To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Red Dwarf

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Red Dwarf

Post by murf »

Pleasantly surprised at how good it has been so far. Not up there with the early days but better than the later series (which I gave up on).

I thought the original demise was due to the two writers falling out (same with quality of spin off books) but this only has one of them (Grant or Naylor - can't remember).

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

Loving the return of Red Dwarf, fave show ever!!!

Around this time last year I was watching 'Marooned' from series 3 on DAVE ('your guitar was made from camphor wood').
In entered my son (now 12) who I was expecting to say 'can we watch something good Dad?' (i.e The Simpsons). Instead, he sat quietly then proceeded to laugh his socks off.
This led to him asking for/receiving the complete box set for Christmas and countless hours (in between Fifa 12'ing) of me and him watching every episode over the next few months.

He now recites episodes word for word, so the return of the boys from the dwarf last week has given us one very happy little boy. My wife however still can't see the attraction, maybe the occasion my Son innocently called her a smeg head did little to help the situation. :shock: Having seen last weeks episode, I was able to cough loudly over the tw*t comment during the recorded viewing with my son the following evening, which would not have gone unnoticed by the missus 8-)

I wonder how much of a new audience this series will create, any other fiso'ers kids caught the star(bug) yet ???

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie
FS Record: Won a few golf things a long time ago!!

Post by Lister »

Just watched the 2nd episode.....loved it again quality joke with the Chinese whispers.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

thought the first episode was excellent, but last night was a little flat somehow to me - overegged the joke about Lister/Lister's dad - didn't have quite enough mileage for me.

Still entertaining though.

Red dwarf (the spaceship) of course has changed a lot down the years - and I find having to suspend disbelief on the set is the hardest thing to do!

Oh, and Lister's accent is nothing like as strong as it was!

Foxtrot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Champion 05/06. Tinkerman weekly winner 12/13.

Post by Foxtrot »

Red Dwarf was my favourite show as a kid, must have seen some of the older shows over 100 times. Series 2-4 are pure gold.

Stopped watching during series 7 ( or poss 8 can't remember) as it became a shadow of its former self.

Only seen episode 1 but thought it was quite good overall, although didn't really like the recurring phone call joke TBH.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

very good last night :D

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Milking a dead space cow

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/red-dwarf/ ... 11-and-12/

Still going to watch it

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie

Post by Lister »

Was pleased with the last series so will be giving this one a go.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Of course you will be. :)

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

For those of you that cannot wait until Thursday. The first episode is online on UKTV play now:

http://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/red-dw ... 1443193001

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I just watched it (Sky have it 'on demand'). Pretty good, especially if you love the characters. Harmless fun with a few jokes at their own expense (hackneyed old cliches). Not going to set the world alight but worthwhile making and viewing.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Ok in the last one shown (ep3). Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen it....

When they went back in time to take Lister's kidneys out to put in future Dave.... how come the crazy android doc managed to remove the removed kidneys and put them in a jar if they were already removed....

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

murf wrote:Ok in the last one shown (ep3). Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen it....

When they went back in time to take Lister's kidneys out to put in future Dave.... how come the crazy android doc managed to remove the removed kidneys and put them in a jar if they were already removed....
Are you seriously trying to pick holes in the Red Dwarf plot? :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

This hole is so big it is black!

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

murf wrote:This hole is so big it is black!
Nah, just a speck of dirt on your glasses!

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

I think it has been pretty good. More laughs than a lot of BBC comedy these days.

7.5/10

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: RE: Re: Red Dwarf

Post by murf »

tommymooney wrote:I think it has been pretty good. More laughs than a lot of BBC comedy these days.

7.5/10
Pretty good sums it up. 7/10 for me.

They filmed 12 episodes and are calling it 2 series so 6 more episodes in the can.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Got them all recorded for a rainy Sunday. Good to hear that the quality is still good. :)

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie

Post by Lister »

Enjoying the series but have to say it is becoming a bit re-cycled. The kidney plot as Murf said was a black hole where as in the past the holes in the plot were more cleverly done.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Thing I like about RD is the characters pretty much stay the same - where as other comic characters that have been long running change and mutate too much - particularly Alan Partridge but also David Brent - Coogan/Gervais play them differently now to their original incarnation.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”