To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fanteam v FPL

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
ludermor
Treebeard

Fanteam v FPL

Post by ludermor »

Id be interested to know the make up of players from other games that play Fan team? I've only ever played FPL and was drawn to Fan team as there is a very similar pricing and scoring system and it was advertised by a lot of well known accounts that you could run the same team in FPL and Fan team.
Which is what I done ....
After 11 GW I decided to look into the numbers and compare the scoring between the 2 games and was very surprised at some of the differences.
I have taken all players who have scored 10 points or more and compared them against each game. I had to do this as there are some huge statistical difference in the lowest points scored.
In summary Goalies have scored 13% more points on Fan team than FLP and this is consistent to almost all players with the only 2 goalie scoring less on Fan team being Gazzaniga ( minus 0.5! on 15.5 points) and Foster ( minus 6 on 31) The main positives are the
teams at the top of the table obviously reflecting win points but tithe differences are massive ( Adrian 34%, Kepa, 31%, Leno! 28%, loris 27% and Ederson/Schmeichel 20%)
Defenders are generally scoring less on fan team ( overall minus 8.3%) with some notable exceptions . Only 20 out of 85 players scores more on Fan team with 53 players doing better on FPL. Again the main players scoring better in Fan team are almost exclusively from the top 4 team with VVD the biggest consistent scorer ( 16%). There are some massive minus number for defenders on Fan team with 28 players losing more than 16% and some up to 55 and 64 % ( Engels from Villa and Saiss from WW)
Midfielders generally scoring 8.1% higher points in Fan team, 84 out of 124 in the positive and 27 in the negative. The main benefactor on Fan team seem to be holding /defensive mids with the highest gains being Ferdandino, Lerma, Kovacic, Dray ( leic) Gundogan, Sissoko, Billing, Rodrigo, Stephens, Rice, Guendouzi all increasing by over 25%. The biggest losers on Fan team are attacking ( wasteful?) fwd mids ( Stieperman?, Snodgrass, Hughes, Trybull, Cantwell, Walcott, Yarmolenko, Fornals, all over 15%) They really don't like Norwich and WH!
Forward are generally very even between the games with only 2.8% difference. Doesn't seem to be any great logic to the differences although far more scope less on Fan team ( 20 score less and 13 score more) Some players have a huge difference ( Andre Gray -33%, Ings -32%, Ayew -22%, Connolly -22%)
Overall there is just a 2.2% increase in overall points scored on Fan team so not a huge difference but the deltas in the difference positions are telling.
Posting this for no other reason than curiosity and hope some of the fpl players will find the data useful. For some reason i wasnt able ot include screenshots or images in teh post but i would be glad to do so if anyone wanted to see more info

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Fanteam v FPL

Post by 7lb claimer »

Good work. Fanteam v Dream Team scores would be interesting as well.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

The reason Norwich and West Ham players suffer on Fanteam is because they lose a lot and don’t win many. You get 1 minus point if your team loses and plus 1 if you win.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Close enough in scoring to interest casual FPL players, different enough to reward the effort of understanding those differences.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

bspittles wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 19:28 Close enough in scoring to interest casual FPL players, different enough to reward the effort of understanding those differences.
Yep I agree. Having players who play for better teams and who tend not to get subbed...

Having said that my team is down to 390th now so this learning isn't helping me it seems.

For the record my fanteam squad is similar but certainly not identical to fpl.

ludermor
Treebeard

Post by ludermor »

bspittles wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 19:28 Close enough in scoring to interest casual FPL players, different enough to reward the effort of understanding those differences.
I agree, and it makes me consider the relative value a points hit for a different position. If you swapping goalies as part of a mini wc ( 3 or more ) it could pay off.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”