To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Man City vs West Ham postponed - refunds?

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Man City vs West Ham postponed - refunds?

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I'm sure most of us chose our weekender teams packed with Man City players and captained one of them.

So what's the refund policy here?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Man City vs West Ham postponed - refunds?

Post by Dot »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 12:21 I'm sure most of us chose our weekender teams packed with Man City players and captained one of them.

So what's the refund policy here?
It begins with ' F ' and ends with 'All'

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

FanTeam are waiting for further info on the match (I assume when it will be postpone to) before they decide on what happens.

Really they should have a specific policy but I can't quickly see one in the rules.

6 Everton players may have been the best team this weekend.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I very much doubt it will be rearranged for next weekend as both clubs will want their winter breaks.

The game will take place later in the season when there is massive fixture pile-up for Man City. It will be a vastly different lineup from the one they would have put out today.

Sterling will be back then too which will be a slap in the face for those who chose Jesus and Aguero this weekend - both were likely to start given Sterling's injury and the fact they both started together in the Villa win recently. I believe safety net won't cover for that if that's how FanTeam try to justify keeping this weekends game with the Man City vs West Ham points being collected at a later date.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

I’d say it makes most sense the fixture will be played this tues or weds.... that way they still get a reasonable break of 10 or 11 days though would probably need to be back for training in 7-8 days so a week off.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

West Ham unlikely to agree to that if it looks like they can play a weaker Man City side later on in the season instead.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

The F.A need to step in and give them no choice

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

That'll be the same FA that pushed the League into arranging the winter break for reasons of player welfare.

Yep. Gonna happen....

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Dear FanTeam player,

As you may know, the match between Manchester City and West Ham was postponed yesterday because of extreme weather. At this time, there is no official notice on when the match will be played, but it seems unlikely that it will happen anytime soon.

According to our General daily fantasy rules, a match needs to be started within 48 hours of the original match starting time, for it to be included in the points scoring. If it is not started at 17:30 on Tuesday, February the 11th, or sooner, players from this match will receive 0 points in all the daily fantasy tournaments affected (for example the Big Four 15k).

In the Premier League season game, the match will reappear in a later gameweek where Manchester City will most likely have a double GW.

All single match tournaments for this fixture will be cancelled and all stakes will be returned to participants, if the match has not started within the 48-hour window.

Obviously, this outcome will be bad news for some participants in the daily fantasy tournaments (and especially in the Big Four 15k), and we are sorry for that. Such incidents are thankfully rare, and we can only hope it will be a long time until something as unfortunate as this happens. We thank you for your understanding in this matter and wish you the best for the rest of the week!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Great way to alienate a lot of the casual players they claim to care so much about. Nearly all of the single entrants would have had Man City players in the Big Four 15K.

Think I will just stick to the seasonal game from now on.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Should have given all single entries a free ticket as a good will gesture. They are the lifeblood of this thing getting mainstream traction.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

They've already paid out now - looking at major losses if they give out free tickets to all of the single entrants. It's also a little unfair on the people who entered just the 2 teams.

Best thing they could have done was cancel all of the weekender competitions involving the Man City Vs West Ham game. That way they keep most customers happy and don't lose future business.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i lost - hate these short runs ;) had little chance anyways with most cash down the tube backing a sheff utd or everton c/s.

bottom line is they had no choice, they are their rules.

whether they want to look at them again i dunno, say it was a 10 game slate and watford norwich was abandoned do we want the game null n void?

i can't see an improvement on their rules over this meself but take the point players may be alienated and obviously they need to take that on board.

as they say it is a rare occurrence, do we really want contests voided with 10 games and one abandonment for example?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

No we don't want competitions cancelled when a game between lower teams get cancelled on a 10 game weekend. However, this was a 4 game comp where Man City were the only "Big 6" team in action - all the casuals would be drawn towards their game and now they are out pocket with no enjoyment had.

Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kaikkipunaselle »

Feel bad for those who went into the the Big Four 15k with Man City players in all of their teams, fortunately I didn't participate at all. Now that the MCI-WHU game itself has been rescheduled for next Wednesday it will still stay on GW26. So no harm done for the seasonal game.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”