To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

aurora's musings

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
aurora
FISOhead

Re: aurora's musings

Post by aurora »

I knew week 3 was always going to be brutal but this hurts, I'm out, Gnabry off, Ronaldo double, Poland 2 goals, Muller bit part appearance, Hazard nothing, Mbappe assists, Spain clean sheet, literally every single thing that could have gone wrong went wrong.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

Post by aurora » 19 Jun 2021, 22:15

GW1: 77.4 pts - 3,561th pos. - 28.4pts behind 1st place / 31,881 teams
GW2: 141 pts - 3,207th pos. - 46.9pts behind 1st place / 35,115 teams

not looking forward to the next game week.

GW1: Total: 77.4 pts - 3,561th pos. - 28.4pts behind 1st place / 31,881 teams
GW2: Total: 141 pts - 3,207th pos. - 46.9pts behind 1st place / 35,115 teams (63.6pts weekly)
GW3: Total: 187.7pts - 14,904 pos. - 84.4pts behind 1st place / 35,115 teams (46.7pts weekly)

FWIW

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I've been playing around with the wildcard, on second thoughts, tbh, I think I can make a comeback, having looked at the knockout phase draw and plotting my route to the final I think I've got this game by the balls, just need a couple of captain hat trick heroes, watch this space.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Ronaldo strikes again!! He scores past anyone it doesn't matter. With Alderweireld well past it and Vertonghen a shadow of his former self can see portugal scoring..

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

this is my team for the knockouts, I was going to post a long essay on reasoning but given my lowly position I can't be bothered :D

so in short, at this juncture you have to pick your finalists and build a team around them if you can, very difficult with budget constraints given my two finalists are France and England, I think the semi finalists will be France v Italy and England v Czech Republic, England/Germany by most people's reckoning is 50/50 but with only 1 team I have to go one way or another as surely whoever wins this gets to the final, so I've gone for England because the writing has been on the wall for Germany for a long time, bombed in the groups at the World Cup, battered by Spain 6-0 and losing to Macedonia, there most stand out result recently was the Portugal game where their wing backs overrunning them, Southgate is pragmatic enough to address this, they are there for the taking. Odds suggest Wales and Czechs are going out but those odds look way too big for me, hopefully at least 1 can get through, only issue with the two Czech subs is 1 is doubtful but both have a tendency to be taken off second half, I don't like this 5 subs rule idea.

anyway good luck to all those that have a realistic chance of winning something substantial, if my race is done here then at least I have enjoyed it.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Griezmann could be classed as quite differential now that we know Benzema is on pens and Mbappe generally a more popular choice and safer than Griezmann. So good luck with that, don’t think I did any coverage with him so I’m hoping he don’t haul!! 🙈

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Also brave to put 3 English men in against ze Germans!!

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

had to take a punt on Wales, hasn't come off, oh well, Denmark giving off vibes of 92.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

wow I got something right, Czech's can replace the Welsh, but of course no Holes

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I've entered the Wimbledon Freeze comp

the only tournament I've ever won on fanteam was a small tennis tournament

my picks are

Federer - Rublev - Shapovalov - Nishikori
Kenin - Badosa - Kostyuk - Osorio Sorrano

this is much more difficult than any football comp as you're never going to be satisfied with your 8 as ideally you want to pick the winner of each quarter to maximise points potential so as to have all 8 semi finalists, but try doing that and you're 50+mil over budget, regardless I usually try to pick the best value from each quarter anyway.

toyed with Cilic and Zverev for a while but in the end went with Federer, despite his age his fitness and form looked good at the French albeit a different surface, his knee holding up well

Rublev is the only threat to Novak in his quarter, Djokovic way too expensive at 27mil, picking him just lowers the calibre of the rest of your picks too much, don't usually like selecting Shapovalov but his draw looks fairly kind and had a decent grass court showing at Queens. Nishikori has had a lot of injuries over the years and is made of brittle sticks held together by sticky tape but he's been fit all season now with lots of matches under his belt, should be making the 4th round v probably Berrettini where it's 50/50 for me, at 13.5 mil needed good value somewhere.

Barty should win Wimbledon but had to avoid cost wise, speaking of Kost, I went with Kostyuk in her quarter, hoping she makes round 4 v Barty, she does have a couple of tricky matches first 3 rounds but seems like a half decent punt, has Bertens first round who has lost 6 of 7 matches this year and is an average grass court player, regardless of how she does I think she's the next star of the WTA. Badosa is going under the radar but has a soft draw til she meets Muchova round 4, one of the most in form players this year and Osorio was my weakest pick as I needed someone from the 4th quarter under 6 mil so she had to do, expectations are she wins 1 match, 2 at most, Sakarri could win the half of the draw. It was a choice between Kenin and Jabuer, Jabuer is one of the best grass players but Kenin's draw is that bit more hopeful.

anyway, hopefully I don't finish last as there's only a couple hundred of so entries so it's possible :D

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

GW1: Total: 77.4 pts - 3,561th pos. - 28.4pts behind 1st place / 31,881 teams
GW2: Total: 141 pts - 3,207th pos. - 46.9pts behind 1st place / 35,115 teams (63.6pts weekly)
GW3: Total: 187.7pts - 14,904 pos. - 84.4pts behind 1st place / 35,115 teams (46.7pts weekly)
GW4: Total: 242.3pts - 13,670 pos. - 118.4pts behind 1st place / 35,115 teams (54.6pts weekly)
GW5: Total: 301.3 - 8,893 pos. - 119.9pts behind 1st place / 35,115 teams (59pts weekly)

back ITM, 30 quid 8-)

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

my final team is 7 Italians and 3 Englishmen

Maguire - Stones - Bonnucci - Chillieni
Chiesa - Insigne - Verratti - Barella
Kane - Immobile (C)

-8pt hit

looking for a top 10377 place, which sounds pathetic but that's where my teams ended up, went against my own instinct a couple of time and paid for it. No doubt TTriBL will win, biggest player in the game, at least has the biggest life time profit, he speculates and he accumulates.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Surprised you didn't force 11 starters mate. Another -4 is effectively a +0.0/+0.3/+0.6 if you choose someone who starts and gets through to the final?

Mind you judging by my teams I'm not well placed to be giving advice!

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I probably should have done cbn

incidentally it was Emerson not Chiellini I brought in, though suppose not going the Spain route was worthwhile, no Morata, top team has him

thekaratekid
Kevin and Perry

Post by thekaratekid »

aurora wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 19:10 my final team is 7 Italians and 3 Englishmen

Maguire - Stones - Bonnucci - Chillieni
Chiesa - Insigne - Verratti - Barella
Kane - Immobile (C)

-8pt hit

looking for a top 10377 place, which sounds pathetic but that's where my teams ended up, went against my own instinct a couple of time and paid for it. No doubt TTriBL will win, biggest player in the game, at least has the biggest life time profit, he speculates and he accumulates.
How do you see the record of other fanteam players?

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

site called dfstats

Shrewd Morata backers laughing, comes on and scores, whereas my captain was taken off because Mancini wanted to protect a 1 goal lead with 1/3 of the match to go :roll:

I think it would be a fitting end to my season if Spain and Denmark went through to the final.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

finished in 7833 for a solid £10 profit.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

entered the Olympic tennis freeze competition, I was studying the top teams from the Wimbledon comp and it's definitely helped me to devise a strategy for this, even though it's a single entrant, finished half way down the table at SW19 so hopefully can do better in Tokyo.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

my team for the season, got off to a crap start, swapped Jorghino for Martinielli lastminute.com, I'm focusing more on dreamteam and some mini leagues though so will treat it as a bit of fun, 4mil itb to go Grealish > De Bruyne

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

need to get rid of Firmino, have 2 transfers free next week, can upgrade to Kane if I downgrade one of the subs, then there's Lukaku, can't have both, then there's De Bruyne

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

You can do Firmino :arrow: Antonio whilst they're still the same price.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I've missed the boat there already

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

You can still do it if you've got 2 transfers. It's whether you want to go against the crowd or play it safe for now. Antonio is heavily owned in the top 1000 and sandor even captained him in his top team. I think he will be more heavily backed for captaincy this week.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I'll be giving him a miss, there are other good options, will shoe-horn in a marquee player, a shame the international break is coming up next week, though I head some top players are being withheld by their clubs over quarantine issues, such as Salah.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

you can enter a late team for 143 points, my team has, wait for it....142.9 pts, I can hear Nelson from the Simpsons 'haha' in my head

rolling up my sleeves and bringing in Kane this weekend.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

entered a new team, and played the wildcard in my other team, 71.1pts from top, I haven't brought in Ronaldo, don't think he'll start.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Live scoring for tonight's Birmingham Derby match has been effing chaotic, and still is at last view, no running league table at all, and all my teams showing minus points despite having scored twice and keeping clean sheets. i think i've still gained a couple of big game tickets, but no way of knowing for sure - this all detracts from enjoyment of the contest and makes me less likely to enter these satellite tournaments again.

yep, just checked again, current best score is apparently minus 3 points, and that's with a full birmingham contingent.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

disappointed that Hirst was no longer available for me to pick with a wildcard/new team but those that started with him can still keep him

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I have entered 7 teams into the Champions League competition, hope I can have a decent run for my money :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”