To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sharknado (no spoilers please!)

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Sharknado (no spoilers please!)

Post by Jonathan »

Currently watching it. A film about deadly tornadoes which hit LA bringing thousands of sharks inland. Made for TV this year with Tara Reid in. It is shockingly bad but deliberately so and I can't stop watching it!

You won't believe the ending! It involves a chainsaw! Classic!!

Syfy channel commissioned a second film called Sharknado 2 : The Second One - name chosen by twitter followers. Watch it if you can.
Last edited by Jonathan on 10 Sep 2013, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Re: Sharknado

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

it 'premiered' a few weeks back. Its a piece of work alright :lol:

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

:lol: Got a copy but not seen it yet, looking forward to switching my brain off and enjoying it.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:it 'premiered' a few weeks back. Its a piece of work alright :lol:
Just shows the power of twitter. Each time it was shown it got more viewers due to the chat and now being released in cinemas and tickets selling out. The best bad film I have seen for a while :lol:

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... vie-summer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5000 per min according to this - warning, contains spoilers re chainsaws

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

I especially enjoyed the appalling production, driving down dry streets in the middle of a rain storm :lol:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... vie-summer

5000 per min according to this - warning, contains spoilers re chainsaws
Yes try and avoid the spoilers because the ending is superb and very unexpected... Well it was to my little brain anyway.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:I especially enjoyed the appalling production, driving down dry streets in the middle of a rain storm :lol:
Which I am sure is all deliberate. Like some of the live shark footage stitched in seamlessly!

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

top review on IMDB
Gloriously Incompetent and Gleefully Terrible. Absolutely nothing make sense. Physics and natural laws are ignored. Horrible CGI and cringe-worthy dialog. Outrageous continuity exceeded only by horrible color correction and clunky editing. The all together wooden acting no doubt achieved in single takes is sincere, earnest and fails on levels that should win awards.

And you can't stop watching.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

My car share buddy championed this the other week.

He's literally just told me the sequal, Ghost Shark I think he said it was called.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

the sequel is "Sharknado 2 - The Second One"

I was going to mention Ghost Shark - just after I switched the laptop off last night there was a trailer for it of SyFy

:lol:

We are truely in a golden age of shark cinema

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

It seems ghost shark has its own twitter account, blocked at work so can't have a look.

@sharkrevenge

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Not sure how anyone else is pronouncing this in their mind, but the end sound track sings it as Shark-nay-do - I was calling it Shark-nah-do.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

shark-nay-doh. same way I would pronounce tornado.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: pretty dire with occasional moments of genius

Post by AKNel1 »

Jonathan wrote:Not sure how anyone else is pronouncing this in their mind, but the end sound track sings it as Shark-nay-do - I was calling it Shark-nah-do.

Shark-nay-doh like Tornado obviously :roll:

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

This is up there with the likes of Piranhaconda and mega shark vs crocosaurus. :lol:

Possible alternatives to the title of the sequel:

-- Sharknado 2: Winter Is Coming
-- Sharknado 2: Sharkz in the Hood
-- Sharknado 2: Revenge of the Sharks
-- Sharknado 2: The Sharks Strike Back
-- Sharknado 2: Sharks Take Manhattan
-- Sharknado 2: Escape From New York
-- Sharknado 2: Sharks and the City
-- Sharknado 2: Taking a Bite Out of the Big Apple
-- Sharknado 2: Outside the Shark Tank
-- Sharknado 2: Weekend at Sharky's
-- Sharknado 2: Lost in New York
-- 2 Shark 2 Nado

What was the other XXXnado film that was trailed at the same time this was on SciFi? From memory this other version made Sharknado seem quite realistic... :shock:

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

didn't notice another but this is also one of theirs

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942798/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

I saw a movie on Syfy which was about some sharks invading inland waters but the main shark was huge.
Not sure if it was Sharknado

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Surprised wrote:I saw a movie on Syfy which was about some sharks invading inland waters but the main shark was huge.
Sounds like a Megashark to me. ;)

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

DrBunker wrote:
Surprised wrote:I saw a movie on Syfy which was about some sharks invading inland waters but the main shark was huge.
Sounds like a Megashark to me. ;)

Not sure....it swallowed a nuclear submarine

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

yeah, thats going to be mega shark, of v crocosaurus and giant octopus fame. The latter is essentially a remake of one of the old Chewits adverts. Although to the best of my knowledge, mega shark has not eaten Barrow in Furness bus station.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:yeah, thats going to be mega shark, of v crocosaurus and giant octopus fame. The latter is essentially a remake of one of the old Chewits adverts. Although to the best of my knowledge, mega shark has not eaten Barrow in Furness bus station.

Might have been some crocs unless I'm mixing up two movies.

The 'heroes' wanted to kill the shark by blowing it up but said they couldn't as it had swallowed the armed nuclear sub.
Next minute the blew it up anyway and the sub crew were seen cheering so I presume it was editorial license that saved the sub.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

v giant octopus it eats an airplane (in flight) and also the Golden Gate Bridge. Well it was just asking for it wasn't it?

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:The latter is essentially a remake of one of the old Chewits adverts.
:lol:

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Surprised wrote:The 'heroes' wanted to kill the shark by blowing it up but said they couldn't as it had swallowed the armed nuclear sub.
Next minute the blew it up anyway and the sub crew were seen cheering so I presume it was editorial license that saved the sub.
You must have missed a critical part of the plot (possibly whilst making a cup of tea?). These movies are normally pretty scientifically sound.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

AKNel1 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Not sure how anyone else is pronouncing this in their mind, but the end sound track sings it as Shark-nay-do - I was calling it Shark-nah-do.

Shark-nay-doh like Tornado obviously :roll:
Oh well. It is done now, but I honestly didn't relate Sharknado with Tornado. I do worry myself sometimes. Made a right tight of myself on the 18th green a couple of weeks and it cost me and my partner £10 each. :oops: The main thing to remember is, I won't hurt anyone. :cry:

Now, off to book my holiday to Tornardo Alley.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

DrBunker wrote:
Surprised wrote:The 'heroes' wanted to kill the shark by blowing it up but said they couldn't as it had swallowed the armed nuclear sub.
You must have missed a critical part of the plot (possibly whilst making a cup of tea?). These movies are normally pretty scientifically sound.
seems they might be right, google seems to think it takes a perfect implosion of the uranium from the explosives in the detonator to produce the fission in a warhead. An imperfect explosion would break the missiles not explode them and 'only' release the nuclear material akin to a dirty bomb.

these shark people know what they're talking about. 8-)

rossn13
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 12th TFFE 09/10

Re: Sharknado (no spoilers please!)

Post by rossn13 »

Got myself a copy. Can't wait :D

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:
DrBunker wrote:
seems they might be right, google seems to think it takes a perfect implosion of the uranium from the explosives in the detonator to produce the fission in a warhead. An imperfect explosion would break the missiles not explode them and 'only' release the nuclear material akin to a dirty bomb.

They dropped a bomb in its mouth from a helicopter (it's not Sharknado so not a spoiler)

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

Surprised wrote:
Moist von Lipwig wrote:
DrBunker wrote:

They dropped a bomb in its mouth from a helicopter (it's not Sharknado so not a spoiler)
acceptable risk imo, anyone who signs up to the navy and doesn't expect being swallowed by a giant shark and possibly being blown up/exposed to radiation as a consequence is at best, naive.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”