Season long comp - Raoul's Bid for Glory RMT

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
raoul
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Season long comp - Raoul's Bid for Glory RMT

Post by raoul »

Not sure whether an RMT thread in a money game makes any sense but having just thrown my WC into oblivion I thought I would share the madness.

Had issues with GW28 needing hits to get any team out, let alone a decent team, and also thinking a squad without Salah or Mane was perhaps not wise.

Add to that a valuable squad value and money itb, and this is what I have gone with:

Henderson / Pope

Henderson has been great for me this season, and I see no reason to get rid. Pope is in almost entirely for GW28 and GW31.

TAA / Boly / Egan / Pereira / Taylor

I have had a Liverpool triple up in defence, but decided I needed Salah and Mane. Plenty of cheap options here, and a couple of GW31 players.

Salah / Mane / KdB / Martial / Traore

Power midfield. What's not to like. If Son was still around then he would be in for Martial, but hey ho.

Jimenez / Ings / DCL

Dropping Vardy feels wrong, but Jimenez has fixtures and GW31 locked up so...

It is done.

GW31 and 32 are going to be fun to manage ... I cannot work out what I want to happen in the FA Cup matches, so will just wait and see how bad my situation becomes :shock:

Current position = 501st.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FanTeam Winner

Re: Season long comp - Raoul's Bid for Glory RMT

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Pope is a great pick - his returns over the past few GWs have seen me rocket up the table.

5 of your front 8 match mine so you'll need the defence or attacking differentials to score big if you want to catch and overtake those near the top. Could be done if you hit the correct Mane/Salah captain choice almost every week from now until the end of the season.

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: Season long comp - Raoul's Bid for Glory RMT

Post by raoul »

Up to 377th. Dropping Vardy turned out to be an act of genius, and while I did not rake in that many points DCL and Jimenez saved me.

I now find myself with 15 very playable players and wondering who to leave on the bench this weekend. At the moment it might have to be KdB :shock:

Used my FT to change Martial to Maddison, which now looks like a bit of a waste, but with such a strong looking XV it is not a great concern. Should have picked Bruno F of course, but there you go.

This week is of course now a waiting game to see where we will be at for GW31 and beyond, but Traore might have to be leaving.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”