To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Should CL freeze be Cancelled ?

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
Yarmolarmolenko
Wideboy

Should CL freeze be Cancelled ?

Post by Yarmolarmolenko »

with City v Madrid called, off, Barca to played behind closed doors, which takes away home advantage, alongside other games already, quarters and semis may be played over 1 leg, etc.....think they should cancel this and refund everyone, nobody signed up to this.

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Should CL freeze be Cancelled ?

Post by Hotpot »

What exactly are you proposing they refund?

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i've raised this and other questions and unsurprisingly and understandably no decisions have been made.

when the citeh game was off they settled the weekly monster on games played. i thought at the time this was correct but not quite so certain now.

'Termination of a tournament
In the case a fantasy tournament or other game is terminated prematurely or cancelled due to any reason, the players will be fully refunded within 3 working days from the cancellation time.'

the citeh game not completing would mean it was 'terminated prematurely' to me and maybe they should have refunded after all!

instead they used this general rule 'According to our General daily fantasy rules, a match needs to be started within 48 hours of the original match starting time, for it to be included in the points scoring. If it is not started at 17:30 on Tuesday, February the 11th, or sooner, players from this match will receive 0 points in all the daily fantasy tournaments affected (for example the Big Four 15k).' clearly those are 'daily fantasy rules', not seasonal.

the question is 'was the tournament 'terminated prematurely' or not. i thought they did the right thing but the rules do seem contradictory on reflection.

on the face of it that would mean that the 2x cancelled CL games should score '0' but given that EPL fixtures slot back in seasonal when moved around i would assume the same will happen with the citeh & juve games.

there is nothing under EPL or CL stating the rules so the general rules apply.

i can't see anything due to dates that suggests they can't go past the original planned final days of seasons/cups etc.

with regard to finals of say SCOFF and WCOFH i can't see anything that says they need to refund if they are delayed.

if the EPL is terminated early then it would seem to me refunds should be made per their rules and the same with CL, but then they settled with that monster week which on reflection maybe they were not entitled to do after all.

downside of all of this is that it is all a bit messy, upside is it leaves some scope for common sense.

so basically i have come to the conclusion that neither we nor they have a clue how this should be resolved.

don't expect any decisions until we know what is happening would be my view.

whilst i disagree with some of their decisions i beleieve they are a professional outfit and should make sensible decisions but against that there will always be a temptation to find a way to settle a tournament rather than refund.

my best guess is that euro 2020 becomes euro 2021.

the season is extended by maybe as much as a month.

the EPL has a break from next weekend.

all a guessing game really ;)

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

so (purely on CL) basically i don't think they can or should refund unless the tournament is abandoned in which case they should refund rather than settle to date.

if rounds are single game i don't see they need to refund/abandon.

the citeh and juve games should in my view still count, i don't see there is anything in the rules forcing them to treat as '0' scores and captain should be honoured as in the original round.

it's a shame and a bit daft extra time isn't included, but that is another issue ;)

if they score '0' for the two delayed games then yeah there is more of an argument to abandon and refund.

they seem to have stopped posting here which is a shame but not that surprising, no doubt admin will get some kind of response but i wouldn't expect any decisions that soon!

Yarmolarmolenko
Wideboy

Hotpot wrote: 12 Mar 2020, 17:55 What exactly are you proposing they refund?
The Fairycakes and chocolate calendar I kindly sent them at Christmas for doing such good work over the last year, everyone's panic buying and I need some food back to stock up......refund the 25 euro's FFS what else :lol:

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

Yarmolarmolenko wrote: 12 Mar 2020, 21:57
Hotpot wrote: 12 Mar 2020, 17:55 What exactly are you proposing they refund?
The Fairycakes and chocolate calendar I kindly sent them at Christmas for doing such good work over the last year, everyone's panic buying and I need some food back to stock up......refund the 25 euro's FFS what else :lol:
Apologies, I hadn't paid attention to the forum this was in. :oops:

:lol:

Yarmolarmolenko
Wideboy

:)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”