DFS Game Changes - New Safety Net and Max 3 Players per Club

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

DFS Game Changes - New Safety Net and Max 3 Players per Club

Post by admin »

Announcement by FanTeam

'We have decided to make a couple of changes to daily fantasy football (standard 11 player format), that we think will improve the user experience: Safety Net and max 3 players per club.

Safety Net

It is often difficult to predict which players that will start in upcoming games. To reduce the times players will end up with less than 11 players, and in effect have little chance to win, we introduce Safety Net. It works like this:
If a player does not start his match, he will be replaced by an automatic sub if possible. The system will look for a replacement player who
1) is from the same club as the original player
2) plays in the same position as the original player
3) costs the same or less as the original player

All three conditions need to be met. Then the system will pick the player with the highest price and put him in place of the original player. (If there are no replacement players that meet all three conditions, the user will not get any replacement players and the original player will stand). There is no limit on how many replacement players a team can receive.
Tiebreaker rules when two or more replacement players costs the same. The system will choose
– the player with the most fantasy points in recent matches, ‘form’
If the players are equal on this point, the system will pick
– the player with the most fantasy points so far in the season
If still equal, the system will pick
– alphabetically
If a player does not start the match, but comes into play at a later point in time, he will still be replaced. However, if a player starts the match, but get subbed out at some point, he will not be replaced.
This rule is in effect from September 24th, 2019 and applies to all football tournaments. (The only exception is the Serie A tournament starting the 25th).

Max 3 players from any club

Lately, we have allowed unlimited number of players from a club, but the feedback from our customers have been that they want the old system back; maximum 3 players from a club. We have listened to the feedback, and frankly we too would like to reverse the trend where you have players from only 2 or 3 clubs on your team. In our view, fantasy should be more about evaluating single players, than picking clubs you think will win.
So, with effect immediately *, we set a limit of only 3 players from any club. This should be a popular decision and help making the games more enjoyable!
* There is one exception; the Serie A midweek tournament, starting at 25th of September will not have this rule in effect.'

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: DFS Game Changes - New Safety Net and Max 3 Players per Club

Post by CBN »

Happy enough with the second change. The first one is crap - analysing who will play and the risk/reward is part of the skill/enjoyment.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Is there a sale on at the moment? Or is that soon to end with the next DFS sale starting the following day?

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Dear god. Talk about taking the skill out of the game

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

I imagine it's to aid the multis who have 20 or more teams in an event :roll:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

So will this be applied to the current seasonal and champions League games that are already running or it for new games going forward?

I too agree, the change helps only the multis.

Sort of makes the game a lot more -eve to the casual player or a manager with singular teams

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I had an issue with it the other night in a midweek la liga league I entered.

One of my original picks, Hazard, didnt start. Once the game kicked off he was changed to Kroos who went on to get 8pts.
The next evening was the last round of games so I checked on my team and kroos had been changed to Rodriguez who came on in the 82nd minute.

When talking on chat I was told that Rodriguez was nearest to hazard pricewise so became my player irrelevant that I had been given kroos from the start.

Needless to say I pointed out that this could be a cause for complaint in the future especially if the same scenario occurs in the weekly monster and potentially costing someone a few grand.

Anyway I checked again later and kroos had returned to my team, I hope it's because they have seen I was right and not just to shut me up :lol:

We will see

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

RickyRosa wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 20:29 So will this be applied to the current seasonal and champions League games that are already running or it for new games going forward?

I too agree, the change helps only the multis.

Sort of makes the game a lot more -eve to the casual player or a manager with singular teams
How can it be applied. You have a substitute bench to replace non starters!

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Ricky - the state of that question!

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

It says this is for daily games (presumably also weekender games) - so not the season game where we already have subs

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”