To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

fanteam operative on the lemonades or beer spilt in the revaluation program? ;)

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
Dumbledore

fanteam operative on the lemonades or beer spilt in the revaluation program? ;)

Post by 12345678 »

star oddity in today's revaluations was abraham staying at 6.9 after a goal and assist and being the most bought player in fpl whilst the most sold player jiminez who also blanked went up 0.1!

doesn't really tie in with the idea of sales/buys and form changing prices.

a few other oddities (too many to mention all) lundstram up 0.1 after a 0-2 loss, KDB up 0.1 after no attacking contributions, already highly priced, lowly priced ings remains static after goals in successive games and being well bought, mount stays the same after getting back on the scoresheet despite his low price, after scoring 2x rashford goes DOWN 0.1 :lol:

someone appears to have been twisting a lemon or something like dat ;) :lol:

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Re: fanteam operative on the lemonades or beer spilt in the revaluation program? ;)

Post by Biddles32 »

They work the price changes from a historical average (not from the most recent gameweek) So just pointing out one player in particular - Harry Wilson will probably go up next Tuesday(10th) or Friday(13th) which are the main price change days as he got 2 goals on the 30th November but still waiting for a rise.

Hope this helps

Ben

Dumbledore

Re: fanteam operative on the lemonades or beer spilt in the revaluation program? ;)

Post by 12345678 »

hi ben,

i agree that historical averages are being used. to a certain extent obviously my post was a bit 'tongue in cheek'

however they stated current form and buys/sells would be used to work out revaluations.

my suspicion is that the latest set of revaluations ignored all midweek data, including buys and sells.

otherwise abraham still goes up for example and i can't see rashford going down.

i think they have made themselves look stupid here.

what worries me always when a game is impacted on by off field decisions such as revaluations is that some may gain an unfair advantage by being tipped off as to what is going on.

in bygone days at SDT HQ this seemed to happen at pre season meets.

i am not saying anything untoward has gone on but when large amounts of cash are involved i think you need to be whiter than white.

it is pretty clear something has gone wrong here, even taking into account your undoubtedly correct comment re 'historical average' and my best guess is that midweek scores and buys/sells were not even taken into account in this set of revaluations.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Re: fanteam operative on the lemonades or beer spilt in the revaluation program? [emoji6]

Post by Agent Overson »

How many FanTeam employees are playing the seasonal?

How many friends of FanTeam employees are playing the seasonal?

It’s not going to be zero.

As price changes are manual and some sometimes completely unexplainable, it’s natural to wonder if something fishy is going on.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

it appears to be an issue of time delay re actioning them, which is i think unacceptable.

so as ben says expect harry wilson to go up next time for instance and presumably rashford too as today's revaluations would appear to be nothing to do with the midweek fixtures!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

clearly if you know this is going on, as it seems ben does, it is a big advantage, that is the trouble if you do not operate in a transparent way, your competition can then become tainted as there is a possibility of some being 'tipped off'. i've always liked a fair and even game.

it is also patently obvious that doing a revaluation that ignores the most recent buys and sells and even the most recent fixtures is completely and utterly ridiculous!

whether they now change it or not who knows, but potentially anyone who realised they are not doing what they said they would and ignoring the most recent games for revaluations has been at a big advantage.

that simply cannot be right when people have paid to enter and it is patently daft to do revaluations not including the latest fixtures!

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

12345678 wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 13:39 hi ben,

i agree that historical averages are being used. to a certain extent obviously my post was a bit 'tongue in cheek'

however they stated current form and buys/sells would be used to work out revaluations.

my suspicion is that the latest set of revaluations ignored all midweek data, including buys and sells.

otherwise abraham still goes up for example and i can't see rashford going down.

i think they have made themselves look stupid here.

what worries me always when a game is impacted on by off field decisions such as revaluations is that some may gain an unfair advantage by being tipped off as to what is going on.

in bygone days at SDT HQ this seemed to happen at pre season meets.

i am not saying anything untoward has gone on but when large amounts of cash are involved i think you need to be whiter than white.

it is pretty clear something has gone wrong here, even taking into account your undoubtedly correct comment re 'historical average' and my best guess is that midweek scores and buys/sells were not even taken into account in this set of revaluations.
Your right I don't think the most recent match results matter at all. Apart from the first week or two of the season where I think a few prices went up straight away following matchday results. You'll likely see Abraham rise again next Friday by my prediction or the Tuesday after that. Its hard to understand when we don't really know any formula but all we can do is study patterns.

The people who are involved/developers in the game obviously know when and what prices are going to happen and could HELP people who have ENTERED the game. I'd like to think this isn't happening but it obviously does in all aspects of life. We've just got to be smarter :D

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i would add it seems clear this is what is going on when there are midweek fixtures, with weekend only whilst there will still be a time delay i am not sure it will go past a new GW before the old GW kicks in as is happening here. i often chat with rui and he was mentioning last week that the price changes of jesus made no sense, so i thought i would take a look this week. we now realise why the timing of price changes for jesus made no sense, same thing time delays!

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

12345678 wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 14:20 clearly if you know this is going on, as it seems ben does, it is a big advantage, that is the trouble if you do not operate in a transparent way, your competition can then become tainted as there is a possibility of some being 'tipped off'. i've always liked a fair and even game.

it is also patently obvious that doing a revaluation that ignores the most recent buys and sells and even the most recent fixtures is completely and utterly ridiculous!

whether they now change it or not who knows, but potentially anyone who realised they are not doing what they said they would and ignoring the most recent games for revaluations has been at a big advantage.

that simply cannot be right when people have paid to enter and it is patently daft to do revaluations not including the latest fixtures!
When I did my first overhaul I would have changed my strategy massively if I had worked out what was going on. :roll: I didn't realise about the delayed price changes until about gameweek 8 I think it was.... If i was in my second year in now playing this game format which maybe quite a lot are (particularly the multi's) i'd be a lot further up the leaderboard.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

agreed like most providers fanteam need to reconsider their lack of transparency or their game will remain 'tainted' and entrants will then be put off and their honesty may even be put into question in some quarters which is the last thing you want if running pay to play games!

tbh i don't personally think they have an agenda nor that they are intentionally trying to avoid a level playing field.

i think it is the usual reasons, laziness, incompetence and failing to understand how their game works, something we saw in tff in recent times and saw the prize for that going down from a not unreasonable £50k in recent times to £10k as entries fell apart.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i've always shared issues to help others on fiso, either rightly or wrongly, i know some very good players who would just keep quiet. i really think ultimately that is even counter productive for the individuals doing it as badly run games eventually either die or wither away as we have seen so many times over the years, with tff being the latest victim of poor game management

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

FPL is extremely popular, yes it might be FREE but it is also impeccably run. other providers take note!

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I cannot imagine staff are allowed to play.

Friends of staff ... well that is always an easy work around.

If you want a conspiracy how about this outrageous accusation based on not much at all ... Cujo has 100 teams and is actually Fanteam insuring itself by trying to ensure it gets 100 prizes back. Hence automated multiple transfers that all happen at once.

As I said, I am being outrageous. But one could imagine how some might believe there could be something in it.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

automated transfers................ brings back memories of the good old days when sleuth nailed the con-TAM-inator and sdt did nothing about it apart from changing their rules not once but twice then allowing them to be broken! slightly disconcerting if true as would mean the game being hacked in to? where is frank when you need him? ;)

Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

Post by Kaikkipunaselle »

12345678 wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 13:09 star oddity in today's revaluations was abraham staying at 6.9 after a goal and assist and being the most bought player in fpl whilst the most sold player jiminez who also blanked went up 0.1!

a few other oddities (too many to mention all) lundstram up 0.1 after a 0-2 loss, KDB up 0.1 after no attacking contributions, already highly priced, lowly priced ings remains static after goals in successive games and being well bought, mount stays the same after getting back on the scoresheet despite his low price, after scoring 2x rashford goes DOWN 0.1 :lol:

This bit about Rashford is false. Rashford actually rose 0.1M. He was 8.6M on 3rd of December and is now 8.7M after the price changes today.

But yeah, I think the price changes haven't been very consistent this year. At the beginning of the year they were done mostly due to the points players got during the last GW, but they changed their reasoning behind the rises all of a sudden imo and now the previous GW points do not seem to weigh so much if at all.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

fanteam operative on the lemonades or beer spilt in the revaluation program? [emoji6]

Post by Agent Overson »

raoul wrote:I cannot imagine staff are allowed to play.

Friends of staff ... well that is always an easy work around.

If you want a conspiracy how about this outrageous accusation based on not much at all ... Cujo has 100 teams and is actually Fanteam insuring itself by trying to ensure it gets 100 prizes back. Hence automated multiple transfers that all happen at once.

As I said, I am being outrageous. But one could imagine how some might believe there could be something in it.
I asked FantasyBet if anyone employed by them is allowed to play their game and they answered Yes. They’re run by Scout as far as I’m aware and Scout run FanTeam. It’s understandable to assume that the same applies to every Scout game.

I highly doubt Cujo is FT/Scout. If they had a top player in the ranks they wouldn’t have to get in average to crap players to write blog articles for them.

It’s clearly someone using similar software to the Tan clan as mentioned on the other thread. Plus I doubt Scout are rushing to investigate/throw out a player that has pumped loads into their game.

Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

12345678 wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 15:17 FPL is extremely popular, yes it might be FREE but it is also impeccably run. other providers take note!
I wonder how many years it took to somewhat figure out how the price changes in FPL work or when they were about to happen? I bet any avarage player won't know even nowadays since the best guesses we have are some of the predictor sites which constantly get some of them right and some of them wrong. And each new season the rules seem to change a bit which need to be assessed by these predictor sites during the first few weeks of the season. I don't see so big of a difference compared to FanTeam to be honest. Other than changing the system during the season which I think FanTeam has done.

Kaikkipunaselle
Kevin and Perry

Nah, Cujo ain't associated with FanTeam. He is just an avid fantasy sports player with a lot of money to spend. I have seen him playing a lot of other fantasy sport games as well. Last year, in FanTeam's season competition he had 65 teams. 27 of his teams won 25€ per team and the rest won nothing. He didn't play with totally identical teams last year though. Pretty much all of his teams were in the top 100 during the early GWs but only two in the end.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Kaikkipunaselle wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 16:23
12345678 wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 13:09 star oddity in today's revaluations was abraham staying at 6.9 after a goal and assist and being the most bought player in fpl whilst the most sold player jiminez who also blanked went up 0.1!

This bit about Rashford is false. Rashford actually rose 0.1M. He was 8.6M on 3rd of December and is now 8.7M after the price changes today.

But yeah, I think the price changes haven't been very consistent this year. At the beginning of the year they were done mostly due to the points players got during the last GW, but they changed their reasoning behind the rises all of a sudden imo and now the previous GW points do not seem to weigh so much if at all.
certainly possible, i had rashford scribbled down wrongly, i had him down as 8.8 prior to this week.

as an organisation fanteam do definitely have a weakness in terms of changing things mid season, whilst for a seasonal game it is anathema as it should be one smooth flow with same rules n regs throughout, there is a big risk in doing so. it is a great way to get bugs in your game without sufficient time for beta testing, not that i have noticed anything. that said i am not overly methodical but rui is and would probably have mentioned it as he did with the mistimed jesus price changes.

re fpl i think everything is above board and the organisation that runs it are the best providers in FF land by some distance, just a shame there is no cash worth having ;)

you make a fair point about how long fpl have been about but others can aspire to their level rather than failing miserably.

@agent overson glad you are still about in FF land. re scout as far as i am aware they are paid to promote games rather than actually running them, you may possibly know more than me on this but didn't have them down as cash rich enough or well enough organised to run something like fanteam ;)

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

forgot i had two other bits of paperwork recently updated, you are correct rashford was 8.6, a rogue (well not updated through two price drops) figure on the page i was looking at.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

fanteam operative on the lemonades or beer spilt in the revaluation program? [emoji6]

Post by Agent Overson »

Have met people from both, although I was talking about SGG. FFS has gone massively downhill in recent years

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Kaikkipunaselle wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 17:17 I think Agent Overson is talking about https://www.scoutgaminggroup.com/ rather than https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/.
yh of course, i was a bit puzzled, forgot that was the team behind fanteam.

is fantasybet run by related companies?

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Re: fanteam operative on the lemonades or beer spilt in the revaluation program? [emoji6]

Post by Agent Overson »

No but they were up until recently and I’d guess many t&c remain the same.

FT t&c doesn’t mention employees cannot play.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

how long ago? any idea? they never seemed particularly similar.

fantasybet have a lot of work to do if they are going to survive, i can't see it happening albeit they may well get going again for a while. they are unfortunately a long long way behind fanteam.

fanteam are clearly a more serious threat to DK dominance in the daily/weekend type markets.

the games are on the whole pretty good but they have made some really poor decisions in my view.

the whole set up looks professional and the pricing of short term games is excellent, it is the daft unprofessional decisions that is letting them down!

the issues here are pretty grim too in long term markets.

hopefully they will sort themselves out but can't really see any sign of it this season.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”