Fantasy Bundesliga - Preview German €50K Monster

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Fantasy Bundesliga - Preview German €50K Monster

Post by admin »

Here is a copy of a Preview of the German €50K Monster:

The waiting has finally come to an end. The German Bundesliga is starting again, and to make this news even better: this top league from Germany is also arriving at Fanteam.com!

On Saturday there will be a huge 50.000€ GTD tournament at Fanteam.com, called the “German Monster”.

1st Place will win incredible 10.000€ and the buy-in for each team is just 20€!

The following 8 matches are included in this tournament:
Matches-2020May-16-17.png
How does it work?

If you did not know Fanteam before, to play in this huge tournament is very easy.

You have a budget of 100.0M to build your team with 11 players in it.

You may choose up to 3 players from each team.

You also have to choose one captain for your team, this player will receive x2 points, so choose wisely! Another player has to be vice captain, he will be captain, if your initial captain does not play.

Then you can lean back and watch the matches and hope your players will get you glory and 10.000€.

Possible team

Now want to show you a possible team for this tournament. Maybe it can give you some inspirations or new ideas. Therefore i did not choose any players from the 2 biggest clubs Munich and Dortmund, to make it a bit more interesting, besides the typical players such as Lewandowski, Müller, Sancho, Haaland and so on. At the end i’m giving you some explanation, why i have chosen this specific team.
Team-2020-May16-17.png
Gladbach:
I’ve chosen Lainer and Bensebaini as my defender, because Gladbach is a very stable team in the defensive.
So far they only had to concede 30 goals in 25 matches in this season, only Leipzig and Munich are stronger in this statistic with only 26 goals against them.
Both are also very strong in the offensive. In only 1138 minutes so far this season for Gladbach Bensebaini scored 4 goals and 2 assists.
Lainer scored 1 goal and 3 assists in 1903 minutes.
Both also often flank into the penalty area, where Plea is lurking.
I choose him as a forward, because he already scored 8 goals and 7 assists so far in this season in 22 matches.

Wolfsburg:
For the defence i’ve chosen Mbabu, in the midfield Arnold, and as a goalkeeper Casteels.
Wolfsburg only had to concede 30 goals, same as Gladbach, that’s why Casteels seems to be a very cheap goalkeeper with a price of only 7.7M
Mbabu is a very offensive full-back who scored 1 goal and 1 assist so far in only 884 minutes this season.
Arnold is a powerhouse in the midfield with already 3 goals and 6 assists in this season.
It was a close decision for Arnold and against Brekalo, who would also be a good choice in my opinion with 3 goals and 4 assists.
At Wolfsburg you could also be a little tricky and choose Ginczek as a forward.
Not many will have him on the roster at Fanteam, but because Weghorst is suspended due to yellow cards, Ginczek will most likely start as centre forward.

Leipzig:
Mukiele, Nkunku and Werner are my choices here.
Mukiele is a very strong right-back who already scored 3 goals and 2 assists in this season.
Leipzig also has a good chance for a clean sheet at home against Freiburg.
In the offensive Nkunku and Werner are a perfect duo.
Nkunku already scored 4 goals and 14(!) assists, while Werner already scored 21(!) goals and 7 assists.
That is the reason why they are also my captain and vice captain here.

Hertha:
Hertha is looking like an interesting gamble here in the offensive against Hoffenheim.
They have a new coach with Labbadia and what you can read in articles it seems like the team is loving him. He could give Hertha a nice push, especially in his first match here as a coach.
I choose Dilrosun and Piatek here for my team, as they are also a strong duo.
Dilrosun scored 3 goals and 2 assists in 20 matches, it was a close decision between him and Wolf, who scored 1 goal and 5 assists in 23 matches.
As a forward Piatek is my choice, he just came to Berlin in winter at the end of January from AC Milan and i’m pretty sure he will show his skills during the last weeks of this season and he is also pretty inexpensive with just 7.1M.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Fantasy Bundesliga - Preview German €50K Monster

Post by CBN »

Looking forward to this. Finally some football to watch :D

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Here's our team suggestion for this weekend:

https://www.fiso.co.uk/fanteam-german-e ... -may-2020/

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

is site down ?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Leipzig looked poor and wasteful. Hertha much improved under the new manager and their assets could prove useful in the upcoming weeks.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Am curious, having done well so far (but with a three games still to play of course) in the freeroll game, but not able within the fanteam pages to see how the €50k monster is panning out - how many entries are there, and what are the leading scores? Many players will have lewandowski as captain, but am also thinking that many of those will have haaland as vc so the current scores will be distorted somewhat - for example if lewandowski does feature but doesn't score, those entries scores will come down.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

No worries, having looked around the site and changing settings, found that there are 2574 entries, leader on 93.5

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Screenshot_20200516-212432.png
Current leader's team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Video guide aimed at this weekend:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Here's FISO's team for the weekend GW27:

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Hi Admin,
Idling away a rainy Sunday afternoon :) I know little about the German league but I have re-read your two GW Fiso team previews and reasons for chosing players...
I'm a firm believer in using the knowledge of others :P (paid Bookmaker employees/odds setters etc :) ) and others that seem in the know, to do the legwork for me . :wink:

Looking for a strategy... :roll:
I have had a brief look at top teams in leagues and a few multi entrants to see how they play,

It appears at first glance the game is best played in blocks, for example the leaders at the moment have 3 x Werder Bremen who looked ordinary last GW but kept a clean sheet.
So an advantage to those teams with three of them (two defence)
They also seem to be concentrating on teams that are closer in the betting and using blocks on the outsider of the two, for example the in form Havertz and two others from Leverkusen, against the "stable defence" of Gladbach.

While my pin strategy has not been encouraging, I am hoping that I can learn something from these two GW and use the block strategy in coming GWs while waiting for EPL to resume.
I also had a dable in something called Draft and Go against five others, and another 2 team game, :wink: using the pin strategy -just to see how it works :D
It might be easier as a Rookie for entertainment, to play small stakes games against fewer opponents when in a league I know not much about. :)

So thanks for your Previews 8-)
and if anyone else has strategy to share :?: :?: :?:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

The Fantasy Bundesliga Monster previews on the Fanteam Blog are interesting reads with lots of stats and recommended picks. One preview was by last week's winner who, not surprisingly, lives in Germany.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Yeah :) I was thinking this being a fantasy football forum with not much else to do ATM people who spend hours on stats and strategy playing six million people for diddly squat might like to discuss games with an incentive 👍

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

wahine wrote: 24 May 2020, 20:41 Yeah :) I was thinking this being a fantasy football forum with not much else to do ATM people who spend hours on stats and strategy playing six million people for diddly squat might like to discuss games with an incentive 👍
Seems most are a bit too focused on the EPL.

FWIW, after 2 fail weeks I have realised that the top 5 and bottom 3 care and the rest don't. And that's about all I have.

This week should be fun given Tuesday's game ...

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

so, start from there raoul :wink:
Paderborn have Leipzig and Dortmund coming up - they need to get a result against Augsburg - right :?:
that could be the first Block team midweek with something to play for :?:

Who is the must have team from the top teams?
Bayern favs to beat Dortmund then sail on through to Champions ?
Dortmund because a win puts them firmly in the hunt?
Leipzig because its the easiest fixture will be popular - or do we go against the most obvious?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I've realised that home advantage doesn't matter one iota. It seems like nobody wants that final European spot as both Freiburg and Schalke were pathetic at the weekend.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

thank you BLOCKHEAD :) I saw your poll :( (it's like getting blood out of a stone :) )
so Shalke are v Dusseldorf and Freiburg v Frankfurt
Would Dusseldorf who are "now more solid defensively, but" ... :roll: be worth a block :?:

Thanks Admin for putting up the preview and confirming my own Gladbach block
I'm wondering if the price on Lewandowski is worth it :?: given he's not getting hauls :?:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Home advantage seems to more of a disadvantage with no fans!

Our preview for today's Midweek Monster starting at 5.30pm which is a Pursuit tournament - https://www.fiso.co.uk/fanteam-german-e ... -may-2020/

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Our preview for this weekend (GW29):

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Thanks Boss 8-) it looks a winning team to me :) , I will base my attempt on that template, with a couple of variations :roll: , then off to do some paid surveys to fund my PalPal account... :D

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

FanTeam are doing an offer for tomorrow - deposit 100 euros and enter 5 x 20 euro teams and they will give you a free 20 euro ticket. If you take up their offer, let me know your FanTeam username and I'll message them or contact FanTeam Fantasy Sport direct on twitter.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Hi. I have entered identical teams in the fiso league and the €2 monster. Bonus points are showing different for each team even though same captain/ vice captain selected.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Gary

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

I would guess bonus points are determined as the difference between your player value total and that of the most expensive team entered so far in each of the respective leagues? That would explain it, but not if the bonus points are worked as difference between your team cost and the most expensive possible team (which would be the same value in both leagues). Thoughts?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

To check I've changed my autocomplete freeroll entry to match the early entry team per the fiso preview article which is entered in the €20 comp and I also get different bonuspoints.

The €20 entry has 10.24 bonus points. The freeroll entry has 12.8 bonus points which, after I submit the team, then increases to display 29 bonus points. All other figures are the same including the overall budget of 178m. I thought I'd set up the freeroll the same as the Monster. I'll see if Fanteam can answer this.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Thanks for the reply not cracking up just yet then!

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

The answer is that in the official German Monster a hundred thousand is worth 0.04 extra head start points but in the Freeroll it's 0.05. Looks like they've reduced the Monster bonus points calculation.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

P.S. FanTeam also say that the bonus points calculation has been changed since this is 11 players now. It's not always fixed to 0.05.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Our preview for this weekend (GW30). Fingers crossed for a Hoffenheim CS and some goals from Chelsea target, Werner.

https://www.fiso.co.uk/fanteam-german-e ... june-2020/

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

admin wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 13:27 Our preview for GW31 13/14 June:

https://www.fiso.co.uk/fanteam-german-e ... june-2020/
Have replaced Haaland (with Weghorst) as he's on the bench and no other Dortmund striker starting which if he doesn't come on and do something could mean zero points for someone who cost lots of bonus points.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”