To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Game of Thrones - Inc Spoilers to last aired UK TV episode.

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Game of Thrones - Inc Spoilers to last aired UK TV episode.

Post by blahblah »

I think the GOAT dies, but not 100% certain :wink:

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Perhaps there will be a battle between The North and Dany's mob and the tide will be turned by Sansa turning up with wildlings.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Billy Whiz wrote: 14 May 2019, 18:12 Let's not forget the Red Witch's Arya prophesy: “I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me: brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you'll shut forever.” This must mean: brown eyes = Walder Frey; blue eyes = Night King; green eyes = Cersei. So I'm guessing Cersei is not dead yet and Arya was not riding off into the sunset a la John Wayne, but heading off to find her prey.
Cersei is definitely dead.

What colour are Dany's eyes?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 14 May 2019, 19:59 I think the GOAT dies, but not 100% certain :wink:
Lionel Messi? Tom Brady? Roger Federer? :wink:

Might be in the minority but I thought this was the best episode of this series at least, gripping throughout and you could actually see everything that happened :wink: Seeing the remainder of the Mad King’s wildfire going off was a nice touch as well...

Thought Jaime would carry out a mercy killing of Cersei on camera though, a bit disappointed we didn’t see that... also Tyrion a bit peripheral again, want to see him do something significant again but not sure he will, he’s been Baldrick since season 5 really :| (He might be the last Lannister now though, so a claim to the throne?) But minor complaints really...

In terms of who survived... was Gendry the charred remains Arya found at the end (thought he’d have eff off to Storm’s End) or was it just some randomer? Did Grey Worm get out alive again, thought he was on a suicide mission... who we lost for sure, Varys, Euron, Qyburn, the Hound, the Mountain... lots of loose ends to tie up next week anyway, and a few to re-emerge from the North!

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Good angle on Tyrian (or a different angle). Was there something about Targaryans dying during childbirth? Is there a chance he (Tyrian) could be one as well? Is that the sucker punch ending to the show - he gets to sit on the throne as the rightful heir?

Although presumably the three eyed raven would know this.

Wasn’t there also something in the books about the returning prince (aslam or something)? I’ve not read the books, but seem to think a few of you mentioned some returning Prince (reincarnated rather than doing a Benji).

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Azor Ahai was apparently the prince(ss) who saw off the Night King I think, so Arya in that case, hence why she has a claim to the throne, though she would want it even less than Jon!

Not sure the (true) Starks want the throne, though a hard Nexit would do them, with Jon perhaps in charge of the ashes of KL?

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie
FS Record: Won a few golf things a long time ago!!

Post by Lister »

Chared remains were the mother and daughter she was helping I think x

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Yep. I thought so.

But at one point in the commotion it looked like she did bump in to Gendry amongst all the commention. I’m asusming it wasn’t him as they didn’t acknowledge one another (at all... not even a salty spurned in a marriage proposals kind of acknowledgement).

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

got.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

Tall Paul wrote: 14 May 2019, 21:29
Billy Whiz wrote: 14 May 2019, 18:12 Let's not forget the Red Witch's Arya prophesy: “I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me: brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you'll shut forever.” This must mean: brown eyes = Walder Frey; blue eyes = Night King; green eyes = Cersei. So I'm guessing Cersei is not dead yet and Arya was not riding off into the sunset a la John Wayne, but heading off to find her prey.

Dany's eyes are noticeably blue, or at least they are on my telly!

Cersei's death is only a supposition. We haven't seen her dead and remember it takes a lot to kill people on GoT

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

Lister wrote: 14 May 2019, 22:52 Chared remains were the mother and daughter she was helping I think x
Leading them straight into the range of fire was an epic fail on Arya's part - something we're not used to seeing from her

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Billy Whiz wrote: 15 May 2019, 21:33

Cersei's death is only a supposition. We haven't seen her dead and remember it takes a lot to kill people on GoT

So we may well see Stannis in the next episode then. :mrgreen:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Spinynorman wrote: 15 May 2019, 21:46
Billy Whiz wrote: 15 May 2019, 21:33

So we may well see Stannis in the next episode then. :mrgreen:
And Syrio Forel? :wink:

Even if Cersei had survived, she’d have nothing left, her castle and all her allies are gone, so not sure what purpose that would serve story-wise. Daenerys would just bring her out of the rubble and ceremonially Dracarys her.

Dany has all the power now so surely can only be assassinated from within if she isn’t to win. Jon or Arya to wield the sword perhaps? Both of whom would then probably decline the throne, or be happy to lead the North with Sansa. So who would be an acceptable ruler to the southerners? Tyrion perhaps, or maybe a King’s Landing commoner with royal blood, Gendry? But any non-Targaryen would have Drogon to contend with, unless killing Dany destroys him like taking out the Night King did to the White Walkers etc...

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Does anyone actually care anymore?

They broke the wheel alright.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Viewing figures are still rising to all-time records... though why you’d start watching with two episodes to go without bingeing from 1x1 I’m not sure, you’d be missing out on just a bit.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Maybe it’s all the people that previously used to wait to binge watch at the end of a season

Or people that have been binge watching the whole lot for the last six months to get up to date whilst all the hype has built.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

This season is the first one I've watched in almost real time. All the previous series I watched mostly on dvd.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Spinynorman wrote: 16 May 2019, 08:57 This season is the first one I've watched in almost real time. All the previous series I watched mostly on dvd.
Now TV have probably made a killing out of streaming it (although it pixelated a bit for me in the 3rd episode)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

bluenosey wrote: 16 May 2019, 13:53
Spinynorman wrote: 16 May 2019, 08:57 This season is the first one I've watched in almost real time. All the previous series I watched mostly on dvd.
Now TV have probably made a killing out of streaming it (although it pixelated a bit for me in the 3rd episode)
Yeah, the number of people watching it "legally" in the UK seems to be massively up on last time, presumably that's due to Now TV being more commonplace.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

"Hundreds of thousands of Game of Thrones fans have signed a petition protesting against the “woefully incompetent” writing on the present series."

[The Times]

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

600,000 names so far - they want Series 8 remade :?

Petition here

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Finally caught up and so have read this thread. Amazed how much anger there is against this series.

The last series (the first without a book base) was poor but I've thought this one has been much better. Not great but pretty strong.

I'm not usually a fan of style over content but was very impressed with the making of episode 5, unlike the awful dark episode 3.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Billy Whiz wrote: 16 May 2019, 23:27 600,000 names so far - they want Series 8 remade :?

Petition here
There’s more chance of getting Article 50 revoked... by Nigel Farage riding to Brussels on a dragon :wink:

I bet each of those 600,000 has totally different ideas of how to make the series better as well. With so much hype there was always going to be a backlash, and it could never be the same carefully paced show it was in the early series when they have to bring everything to a conclusion in one place. And HBO won’t care as more people are watching than ever before.

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

Indeed, the petition (which I haven't signed) is great publicity for GoT. Already I know people who are just starting to watch it from Series 1.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Game of Thrones - Inc Spoilers to last aired UK TV episode.

Post by Maldini »

As much as I agree that the writing of the past two seasons has been abysmal, the sense of entitlement that they think it should be rewritten is off the scale.

I can count on one hand how many long running TV shows have had satisfactory conclusions so it’s hardly an isolated case.

I’m just hoping GRRM can get off his lazy arse and give the story the ending it deserves in the books.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Maldini wrote: 17 May 2019, 12:43
I can count on one hand how many long running TV shows have had satisfactory conclusions so it’s hardly an isolated case.
This. Because of the time to build it is almost impossible to pull off an ending which doesn't split fans in some way. Breaking Bad is about the only universally liked ending I can think of.
Maldini wrote: 17 May 2019, 12:43
I’m just hoping GRRM can get off his lazy arse and give the story the ending it deserves in the books.
There are some pretty interesting interviews out there with George giving insights into his writers block, it truly is incredible. Dance with Dragons came out in my first year of university, its been 10 years I think. There was a chapter or two of Winds of Winter released 5 years or so ago.

I'd be very surprised if he actually finished them, there is probably enough source material for the final two books written for someone else to do it though

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

The Sopranos was a cracking end too.

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

The final episode of Seinfeld was extraordinary, mixing up the sitcom's "a show about nothing" narrative with real life. Almost too clever for its own good, but it kind of worked. You're sitting there thinking, what just happened there?

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

happyhoppy wrote: 17 May 2019, 16:00 The Sopranos was a cracking end too.
Very famous end but it does appear to split people, seen it on best and worst ending lists

Seinfeld was before my time unfortunately. Caught the odd episode on repeat here and there

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”