Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

FantasyBet 2019/20

Post by Biddles32 »

Does anyone know much about fantasybet? I know it’s based on the fpl game and is very similar to this game but I’ve tried signing up for it tonight but finding g it difficult to upload verification data.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by quizking »

Biddles32 wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 22:54 Does anyone know much about fantasybet? I know it’s based on the fpl game and is very similar to this game but I’ve tried signing up for it tonight but finding g it difficult to upload verification data.
I joined them a couple of years ago for the world cup - was a real hassle with uploading (scan not allowed unlike other bookies, had to be a photo of docs/passport, all corners of document have to be visible) but once done after a few attempts all fine since, and they paid winnings within a couple of days (over £1k, no quibbles). But I'm not happy re their new "divisions" games - they are doing a premier game and a new championship version too, seems a bit gimmicky to me, I'd much prefer a season long game with no divisional splits, but I guess they are looking for an angle to be a bit different.
Note that they now have an arrangement with the telegraph, as the latest tff email plugs the fantasybet championship game (seeing as tff aren't running a championship version themselves this term i guess).
Also note that fantasybet also trade under different names - such as redsbet - but they are all the same competitions, check the smallprint. And check details re slight differences in game rules - for example I don't think there will be player price changes in fantasybet games, but there will be in fanteam games.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Just been having a look at these, fantasybet looks like it's similar to fanteam but a quarter of the price to enter and with fewer people playing. Although it's hard to see what's going on so I could be wrong. Is there anywhere I can see the full rules to the championship (or premier if not) fantasybet game? I've been looking round their website but it's hard to find out anything. For example the prize section, of what I assume is the game TFF was plugging, reads - "The best placed managers win entry tickets to the referenced game. If there is prize money left over after awarded tickets are distributed, it will be awarded to the runner up. Tie breaker rules apply." What the hell does that mean?

I'd like to play a championship game but it'd be nice to have some idea what I'm playing for and what you have to do to win :?

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

quizking wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 23:51
Biddles32 wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 22:54 Does anyone know much about fantasybet? I know it’s based on the fpl game and is very similar to this game but I’ve tried signing up for it tonight but finding g it difficult to upload verification data.
I joined them a couple of years ago for the world cup - was a real hassle with uploading (scan not allowed unlike other bookies, had to be a photo of docs/passport, all corners of document have to be visible) but once done after a few attempts all fine since, and they paid winnings within a couple of days (over £1k, no quibbles). But I'm not happy re their new "divisions" games - they are doing a premier game and a new championship version too, seems a bit gimmicky to me, I'd much prefer a season long game with no divisional splits, but I guess they are looking for an angle to be a bit different.
Note that they now have an arrangement with the telegraph, as the latest tff email plugs the fantasybet championship game (seeing as tff aren't running a championship version themselves this term i guess).
Also note that fantasybet also trade under different names - such as redsbet - but they are all the same competitions, check the smallprint. And check details re slight differences in game rules - for example I don't think there will be player price changes in fantasybet games, but there will be in fanteam games.
Thanks for the info :) I stumbled across the site myself from an email off TFF plugging the championship version and then found the prem game. As Art says very confusing with how they are advertising the prizes. It looks as though they are advertising 50k prize money at first but then when you look into it, is it a ticket to watch a prem game? Just dont know :?: For £5.50 an entry though seems decent. As i said before though i'm struggling uploading photos at the moment as they are saying its too big - and i'm not very techy.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Art Vandelay wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 09:27 Just been having a look at these, fantasybet looks like it's similar to fanteam but a quarter of the price to enter and with fewer people playing. Although it's hard to see what's going on so I could be wrong. Is there anywhere I can see the full rules to the championship (or premier if not) fantasybet game? I've been looking round their website but it's hard to find out anything. For example the prize section, of what I assume is the game TFF was plugging, reads - "The best placed managers win entry tickets to the referenced game. If there is prize money left over after awarded tickets are distributed, it will be awarded to the runner up. Tie breaker rules apply." What the hell does that mean?

I'd like to play a championship game but it'd be nice to have some idea what I'm playing for and what you have to do to win :?
Incomprehensible and no chance I'll be playing at such short notice. The Ladbrokes Scottish game does at least have rules and a prize structure - having said that, the person responsible for compiling it should be locked in a dark room with round the clock care.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FantasyBet 2019/20

Post by Art Vandelay »

I think the 'ticket' is a ticket to the next part of the contest. ie your score over the first 6 games determines what division you are allocated to, and then you can be promoted/relegated throughout the season. Exactly how many divisions there are and how the promotion/relegation is determined is anyone's guess.

I've sent them an email. If they reply explaining exactly how everything works and how the prizes are allocated, and it seems reasonable then I'll enter it. In the more likely scenario of them emailing me a link to some gibberish on the website or failing to explain everything clearly then I'm out. Will report back either way........

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

OK, Got a reply. Quite impressed with the response so I'm going to give it a go. Still a few things are unclear but they were helpful, apologetic, and seem to understand the game themselves at least, which is a step up from dealing with the likes of Silent Manager. The gist of it is........

The first 6 gameweeks of the Championship (or 2 in the Prem version) act as a qualifier to decide which division you will start in when the game's first 'mini-season' kicks-off in gameweek 7. The 'entry tickets' just means it's free entry to one of the divisions.There are four divisions with the toal users split equally between them. I'm assuming the number promoted or relegated at the end of the mini-season will depend on the number of entries.

A minimum of £10,000 (or 50 in the Premier) in prize money will be paid out regardless of how many enter. Prize distribution for the Prem game is Division 1: £3,500, Division 2: £1,000, Division 3: £694, Division 4: £361 and is paid after each mini-season. For the Championship it will be 600, 200, 150, and 50. They are going to add a FAQ section to help make things clearer.

So that leaves me just over one day to research the 16 or so championship sides I know absolutely nothing about......
Last edited by Art Vandelay on 05 Aug 2019, 00:05, edited 3 times in total.

czabby
Wideboy

Post by czabby »

Was looking to enter but too many players missing from the choices...no costa,flint,glatzel for example....shame as really enjoyed the telegraph one last year

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

have played it a fair bit since last season. no idea what the future holds but a good selection of contests and always been paid promptly.

i have no idea much beyond others posts of the way it fits in with other organisations but the 15-player game is fpl scoring and the 7-player game - usually for single game contests has it's own scoring clarified in tab, basically modified fpl.

a few minor blips but on the whole extremely well run.

have no idea if it will ever fold or the funds behind it but having made good headway in the market it would be daft to fold now - obviously won't stop it happening!

no probs that i know of settling on the under subscribed seasonal last year.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

OK, that's two fisoers vouching for them, that's good enough for me. I'm in 8-)

czabby wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 09:51 Was looking to enter but too many players missing from the choices...no costa,flint,glatzel for example....shame as really enjoyed the telegraph one last year
All three of those players are available :?
Last edited by Art Vandelay on 01 Aug 2019, 20:40, edited 2 times in total.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Art Vandelay wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 20:30 OK, that two fisoers vouching for them, that's good enough for me. I'm in 8-)

czabby wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 09:51 Was looking to enter but too many players missing from the choices...no costa,flint,glatzel for example....shame as really enjoyed the telegraph one last year
Of all the things to criticise about them this isn't one - All three of those players are available :?
They won't take my card, and no paypal option on this one :(

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

My payment went through fine, but I paid through Skrill.

Update on the prizes - The championship game is divided into 10 mini-seasons of 4 games each with the prizes for the four divisions being 600, 200,150, and 50.

FantasyVik
Cheetah

Post by FantasyVik »

Hi guys, I'm one of the founders of FantasyBet and will be happy to answer some questions.

We are very excited about the division concept, the main thing we want to achieve is to keep the season interesting until May. We know a lot of users fall behind and lose interest, and splitting the season up into smaller segments and adding promotion and relegation will hopefully keep the game interesting for all users. The two first gameweeks form a seeding game and you're placed in a division based on your position here. We had a test-run earlier, and

Adding the Championship was a bit of a last minute decision once we realised that the Telgraph wouldn't run a game and that there wouldn't be an offering at all. That's why we haven't been able to get all information out to the degree we would have wanted. Graphics explaining the prize structure etc are being made. We have added players today and changed some of the information displayed in the game rules, so some of the issues brought up in this thread have already been taken care of.

We have a very inconvenient depositing issue which affect a minority of users where deposits will not go through. That's probably what ffstuff experienced. It's a security issue that is keeping security a bit too tight, and we are working hard on fixing it. Hopefully we'll have it sorted tomorrow. It sometimes work if you try some hours later, but not always.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Hi FantasyVik,

Are the FPL Twitter influencers/players FantasyBet employ to promote the game, write articles, etc. eligible to win cash prizes?

FantasyVik
Cheetah

Post by FantasyVik »

Agent Overson wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 09:33 Hi FantasyVik,

Are the FPL Twitter influencers/players FantasyBet employ to promote the game, write articles, etc. eligible to win cash prizes?
Yes

czabby
Wideboy

Post by czabby »

I really like it now...only doing the championship the at the mo but as i get used to the website more i think its pretty easy to use...not keen on the squad thing but apart from that all good,fair prices and info now all up to date..and quite like the leagues thing...but confused though how it works with the allowed one transfer per game week if FantasyVik can advise

FantasyVik
Cheetah

Post by FantasyVik »

czabby wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 17:19 I really like it now...only doing the championship the at the mo but as i get used to the website more i think its pretty easy to use...not keen on the squad thing but apart from that all good,fair prices and info now all up to date..and quite like the leagues thing...but confused though how it works with the allowed one transfer per game week if FantasyVik can advise
Essentially same transfer rules as FPL. You receive one free transfer per gameweek, you can store up to two free transfers per gameweek, any additional transfers will cost -4 points.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Art Vandelay wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 00:48 A minimum of £10,000 (or 50 in the Premier) in prize money will be paid out regardless of how many enter. Prize distribution for the Prem game is Division 1: £3,500, Division 2: £1,500, Division 3: £694, Division 4: £361 and is paid after each mini-season.
Hi FantasyVik. Questions;

1. Is the above correct because if as we are told there are 9 mini comps during the season those figures added up and multiplied by 9 equals £54,495.

2. If £54k is correct the current numbers already signed up to the game, even allowing for a last minute surge, suggest that the entry fees will only cover a very small percenta but ge of the prize fund. This makes one doubt if the game will last the season. Am I being too harsh?

3. I can't see anything about verification of age/address etc but I'm assuming that this will be needed , as you are covered by gaming laws. I'm a total ignoramus in this area, (I've never even taken a photo using my mobile which is usually flat anyway, my generation of those long past retirement generally use land-lines) and a so-called help email from a similar organisation didn't enable me to do what they said was easy. So two questions how long can one play for until one must send copies of the relevant documents and secondly do you have a help-line (not an email response) so someone can talk me through the process step by step.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

The second tier prize should be £1000 not £1500 (will update my post).

FantasyVik
Cheetah

Post by FantasyVik »

Striker wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 20:26 Hi FantasyVik. Questions;

1. Is the above correct because if as we are told there are 9 mini comps during the season those figures added up and multiplied by 9 equals £54,495.

2. If £54k is correct the current numbers already signed up to the game, even allowing for a last minute surge, suggest that the entry fees will only cover a very small percenta but ge of the prize fund. This makes one doubt if the game will last the season. Am I being too harsh?

3. I can't see anything about verification of age/address etc but I'm assuming that this will be needed , as you are covered by gaming laws. I'm a total ignoramus in this area, (I've never even taken a photo using my mobile which is usually flat anyway, my generation of those long past retirement generally use land-lines) and a so-called help email from a similar organisation didn't enable me to do what they said was easy. So two questions how long can one play for until one must send copies of the relevant documents and secondly do you have a help-line (not an email response) so someone can talk me through the process step by step.
1. It's £3,500, £1,000, £694, £361. Times 9 that's £50k

2. We're sticking around! We've been operating since 2015. The cost of running these competitions are considered marketing costs as they are highly effective in bringing in new customers. Last season we ran a £100,000 season long competition.

3. Yes, we are required by the UK Gambling Commission to verify user's name, age and address. We can automatically verify age and address automatically for a large portion of UK customers using publicly available information. But at some point we will need a picture of identification and proof of address. We don't have a staffed helpline but if you send an email explaining what kind of assistance you require someone in our team would be happy to give you a call.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

hi viktor, isn't that £49995, maybe you could stretch to £362 for div 4 before trading standards get you ;)

juniors
Treebeard
FS Record: Won skysports f/football in the day of teletext , skysports formula 1. Daily mirror monthly winner, daily telegraph monthly winner, Daily Telgraph Championship 2017/18weekly winner 3 times

Post by juniors »

Hi all, posted this message on wrong game,, great start :roll: , can u still enter champoinship game , if not i can focus on premier game .

Thanks for any feedback .

Raceylady

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

For those already signed up, is the verification just a pic of my driving licence or do they need more?

littlefeller
Treebeard
FS Record: Sportsbox World Cup winner 2010
7th place TFF 2017

Post by littlefeller »

David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 16:17 For those already signed up, is the verification just a pic of my driving licence or do they need more?
2 items needed. One with photo such as driving licence or passport and second showing address such as utility bill.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

littlefeller wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 16:30
David Luiz Is A Hero wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 16:17 For those already signed up, is the verification just a pic of my driving licence or do they need more?
2 items needed. One with photo such as driving licence or passport and second showing address such as utility bill.
Cheers, couldn't see anything on the website saying exactly what they needed and reluctant to deposit funds until verified

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

Internal server error when uploading...

space
Kevin and Perry

Post by space »

Also getting error when I try to upload docs

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I emailed mine and they sorted it in a few hours

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

use support@fantasybet.com more chance of getting it sorted in time if sent straight away.

btw good luck at arsenal david ;)

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

12345678 wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 21:43 use support@fantasybet.com more chance of getting it sorted in time if sent straight away.

btw good luck at arsenal david ;)
Fuming, I'm going to have to change usernames across loads of sites, grav etc

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FantasyBet Fantasy Football”