To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fanteam €1 Million Premier League 20/21 Strategy & General discussion

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Fanteam €1 Million Premier League 20/21 Strategy & General discussion

Post by CBN »

17th, nice! There are certainly a fair few teams up the top without City so I could see some further big swings. I think I’d be about 40th if Sterling had scored that penalty! I may captain him this week as the ultimate go big or go home differential 😃

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

What are people thinking about second wildcard? Play it next week to set up for the second half of the season or hold onto it for fixture changes later in the season? Strategy seems much less clear cut than in FPL where you’re having to worry about how wildcard interacts with other chips.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Surprised how quickly things can change as so many teams fairly similar. Unfortunately for me in a bad way. Top 30 all season so far and two disastrous weeks have seen me drop out of top 100. Still hoping to climb back slowly rather than make any too rash decisions - long way to go and I’d have taken this position at start of season as not used to playing games with price changes. Good luck to all. Be good if a fisoer came back with the 200k.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

I'm creeping up. Currently 22nd.

Will have 10 dgw players plus kane or son next week. Debating the merit of a - 4

I am hoping that the effort put into growing budget will pay dividends as my bench is devoid of fillers.

Gap to the top is slowly coming down but I like the 3 players per team as it prevents all out blocks.

First year playing.... Would love a top ten.... Dreaming of higher

NortonGas
Kevin and Perry

Post by NortonGas »

51st for me but going in the wrong direction recently. Sterling (c) this week certainly didn’t help! Like CBN I’m tempted to go again though for GW19... may need to talk myself out of it!

I do think team value will come in to play as time goes on. I’m at 103.5m but that looks to be about 4m less than Yorkshire!

It will need lots of good decisions and good luck to have a run at the big money but it is still possible.

Selected rankings, current points and payout:

1st - 1257.5 (£200,000)
5th - 1235 (£25,000)
10th - 1217 (£8,000)
20th - 1208 (£2,500)
50th - 1191 (£1,000)
100th - 1178 (£400)
250th - 1163 (£250)
500th - 1141 (£100)
1000th - 1121.5 (£70)
5,659th -1054 (£30)

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

CBN wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 10:29 What are people thinking about second wildcard? Play it next week to set up for the second half of the season or hold onto it for fixture changes later in the season? Strategy seems much less clear cut than in FPL where you’re having to worry about how wildcard interacts with other chips.
I used first one as budget builder.... think surely you use it for a future dgw? FA cup and carabao also going to mean fielding 11 players tricky at some point

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Hell of a budget you have Yorkie. Got £104.8m in my team placed 81st. The teams I have with wildcard left have £102.3m.

Still very handily placed Norton! Good to see a few of us up there, should make things interesting at the business end :)

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

the way it is displayed with pending transfers is erroneous. if you look at some of those wildcarding they are on 111m+

I been talking with @ffstuff to understand how it is sourced and if it can be corrected. What it does is take your current team value ie GW18 and then adds the remaining balance from GW19 after transfers made.

My actual budget is 107.1m in top team as I have taken out someone for a player 0.2m cheaper.

My budget does allow one or two things - but as is always the case irrespective of budget the moves you really want to make are just stretch too far. A KDB, son, Bruno, salah midfield whilst retaining Kane.....

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Loads of fisoers up there - good to see! Seeing a lot of template midfields occurring now though. I was doing so well for a few weeks in top 100 but had a couple of bad weeks picking wrong captains and choosing Laporte over Dias cost me about 14 points at one point 😏 Still my high budget has come in handy for this week as I’ve been able to turn my team around including last week. If Kane gets more than one goal should be near the top 100 again as a lot of the teams with tremendous midfields (template) cannot afford Kane with a good defence. Let’s see how this week pans out....

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

I'm 0.1 short of the wildcard team I want. Who's a sure-fire price riser in coming days?

LoneGunner
Treebeard

Post by LoneGunner »

Irrespective whether he points v West Brom, Antonio has to be a contender. Goal v Burnley and he's also gone from whatever pittance he had to 32% ownership this week.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Cheers, stuck him Pereiera and a few others who've done well this weekend. Hopefully catch a couple of rises.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Chucked Stones in. Should be good for an increase 😆

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Deffo! And Dias got ten points tonight so he should rise again

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Brighton keeper Sanchez should too

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

P.s I don’t need to wildcard, half my team is gonna rise as it is now 🤣 had a mega week so far, two of my teams in the top 100 on the week so far with plenty more to play and I’ve moved into top 100 in the sun game. Buzzing!! 😁

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

See cbn has gone early on second wildcard.

Got 2x2 villa later this week so will be interesting to see how those to play unwind. Son hopefully off my bench provided zouma does not get minutes

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Good time to wildcard well played CBN. Don’t remember the first week of the second wildcard being so gifted. 8 increases today 😳Even if you got 6 of them you’d be happy. Reckon they’ll be none on Saturday and maybe one or two on Sunday and a few on Monday then that’ll be it as new gameweek starts Tuesday evening. So wonder how many they’ll be tomorrow, Thursday and Friday..... From what I remember CBN’s team only had between 102-103 (102.8 I think) budget before he started wildcard so no need to worry to much Yorkie 😉

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

More a case of choosing when you needed a refresh of team. Think I probably wait for game weeks with teams missing eg carabao cup final etc. See how it pans out

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Next international break get budget up more in them like the first one. Where yourself and I went up loads. You’ve pulled away quite abit since but I should be approaching 107 in the coming weeks

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

I only started on €102m. Caught €1.0m of rises so far so have done very well. But staggering the budgets you guys have - sobering :(

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Up to 103.9 so made 1.9 so far (not sure if will be any tomorrow). Think I only missed two no pretty good going. KDB injury has helped as don't really need the full budget at the moment.

ludermor
Treebeard

Post by ludermor »

What rating did you use for the rises CBN? Is form still the most predictable or recent score?

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

I just went for short termism, basically anyone who did well at weekend just gone rose...

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Decent week to go for rises..... And avoiding drops

My budget grown slightly but took a - 4 this week.

Hoping the expensive players start firing so that budget becomes important

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Yeah budget moot when people prefer Gundogan to Salah :lol:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 00:13 I’d not compound my mistake and bring in Werner and captain him Ste to make it worth while.

Your team will be stronger overall for it and you can dump Soucek next week.
I always come back to this post whenever I need a good chuckle :lol:

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 19:16
RickyRosa wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 00:13 I’d not compound my mistake and bring in Werner and captain him Ste to make it worth while.

Your team will be stronger overall for it and you can dump Soucek next week.
I always come back to this post whenever I need a good chuckle :lol:
Never letting this one go are you 😂

I benched Soucek but got lucky as Tierney is out, so im getting his points again like have done most of the season 😁

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

A slightly statto type question but one which frank ffstuff and/or others might know more about - fanteam images and indeed ff stuff showing what I think to be somewhat unusual ownership stats - 100% for salah and fernandes, as well as huge ownerships for the main players (92% son and 90% kane for example), shurely shome mishtake in terms of budget possiblitlies if nothing else, let alone the reality that there will be many hundreds of "fallow" teams with a more random selection of players. Also contradicted by the owndership graphs on ffstuff from january 16th, with fernandes as most owned player at the time with what looks like 86% of the top 1000 teams. A glitch? Fanteam using perhaps (an unlikely scenario) a small sample which just happens to have 100% ownership for both salah and fernandes? Thoughts and/or info anyone? Stats were late updating live at the start of tonight's matches, but at least they get corrected eventually, no change yet on these most unlikely ownership stats, unless i'm missing something (which isn't impossible, i've never found the UX great on fanteam).

LoneGunner
Treebeard

Post by LoneGunner »

Glitch in their system (not uncommon). Some players have what could be correct ownership (e.g. Cresswell, 32%) and then Bamford currently has 84%. He's recently traded around 35-40% from rough memory. There'll be a gremlin in pulling the percentages on the FanTeam site. Possibly related to the other bug you mention from earlier tonight, with the live positions not updating until part-way through the first half; some wider data table issue.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”