

What is properly or not bother - which one would you do ?

I've heard that town was quiet. The venues just aren't the same without music. Surpising how you miss it.

Funnily enough I have been out and about and pleased to see someone spoken to for not wearing a mask.

Annoyingly people have started panic buying again. Why bog roll ? Are you going to shit 10 times more often in lockdown ? :? :?

This just right :)

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

bluenosey wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 13:15 Having to wear a face mask in a pub when not at your table will put people off going. Not worth the hassle.
If I'm in a pub with table service how often am I leaving my table that mask wearing would be so much of a hassle that I'd be put off going in the first place?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I'm old school. To me all pubs kick(ed) out at 11 and clubs at 2 so shifting to 10 isn't much different in terms of mingling etc.

Or do they all have varying closing times in city centres these days? I genuinely have no clue.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 13:32 I'm old school. To me all pubs kick(ed) out at 11 and clubs at 2 so shifting to 10 isn't much different in terms of mingling etc.

Or do they all have varying closing times in city centres these days? I genuinely have no clue.
I thought it was up to them when\if they close etc.

Maybe this is part of getting rid of all that European rubbish and going back to "proper" Anglo-Saxon opening hours 😉

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

murf wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 13:32 I'm old school. To me all pubs kick(ed) out at 11 and clubs at 2 so shifting to 10 isn't much different in terms of mingling etc.

You have to be out by 10. Last orders by 9.30pm. It does make a difference. Parents bingo night was brought forward by an hour at their social and they were back home by 10.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

bluenosey wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 14:07

You have to be out by 10. Last orders by 9.30pm. It does make a difference. Parents bingo night was brought forward by an hour at their social and they were back home by 10.
You'll have to explain the difference: as I assume they spent the same amount of time with the same people.....

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

RomynPG wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 13:29
bluenosey wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 13:15 Having to wear a face mask in a pub when not at your table will put people off going. Not worth the hassle.
If I'm in a pub with table service how often am I leaving my table that mask wearing would be so much of a hassle that I'd be put off going in the first place?
Well I use the pub mostly for the quiz. Handing entrance fees in, handing rounds in, maybe going the loo. They'll have to reconfigure what they do. I don't know if it will go ahead but I'm sure some people will forget. And smokers will have to be masking and unmasking quite a bit. Not that I'm against it. Just not worth the faff in my opinion.

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

blahblah wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 14:09

You'll have to explain the difference: as I assume they spent the same amount of time with the same people.....
No, capacity has been reduced. They can't really mingle any more, either chatting or at the bar. Last orders used to be 11pm and you'd still have those swigging the last pints around 11. 30 before the gaffer asks them to leave. Now it's all out by 10pm.

Not ideal but what's the alternative?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

bluenosey wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 14:15
blahblah wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 14:09

No, capacity has been reduced. They can't really mingle any more, either chatting or at the bar. Last orders used to be 11pm and you'd still have those swigging the last pints around 11. 30 before the gaffer asks them to leave. Now it's all out by 10pm.

Not ideal but what's the alternative?
But the numbers etc are not changed by closing early.....

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

bluenosey wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 14:11
RomynPG wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 13:29
Well I use the pub mostly for the quiz. Handing entrance fees in, handing rounds in, maybe going the loo. They'll have to reconfigure what they do. I don't know if it will go ahead but I'm sure some people will forget. And smokers will have to be masking and unmasking quite a bit. Not that I'm against it. Just not worth the faff in my opinion.
Sounds like imaginary problems to me :?

Handing entrance fees in - quiz master collects from tables
Handing rounds in - quiz master collects from tables - or swap with closest table if self marked
People will forget - yeah that will happen but people will get better at it.
Smokers - when I smoked - gave up in Feb :D - and especially in winter I would put a coat/jacket and hat on before I went outside - that takes a lot longer than just pulling my mask up.

But if it's not worth it for you then I can't argue with that - each to their own.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

what used to happen is that some went home at 11, some at 12, 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am. sometimes my kids wouldn't get back til 5.30. It was fairly spread out.
last night everyone left at 10.00 and by all accounts it was rammed everywhere. queues for taxi's, Ubers charging nearly £30 for a £5 ride, big groups all heading home together, people going to house parties (which they're allowed to and in fact pretty much encouraged to by the change in policy).

The change has just made things worse in the short term.

In a perfect world, we have consistent, clear messaging and people who buy into it because they see the big community benefit that comes from small individual actions. Most things in pubs and elsewhere can operate OK if everyone doesn't act like dicks.

However, we have hopelessly inconsistent and unclear messaging and a sizeable chunk of people who don't care about anyone but themselves.

we have to try to keep things going as normally as possible, but that needs people to behave sensibly. A lot of people don't really give a shit or don't think its serious, so we'll end up with more measures that harm us all economically.

the conspiracy theorists, anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers etc etc have a lot to answer to. They're the real reason that the economy has done worse than many other countries, even more so than the incompetent Government (and the fact that Corbyn would have done a far worse job doesn't excuse Boris)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Unc: I really don't think this a subject or thread for Common Sense 🙈

So when the clocks change so the "curfew" stay at 10pm or move so it is consistent (re sun and moon) with now?

I ask as they must have a reason for picking 10pm 😂😂

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

FREEEEEEDOM :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “COVID-19”