To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Champions League Knockout Freeze 100k GTD

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Champions League Knockout Freeze 100k GTD

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I set up my teams with two-legged fixtures in mind trying to predict the 4 semi-finalists. If Uefa change the format of the competition into one-game knockouts at a neutral venue (like Istanbul) then that works against my strategy of banking on the extra games.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Mine too.

My entire strategy was based around picking multiple teams with bias towards my predicted quarter/semi finalist.

A sort of tortoise and the hare strategy where despite an ok start I predicted the early runners with the more obscure captains like Atalanta and Leipzig captains would get knocked out leaving my big hitters like messi and ronaldo to catch me up in the semis and final....

Seems unfair and unlike the premiership game which as long as they play all the fixtures is still imop viable I don’t think this one is and we should be refunded

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

For those who went big on Leipzig - Werner will be leaving in July and won't be playing for them in the Champions League.

It's also been confirmed that Champions League will be played as single match knockouts from the quarter final onwards - I wonder if and when FanTeam will end up addressing this?

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Was a shambles of a comp from the beginning. Surely voiding the only option?

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

thought the comp was ok tbh.

agree though it should now be voided on the basis that unlike the epl the format has been changed and therefore fixtures will be missing from the original format.

that clearly changes the comp totally.

for instance tick over midfielders i have gone for some of, you clearly would have been less likely to pick in a shorter comp and similarly attacking midfielders would have been more favoured from weaker teams.

the contract situation is an added complication.

that said they seem to do the opposite of what i consider just and equitable, taking the view they can do what the hell they like including censoring any dissent when they can as simon knows ;)

still on the whole well designed games but some of the decision making is beyond questionable.

i expect them to just let it roll as will my eyes, as it is very clearly the wrong decision.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”