View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
Post Reply
ffstuff
Treebeard
Posts: 233
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 18:28
FS Record: https://www.ffstuff.co.uk

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by ffstuff » 06 Aug 2019, 16:14

Agent Overson wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 15:50
I assume the 'participated' column under 'my games' is the only way to track multiple teams if that column stays in the same order as each team is entered
When you have multiple teams, it shows them all on the left hand side on the team view screen - all with the same name, i assume once its running they will probably be in pts order

User avatar
admin
FISO Administrator
Posts: 10838
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 17:29
Location: Fantasy Sports Forum
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf, 4th DTWCC
Contact:

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by admin » 06 Aug 2019, 17:33

Agent Overson wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 15:06
Am I right that there are no team names and every single team owned is named after your username?
Numbering the teams for those with more than 1 entry is on their 'to do' list.

Agent Overson
Wideboy
Posts: 53
Joined: 11 Jun 2019, 13:10

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by Agent Overson » 06 Aug 2019, 17:37

Cheers guys!

User avatar
admin
FISO Administrator
Posts: 10838
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 17:29
Location: Fantasy Sports Forum
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf, 4th DTWCC
Contact:

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by admin » 06 Aug 2019, 19:24

The new 'Swap Substitute Order' function is now live.

Have tested and it works.

Muddy
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 399
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by Muddy » 06 Aug 2019, 19:51

ffstuff wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 11:39
Muddy wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 11:13
Please can anyone (Admin) confirm whether the game is accessible from the US (i.e. California and other non-sports betting states)? I spend time in the US every so often and don't want to pay to play if I can't make changes etc whilst over there.

Some fantasy games like Sky block access in the US, so make them not worthwhile for me. I'm looking for a few new season long games to play, with ever decreasing games around.

Thanks for any help.
You could get yourself a VPN, i use IP Vanish when i am abroad - you will be able to access the sites from anywhere then. IPVanish is a paid subscription - there are other free ones. I think TunnelBear gives the first 500mb free, and i wouldnt expect you to go over that just for fantasy games.
Only issue i have is when in china, most VPNS i have tried are blocked there now. I get round it there by using TeamViewer to access my PC in the UK and then do the changes there

Frank
Thanks Frank, I'll have a look into one.

Njl90
Cheetah
Posts: 7
Joined: 07 Aug 2019, 12:17
FS Record: Fairly poor

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by Njl90 » 07 Aug 2019, 12:20

This is away from official fpl website?

ffstuff
Treebeard
Posts: 233
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 18:28
FS Record: https://www.ffstuff.co.uk

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by ffstuff » 07 Aug 2019, 13:18

Sandor on the move again, more teams being put in - below managers with 20 teams or more

Total Number Of Teams: 2594
Total Number Of managers: 1376

Code: Select all

Cujo Jr.		100
sandor			64
russcane		60
Bogginho		52
michailovic		36
The G.O.A.T.		21
SpicerQQ		21
Buddyboy01		20
Natombi			20

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5603
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by 12345678 » 07 Aug 2019, 14:09

Muddy wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 19:51
ffstuff wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 11:39
Muddy wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 11:13
Please can anyone (Admin) confirm whether the game is accessible from the US (i.e. California and other non-sports betting states)? I spend time in the US every so often and don't want to pay to play if I can't make changes etc whilst over there.

Some fantasy games like Sky block access in the US, so make them not worthwhile for me. I'm looking for a few new season long games to play, with ever decreasing games around.

Thanks for any help.
You could get yourself a VPN, i use IP Vanish when i am abroad - you will be able to access the sites from anywhere then. IPVanish is a paid subscription - there are other free ones. I think TunnelBear gives the first 500mb free, and i wouldnt expect you to go over that just for fantasy games.
Only issue i have is when in china, most VPNS i have tried are blocked there now. I get round it there by using TeamViewer to access my PC in the UK and then do the changes there

Frank
Thanks Frank, I'll have a look into one.
i use pia, private internet access and have found them to be very good. (think it is around $30 a year)

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5603
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by 12345678 » 07 Aug 2019, 14:14

ffstuff wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 13:18
Sandor on the move again, more teams being put in - below managers with 20 teams or more

Total Number Of Teams: 2594
Total Number Of managers: 1376

Code: Select all

Cujo Jr.		100
sandor			64
russcane		60
Bogginho		52
michailovic		36
The G.O.A.T.		21
SpicerQQ		21
Buddyboy01		20
Natombi			20
not sure how much large entries is going to help here, was thinking of 10 but might up it to 20. will not be easy to manage that many, you could end up hurting some teams once you reach a certain threshold, good luck to cujo, hopefully he doesn't have much else to do at the weekend;) surprised to see russ with as many. i don't recognise any of them from daily/weekly games but suspect a few i know of will appear.

User avatar
RickyRosa
FISOhead
Posts: 916
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 23:35
FS Record: 2016 Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in Euro 2016 Comp

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by RickyRosa » 08 Aug 2019, 08:51

If there wasn’t such a huge overlay I would also concur that the mass team strategy would become counter productive beyond the level that was optimum for the individual manager.

Assuming of course they are being managed by one manager.

Wonder what the optimum actually is?

Most I have ever entered in any comp was 20 and that was full on.

ffstuff
Treebeard
Posts: 233
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 18:28
FS Record: https://www.ffstuff.co.uk

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by ffstuff » 08 Aug 2019, 09:22

Entries steadily climbing over the last few days

Total Number Of Teams: 3086
Total Number Of Users: 1629

Code: Select all

Manager Name	Teams
Cujo Jr.	100
sandor		80
russcane	63
Bogginho	52
Stegg741	49
michailovic	36
Buddyboy01	25
SpicerQQ	22
The G.O.A.T.	21
PITON81		20
peasyeasy	20
Natombi		20

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5603
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by 12345678 » 08 Aug 2019, 11:48

RickyRosa wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 08:51
If there wasn’t such a huge overlay I would also concur that the mass team strategy would become counter productive beyond the level that was optimum for the individual manager.

Assuming of course they are being managed by one manager.

Wonder what the optimum actually is?

Most I have ever entered in any comp was 20 and that was full on.
11 man fine but 15 man is gonna be hard work constantly revolving!

ffstuff
Treebeard
Posts: 233
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 18:28
FS Record: https://www.ffstuff.co.uk

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by ffstuff » 08 Aug 2019, 20:32

Fair few entries today - nearly 4,000 in total now

Total Number Of Teams: 3928
Total Number Of Users: 2100

Code: Select all

Cujo Jr.	100
Stegg741	96
sandor		94
russcane	63
Bogginho	52
Hulios		50
Natombi		45
michailovic	36
Buddyboy01	25
SpicerQQ	23
PITON81		21
The G.O.A.T.	21
peasyeasy	20

ffstuff
Treebeard
Posts: 233
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 18:28
FS Record: https://www.ffstuff.co.uk

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by ffstuff » 08 Aug 2019, 20:34

12345678 wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:48
RickyRosa wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 08:51
If there wasn’t such a huge overlay I would also concur that the mass team strategy would become counter productive beyond the level that was optimum for the individual manager.

Assuming of course they are being managed by one manager.

Wonder what the optimum actually is?

Most I have ever entered in any comp was 20 and that was full on.
11 man fine but 15 man is gonna be hard work constantly revolving!
Constantly revolving? gameweek cut off, so none of the overhead of the other games

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5603
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by 12345678 » 08 Aug 2019, 21:32

shuffling your subs and checking over 100 teams?

easy to make mistakes and try processing if you have a player on the bench in the first game.

site is a bit awkward been testing it, has an annoying habit of logging you out too.

btw isn't cujo suzykins dog? lol

ffstuff
Treebeard
Posts: 233
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 18:28
FS Record: https://www.ffstuff.co.uk

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by ffstuff » 08 Aug 2019, 21:34

yeah, been overloaded it seems today, i was logged out a couple of times and also had a couple of sessions hang when submitting changes

User avatar
Biddles32
FISOhead
Posts: 858
Joined: 20 May 2017, 11:28
Location: Birmingham
FS Record: 2018/19 finishing positions:


216th overall seasonal Sun DT
275th overall seasonal TFF (only 6 teams entered)
3857th SKy sports (only 2nd season played)
225th - TFF champs league

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by Biddles32 » 08 Aug 2019, 21:39

Sandor upto a 100 now :roll: hope he recoups some of his £2500!!! Guessing he’ll get at least half of it back with the top 1200 places getting at least £25 or more back. Can see the number of entries going up quite a lot again tomorrow- possibly another 1000 and getting close to 6000????

User avatar
BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2358
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 07:51
FS Record: SDT weekly winner (5K), 2nd SDT Europe main (15K)

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by BLOCKHEAD » 08 Aug 2019, 22:22

Sandor the saviour! Keeping fantasy football alive.

User avatar
jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3600
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; hiding since...

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by jacksosi » 09 Aug 2019, 08:04

So for those of us with an FPL team as well, are you making this team the same for ease of maintaining both, or are there any specific rules making certain picks significantly better/worse?

robot
Dumbledore
Posts: 7495
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 19:39
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by robot » 09 Aug 2019, 08:39

Went to correct my initial picks today, made 7 changes, reason for posting is the pop up box to confirm was then to long and i couldn't see the confirm button, not sure weather its my laptop ir something that needs amending?
Had to do 2/3 at a time.

User avatar
jaycar25
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 416
Joined: 22 Aug 2016, 16:50
FS Record: Could be better!

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by jaycar25 » 09 Aug 2019, 09:08

I'd rather stick my money in multiple sky leagues.
Guaranteed secure, hassle free, and probably
got more chance of winning.

What reputation do they have to lose, by saying at
the end of it all 'sorry we can't pay out because we've
lost money'.
At the end of the day, this is just glorified gambling, and
even bookies don't have a legal obligation to pay out, they
just do because it's a gentlemans agreement.

Wouldn't surprise me if they walk off with the money, claiming it
as lost and you don't even get your stake back.

bspittles
Dumbledore
Posts: 7109
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26
Location: In hiding

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by bspittles » 09 Aug 2019, 09:19

jacksosi wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 08:04
So for those of us with an FPL team as well, are you making this team the same for ease of maintaining both, or are there any specific rules making certain picks significantly better/worse?
I've entered two teams, one very similar to my FPL team and the other set up just to win weekly or monthly prizes.

ffstuff
Treebeard
Posts: 233
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 18:28
FS Record: https://www.ffstuff.co.uk

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by ffstuff » 09 Aug 2019, 10:18

Latest numbers this morning - looking like perhaps it well end up near 6k by tonight?

Total Number Of Teams: 4922
Total Number Of Users: 2620

Code: Select all

sandor		115
Cujo Jr.	100
Stegg741	96
Natombi		70
russcane	63
Bogginho	52
Hulios		50
Slavko		40
michailovic	36
Buddyboy01	30
nevermind721	24
PITON81		23
SpicerQQ	23
peasyeasy	22
Andre1966	22
The G.O.A.T.	21
nobody		21
turturelul1	21
TeelXp		21

User avatar
BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2358
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 07:51
FS Record: SDT weekly winner (5K), 2nd SDT Europe main (15K)

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by BLOCKHEAD » 09 Aug 2019, 10:38

Sandor casually whacking down 3 grand on this :lol:

User avatar
twhelan22
Treebeard
Posts: 110
Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 19:24
Contact:

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by twhelan22 » 09 Aug 2019, 12:06

jaycar25 wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 09:08
I'd rather stick my money in multiple sky leagues.
Guaranteed secure, hassle free, and probably
got more chance of winning.

What reputation do they have to lose, by saying at
the end of it all 'sorry we can't pay out because we've
lost money'.
At the end of the day, this is just glorified gambling, and
even bookies don't have a legal obligation to pay out, they
just do because it's a gentlemans agreement.

Wouldn't surprise me if they walk off with the money, claiming it
as lost and you don't even get your stake back.
Sites often accept that they will lose money on something like this, since they are more focused on the bigger picture. Big guarantees attract plenty of new customers, and if people are logging on every gw to sort their teams they will be tempted to play in the weekly games as well, which is where most of the site's revenue comes from. They are also licensed in Malta and UK gambling law is rock solid too, so I think you should be very surprised if they steal your money! Fwiw I have been involved with real-money fantasy sports for as long as it's been around in the UK, and whilst sites go out of business/pull out of the market, they never fail to pay you first.

Also, yes this is gambling but do you consider FPL to be a skill game or not? I would say it's a skill game with luck involved, which is different to a lot of 'traditional' gambling.

Anyway, I thought I would let everyone know that FantasyBet also have a season-long competition. Theirs is £50k guaranteed, £5.50 entry fee, and it works a bit differently. The first two gameweeks are for qualifying, after which points are reset and teams are split into 4 divisions. Prizes are won every 4 games and you compete for titles, promotion, relegation etc, before points are reset again. Source: https://bit.ly/2YC7zny

User avatar
Biddles32
FISOhead
Posts: 858
Joined: 20 May 2017, 11:28
Location: Birmingham
FS Record: 2018/19 finishing positions:


216th overall seasonal Sun DT
275th overall seasonal TFF (only 6 teams entered)
3857th SKy sports (only 2nd season played)
225th - TFF champs league

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by Biddles32 » 09 Aug 2019, 12:23

ffstuff wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:18
Latest numbers this morning - looking like perhaps it well end up near 6k by tonight?

Total Number Of Teams: 4922
Total Number Of Users: 2620

Code: Select all

sandor		115
Cujo Jr.	100
Stegg741	96
Natombi		70
russcane	63
Bogginho	52
Hulios		50
Slavko		40
michailovic	36
Buddyboy01	30
nevermind721	24
PITON81		23
SpicerQQ	23
peasyeasy	22
Andre1966	22
The G.O.A.T.	21
nobody		21
turturelul1	21
TeelXp		21
Would love it, if they didnt finish in the top 1200 - particularly the ones entering close to a 100 teams! Its ridiculous. As mentioned above will be very hard to manage all them teams in this game format to an optimal level with a squad of 15.

User avatar
reds363
Dumbledore
Posts: 5875
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:34
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by reds363 » 09 Aug 2019, 12:40

Presume blank and double gameweeks will work same as FPL, but can find nothing on the site about it?

Not entirely clear but I also presume clean sheet awards relate to a player's time on pitch (e.g. player retains the points if subbed off at 70 minutes and team later concedes)?

And no question just a comment, "Midfielder or Striker Playing full match (90 min) 3 points (in total)" - seems an odd one and don't see why defenders are excluded here

User avatar
Malrom
Dumbledore
Posts: 6113
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:43
Location: Feet in Switzerland, Football heart in Leeds
FS Record: Winner of the FISODAS Premiership title season 15

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by Malrom » 09 Aug 2019, 13:21

Entered a team and had no problem with the payment.
It's a test for me..... no worries

no conformation of the team...have to get used to it

User avatar
BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2358
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 07:51
FS Record: SDT weekly winner (5K), 2nd SDT Europe main (15K)

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by BLOCKHEAD » 09 Aug 2019, 14:19

Sandor update - be interesting to see how many teams he's entering per hour?

ffstuff
Treebeard
Posts: 233
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 18:28
FS Record: https://www.ffstuff.co.uk

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by ffstuff » 09 Aug 2019, 14:28

Total Number Of Teams: 5729
Total Number Of Users: 3068

Code: Select all

sandor			115
Cujo Jr.		100
Natombi			100
Stegg741		96
Hulios			80
russcane		63
Bogginho		52
khan			40
Slavko			40
michailovic		36
Buddyboy01		32
Andre1966		24
TeelXp			24
nevermind721		24
PITON81			23
SpicerQQ		23
peasyeasy		22
Klimmie			21
The G.O.A.T.		21
nobody			21
turturelul1		21
D7099615D45D3F2E8389	20

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “FanTeam”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest