To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Homeland

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Re: Homeland

Post by Calvin1979 »

ctibbits wrote:Anyone know if they are planning a 4th season?
Confirmed for a Season 4, which will premiere in 2014.

Avoid searching on the internet for Season 4 if you haven't yet seen the Season 3 finale.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Calvin1979 wrote:
ctibbits wrote:Anyone know if they are planning a 4th season?
Confirmed for a Season 4, which will premiere in 2014.

Avoid searching on the internet for Season 4 if you haven't yet seen the Season 3 finale.

Didn't even bother watching last nights so called final episode.

Talk about flogging a dead horse....

arsene doesn't know
Grumpy Old Man

Post by arsene doesn't know »

murf wrote:
Carrie would have been sacked months ago and never risked in Tehran.
Absolutely agree!

Not sure if another season would tempt me, felt a little flat after final episode, just tied things up fairly undramatically IMO. Shame.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

I asked if there was another season coming because it seemed like this ended it. Do I or anyone else really care if Carrie keeps the baby or not? If she goes to Istanbul or wherever the hell it was they said she would go? Is there anything in the show without Brody? The only thing left at this point is exposing who the real Langley Bomber was but I find myself not really caring too much about that anymore.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

ctibbits wrote:I asked if there was another season coming because it seemed like this ended it. Do I or anyone else really care if Carrie keeps the baby or not? If she goes to Istanbul or wherever the hell it was they said she would go? Is there anything in the show without Brody? The only thing left at this point is exposing who the real Langley Bomber was but I find myself not really caring too much about that anymore.
The only thread they have to carry on with is the Iran thing and they have already hinted they have 'victory' there with peace agreements etc.

One good thing about series 4 - there should be no excuse to show any more of Brody's awful family (even his wife kept her top on throughout series 3 :evil: )
Last edited by murf on 30 Dec 2013, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.

arsene doesn't know
Grumpy Old Man

Post by arsene doesn't know »

murf wrote:
One good thing about series 4 - there should be no excuse to show any more of Brody's awful family (even his wife kept her top on throught series 3 :evil: )
:D

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fiso Cricket - The Limited Overs Game winner 2014

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

arsene doesn't know wrote:
murf wrote:
One good thing about series 4 - there should be no excuse to show any more of Brody's awful family (even his wife kept her top on throught series 3 :evil: )
:D
The scriptwriters have already confirmed the Brody bunch are ancient history.
I was thinking we should run a fiso sweepstake on the timing of Carrie's first postnatal public breakdown, not on the episode, but in which minute of episode 1.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Only just caught up.

Really enjoyed Series 1. Series 2 was ok (didnt not want to watch the latest series).

Series 3 was just ok… i saw it through (had watched the rest, so seemed folly not to).

But overall?
Nah - a bit poor.

Moist's comments re Dana - spot on. Made me chuckle.

She got on my knockers. Enough so that we almost abandoned it early on (when she was on the run with her boyfriend).

Coincidence that Carrie is a producer of the show and the pair of them spend the entire series frowning and/or having a quivering jaw?

Generally all the story lines were just ridiculous (and i'm speaking as a fan of Dexter) - but it was all "come off it" or "as if" sort of stuff.

And it was almost A-Team-esque Brody going from being a skag head (and being shot) and undernourished etc. etc being unable to run 10yards to then being marine core in 16days.

I was kinda hoping it would be THE end (Saul retired, Carrie preggers and off to Istanbul, Brodie dead). But just seen from the posts above that there is a 4th series?
Presumably/hopefully it might just be carrie in the middle-east doing some counter terrorist stuff. With the love angle gone - it might settle down in to an ok show again.

Sadly, im not sure I'll dare risk any more chin quivering.

Biggest grievance? The Venezuelan's daughter didnt have to get de-robed at any stage. Given the frequency of nudity on the first two series' I thought it was nailed on. I guess she doesnt go for skag heads who lie in their own mess.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio ... eason-four" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

No chance the hanging was faked then..?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Israeli original 'Prisoners Of War' now available as box set on Sky+ (Sky Arts).

2 minutes in and nobody has spoken or made a noise yet.....

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Showtime has been airing a short 15 minute "Debrief" since Sunday night. Basically gets new viewers up to speed and shows a glimpse of the 4th season. I assumed it would be starting this coming Sunday but it looks like they have announced the date for October 5th! I really shouldn't care sense it will more than likely continue its downward spiral but I sure am looking for some quality TV at the moment.

The Woolster
Grumpy Ball of Wool
Location: EECCC Division 3 Champion 08/09. EECCC Treble winner 2006/07
FS Record: 10th Daily Star 10/11. 11th Daily Mail 08/09. 19th Daily Star 11/12. 24th TFFE 05/06. 37th TFF 05/06. 52nd CYKI 08/09.

Post by The Woolster »

murf wrote:Israeli original 'Prisoners Of War' now available as box set on Sky+ (Sky Arts).

2 minutes in and nobody has spoken or made a noise yet.....
Finished series 2 recently, it's just so much better, acting is just superb.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Is it better than the first series of PoW?

I watched the first series, and whilst really good (and bearing little resemblance to Homeland) never really captured me. Acting was superb and characters were a lot deeper... But I got to the end and didn't have any desire to seek out S2. Weird because, I couldn't actually find fault with it.

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore

Just noticed last night the first 2 episodes of Homeland 4 are out there, if you know where to look.
Watched the opener, looked ok, the Carrie character has changed her attitude drastically, Quinn is now more like her.
Now they have thrown off Brodie it's looking more interesting.
The familiar faces were back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Must admit I did set I to record on Sky+ yesterday despite saying I would give up on it.

I'll watch 1 or 2 then decide.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Same for me I think.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

The first episode was aired in 2 parts here Sunday night. I watched the first part last night and admit it seems far better than last season (admittedly this is not saying much). I am unsure how it will pan out and if it will keep my attention but it does seem as if I can already tell where the plot line is going at this point. I suspect it will always remain a far cry from the masterpiece it began as though so guess it is wait and see.

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore

Good casting, the baby is a mirror image of her dad.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Really enjoyed the first episode. Is Carrie slowly turning in to Jack Bauer? :lol:

Hope it stays the course after a real dip in quality. Worth giving a second chance to those that gave up on it.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Enjoyed ep1. until Carries 'jack bauer' moment. A huge improvement on the last series already.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Episode 1 was good but they need a decent storyline to get me to stay on board.

PS Could our American viewers remember the approach on FISO is only to comment at the pace of UK network showings. No spoilers ta.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

murf wrote:Episode 1 was good but they need a decent storyline to get me to stay on board.

PS Could our American viewers remember the approach on FISO is only to comment at the pace of UK network showings. No spoilers ta.

Of course Murf...as far as I know I am the only American in this thread and have had lips sealed. Most of the time I am a week behind on the DVR anyway :)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Ta - fitb was also downloading ahead of time (probably from US TV sources originally)

Only spoiler so far was what the baby looked like :lol:

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore

murf wrote:Ta - fitb was also downloading ahead of time (probably from US TV sources originally)

Gingers all look the same to me.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:
murf wrote:Ta - fitb was also downloading ahead of time (probably from US TV sources originally)

Gingers all look the same to me.
I would tend to disagree...
redhead.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore

Without giving away too much, there are some very heavy sex scenes in this series.
And I wonder if Carrie will get over her ginger guy fixation before the end of episode 4.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Without giving away too much, there are some very heavy sex scenes in this series.
Is that a pun?

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Without giving away too much, there are some very heavy sex scenes in this series.

very good. :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:And I wonder if Carrie will get over her ginger guy fixation before the end of episode 4.
Sounds like she is on top of the situation.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”