To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

A) New series that might be worth watching

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: A) New series that might be worth watching

Post by murf »

Quite into Series 2 of Under The Dome now - definitely a guilty pleasure as it is a tad cheesy.

Not sure why they killed off X of the better characters in episode 1 (X to minimise spoilerisation!) and I'm not keen on one of the new ones although she is quite fit as is another new one. A bit weird getting 4 big new characters who didn't appear in Series 1. Now it has settled down a bit I'm happier though the back history thing is a bit contrived.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Not sure if this will work with tapatalk...

Julia Shumway (Rachelle Lefevre). Hot or Not?

I think she's lurrrrvly!

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-09- ... tery-drama" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This looks interesting, starting at the beginning of October on ITV - set in Cambridgeshire during the 1950's starring Robson Green and James Norton as a detective and a vicar

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Sounds like an Alan Partridge pitch.

50s
Cambridgeshire
Detective and a Vicar
Robson Green is up for it.
If you don't do it, ITV will?

TheTon
FISO Knight

A) New series that might be worth watching

Post by TheTon »

Downloaded and started 'Legends' yesterday. Good start, and I do like Sean Bean (not everyone's cup of tea I imagine)

Anyone else giving this a go. I've got far too much that I'm juggling at the moment, and The Blacklist is back next week..! Not enough hours in the week..!

Under the dome
The last ship
Tyrant
Legends
The Blacklist
The leftovers

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

has anyone watched the Leftovers yet? is it touchy feely lets deal with the disappearances or is there anything else to it. Because if its just the former its getting deleted.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

TheTon wrote:Downloaded and started 'Legends' yesterday. Good start, and I do like Sean Bean (not everyone's cup of tea I imagine)

Anyone else giving this a go. I've got far too much that I'm juggling at the moment, and The Blacklist is back next week..! Not enough hours in the week..!

Under the dome
The last ship
Tyrant
Legends
The Blacklist
The leftovers
Is that new Blacklist? I saw they were replaying season one but hadn't seen anything about a new series...

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

And guess what the very first advert I saw when I turned on the tv was for... :roll: :lol: This might be the first series I start once we're through Breaking Bad, I really enjoyed the last one.

Mike_
Dumbledore
FS Record: One half of Double Up And Deal *shades*

Post by Mike_ »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:has anyone watched the Leftovers yet? is it touchy feely lets deal with the disappearances or is there anything else to it. Because if its just the former its getting deleted.
Watched the first 2 episodes. Deleted the rest

If you like Lost you'll like this

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Mike_ wrote:
Moist von Lipwig wrote:has anyone watched the Leftovers yet? is it touchy feely lets deal with the disappearances or is there anything else to it. Because if its just the former its getting deleted.

Having just finished the whole of season one I'd have to disagree as, producer aside, there are very few similarities other than the fact that people disappear (Note: Not a spoiler as this happens in the first few minutes of episode one). The series definitely picks up pace with each episode and becomes more captivating the further you get in. I've just looked and Season 2 is a go so it can't be that bad.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Calvin1979 wrote:
Mike_ wrote:

Having just finished the whole of season one I'd have to disagree as, producer aside, there are very few similarities other than the fact that people disappear (Note: Not a spoiler as this happens in the first few minutes of episode one). The series definitely picks up pace with each episode and becomes more captivating the further you get in. I've just looked and Season 2 is a go so it can't be that bad.
I have stuck with this, but barely. It is very strange and I find myself wondering what exactly is going on (I guess that's why I keep watching it)

The Walking dead has now produced two crap episodes back-to-back, I hope that can return to form.

Watched The Last Ship. I actually quite enjoyed it in a 'God bless America' kind of way. Will definitely give season 2 a go.

Struggling a bit with Legends. Never really found Sean Bean that easy to watch and this is a bit of a slog.

Finally, Homeland. Don't want to offer any spoilers but the last two episodes totally lost me. I was very disappointed with the way the plot has thus far developed. That said, I'll stick with it as usual...

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

TheTon wrote:
The Walking dead has now produced two crap episodes back-to-back, I hope that can return to form.

I didn't mind the 'Bethisode' at all but I don't know why next weeks epsiode wasn't just run this week to round that arc off. Maggie hasn't seemed upset in the slightest her sister is missing either... This weeks was good in that it fleshed out the fringe characters but it was definitely lacking something.

Watched The Last Ship. I actually quite enjoyed it in a 'God bless America' kind of way. Will definitely give season 2 a go.

Yes, I also enjoyed this although I don't know why.

Struggling a bit with Legends. Never really found Sean Bean that easy to watch and this is a bit of a slog.

If its Sean Bean, surely he'll be killed off in the near future

Finally, Homeland. Don't want to offer any spoilers but the last two episodes totally lost me. I was very disappointed with the way the plot has thus far developed. That said, I'll stick with it as usual...

I've quite liked this, although I'd now enjoy the series more if Carrie was not in it. Should be interesting on how Saul gets on. (Don't think thats spoilery)

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Not that either are new but both Homeland and TWD are back in form imo, the former has got away from the faux drama of the previous season and is now more like a US Spooks and the latter is really starting to explore the effects of existing this far into a zombie apocalypse.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

The Legacy, Sky Arts, Wed.

Another Scandinavian import (Danish). Worth a try based on other successes.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Anyone watching Stalker? I enjoyed the first couple of episodes but I'm quickly going off it. This weeks episode had very little to do with stalking (surely the whole point of the show), so it just became another crime solving programme. The running plot needs to develop harder and faster if it is going to keep me interested.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

well was not expecting that (again) to round off part 1 of TWD.

New series started immediately after TWD last week (but available on catchup), Jack Irish - no idea what its about but Guy Pierce is usually pretty good.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

I'd be watching Jack Irish were I not determined to get through my backlog first. It looked perfectly underplayed.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

DrBunker wrote:I'd be watching Jack Irish were I not determined to get through my backlog first. It looked perfectly underplayed.
I've just got around to watching Jack Irish over the last few nights, it was 3 tv movies from the australian network ABC. Considering australian domestic television is largely bloody awful - these were excellent. Guy Pearce has this character nailed, DrB was accurate. Little bit of googling says theres 4 books in the Jack Irish series so hopefully they'll make the 4th at some point as well. Seems theres more humour in the movies than the books, but its seamless. Its well worth a view.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

I watched ascension on sky1 over the weekend, a 3 parter and pretty bog standard (although no.6's behind is always welcome), I spent most of it thinking its the last ship in space, but the last 2 minutes ensured I'll watch the rest. Available on catchup or repeated at 10pm this thursday.

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/ascension/article/about" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Better Call Saul.

From the makers of Breaking Bad, featuring Saul Goodman

Not sure if I'm interested in this or not. Found his character quite annoying in Breaking Bad so can't imagine I'll like it much.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

The discussion about spin offs has been moved to a new thread:

topic115068.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

DrBunker wrote:The discussion about spin offs has been moved to a new thread:

topic115068.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is that thread now a spin off from this one?

:D

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

How did I miss that! :oops: :lol:

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

It's clearly not as good. :(

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Catastrophe

Just watched the first two episodes, and really enjoying it. A comedy about a couple having a 6 night stand and her getting pregnant, she's Irish, he's American. 8/10 so far...

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

jacksosi wrote:Catastrophe

Just watched the first two episodes, and really enjoying it. A comedy about a couple having a 6 night stand and her getting pregnant, she's Irish, he's American. 8/10 so far...
yes its been very good - a friend told me about it and have just caught up this week with the first two.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Moist von Lipwig wrote:

yes its been very good - a friend told me about it and have just caught up this week with the first two.

I'm enjoying it too, thought the 1st had more laughs than the 2nd episode, but it's a very likeable series so far. Don't know much about Rob Delaney but I'm a bit of a Sharon Horgan fan. The sitcom she starred in and co-wrote with Dennis Kelly (he of Utopia) called Pulling was/is badly underrated.

THAT'S Carrie Fisher playing his mum. Blimey...

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

moonlightdribbler wrote:
Moist von Lipwig wrote:

I'm enjoying it too, thought the 1st had more laughs than the 2nd episode, but it's a very likeable series so far. Don't know much about Rob Delaney but I'm a bit of a Sharon Horgan fan. The sitcom she starred in and co-wrote with Dennis Kelly (he of Utopia) called Pulling was/is badly underrated.

THAT'S Carrie Fisher playing his mum. Blimey...
I think the c**** husband is in it again in ep.3 one of the highlights of the opener for me. :lol:

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

12 Monkeys, a tv show based on the film
9pm Friday Syfy HD (114)

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

jacksosi wrote:12 Monkeys, a tv show based on the film
9pm Friday Syfy HD (114)

I'm very interested! Big fan of the film, and it'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

You wait ages for one of your favourite science fiction movies to be made into a series, and then two come along at once. The Westworld series should be hitting our screens in 2015, but still no dates as to when.

http://www.filmdivider.com/3911/jj-abra ... westworld/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ed Harris as the gunslinger. 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”