To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with minimum 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by murf »

CBN wrote:Proof of identification is a pretty basic requirement for any company with a gambling license. You should be more worried if they were not doing it!
Really? I don't gamble much but I've probably opened accounts with 5 or 6 major bookies and NEVER been asked for it.

This sort of issue puts me right off.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

murf wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 20:57
CBN wrote:Proof of identification is a pretty basic requirement for any company with a gambling license. You should be more worried if they were not doing it!
Really? I don't gamble much but I've probably opened accounts with 5 or 6 major bookies and NEVER been asked for it.

Then I assume you're playing for peanuts. They have a legal requirement to identify you, which they'll seek to do through publically recorded information (e.g. electoral roll) or your deposit method. But then throw in money laundering regulations and it won't be long before you're asked for some photo ID.

Maldini
Dumbledore

FanTeam - FPL game with minimum 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by Maldini »

It sounds as though these guys are taking your money and then asking for ID?

Is that par for the course?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CBN wrote:
murf wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 20:57

Then I assume you're playing for peanuts. They have a legal requirement to identify you, which they'll seek to do through publically recorded information (e.g. electoral roll) or your deposit method. But then throw in money laundering regulations and it won't be long before you're asked for some photo ID.
My peanuts are probably on a par with the €25 entry fee so why is this different? Why isn't my paypal/ credit/debit card details enough?

And the electoral roll is NOT public. There is a reduced version available publically which only shows the name of those happy to be spammed.

Also TFF has been classed as gambling for years and I've never been asked for ID.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Some more info here, validating the electoral roll method I mentioned: https://www.cheekypunter.com/faq/why-do ... s-need-id/

God knows why I’m bothering trying to help though when it’s clearly not welcomed. You obviously know best.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

As thing stand - that's an insane amount of money to win just for beating a few hundred players 8-)

No doubt Sandor will hear about this shortly and throw a couple of grand at it. Mixed feelings about how many I want to enter - greater chances of winning with fewer players, but do want this game to stick around as the other FF games seem to be dying out.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CBN wrote:Some more info here, validating the electoral roll method I mentioned: https://www.cheekypunter.com/faq/why-do ... s-need-id/

God knows why I’m bothering trying to help though when it’s clearly not welcomed. You obviously know best.
Ta but that doesn't answer the question - unless foreign gambling firms are allowed to view the UK electoral roll - and if they are (and it is a non-issue for me and explains why Ladbrokes, Betfred etc have never asked) then why is anybody being asked for ID (assuming on UK electoral roll)??

I really don't want a firm getting my driving licence etc and, from other experiences, they won't take photocopies unless signed by the Prime Minister or a person of similarly high standard, none of whom I'd know.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I can’t see anything in the rules that says GWs (and GW deadlines) are the same a# FPL. Can anyone confirm?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

They are not GDPR compliant which concerns me.

IS theft is a real thing and with your bank details and DL and DOB anyone can apply for CC and loans etc in yr name.

Which is my issue around the security of the site from a hacking/disgruntled employee perspective.

Like some indian call centre rep selling bank details to crims...it happens.

Still tempted....but just saying.

How hard is it to verify your ID and do they prompt....do you simply email them a scanned copy?

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

RickyRosa wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 23:17 They are not GDPR compliant which concerns me.

IS theft is a real thing and with your bank details and DL and DOB anyone can apply for CC and loans etc in yr name.

Which is my issue around the security of the site from a hacking/disgruntled employee perspective.

Like some indian call centre rep selling bank details to crims...it happens.

Still tempted....but just saying.

How hard is it to verify your ID and do they prompt....do you simply email them a scanned copy?
Upload through the site, i've just done mine and now says pending

What you are talking about above can be said of any company anywhere in the world, just look at any news headlines over the last few years.....

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

RickyRosa wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 23:17 They are not GDPR compliant which concerns me.

Why do you think they are not GDPR compliant?

P.S. I assume, like me, you have signed up for free alerts with credit monitoring companies in case there are CC or loan applications etc in your name?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

bspittles wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 22:53 I can’t see anything in the rules that says GWs (and GW deadlines) are the same a# FPL. Can anyone confirm?
If you go to Tournaments and then click on Details (for the FPL game) one of the Tabs is Fixtures.

It looks like the deadline is the time of the 1st kick off in each numbered GW but I will check.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Not sure how many of you have applied for credit/finance lately or loans but companies need a lot more info than just proof of address and photo ID! Personally I’m not worried, at the end of the day they are paying out 50k for top prize and plenty more prizes. And all this with so little entries.

On another note there have been 39 entries since I joined at 11pm on the 21st. At current rate we’ll have just over a 1000 entries by the season start. My guess would be that they’ll be a sudden inflation though just as season starts.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

I have no problem with providing ID, I simply forgot last season.

My gripe with Bethard/Scout Gaming last year was that there was no friendly email to remind me. My team was deleted with zero communication. As Scout are involved with Fanbet, it could well happen again this season so my advice to everyone would be to provide ID asap as if you forget, your team(s) could be removed without apology/refund.

Re. Prizes/Number of players - Fanteam/Scout are primarily using this promo for brand awareness, I highly doubt they ever expected to reach 12,000 entries with such little/poorly executed marketing and were probably preparing to take a loss (perhaps not as much as they will) in return for sign ups/new DFS players. Casuals don't care and won't pay such fees to pay to play. Pros will jump on this promo so expect a lot of multi-teaming, however I doubt pros will play the daily/weekly format for such little return so it's a HUGE waste of money for Fanteam.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

admin wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 05:57
It looks like the deadline is the time of the 1st kick off in each numbered GW but I will check.
That would be a big difference to FPL, and give a big advantage to those who have no life :lol:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

bspittles wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 11:29
That would be a big difference to FPL, and give a big advantage to those who have no life :lol:
The confirmation is that transfer/substitute deadline is actually up until 1 second before the 1st kick off for each GW. 

Might also be helpful to those with a small number of teams (and those with mobile data on their phones!) to compete against the large multi entries.

Hopefully not too many matches of relevance in the 1st Gameweek match as many GWs start with a single match

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

admin wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 11:58
bspittles wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 11:29
The confirmation is that transfer/substitute deadline is actually up until 1 second before the 1st kick off for each GW. 

Might also be helpful to those with a small number of teams (and those with mobile data on their phones!) to compete against the large multi entries.

Hopefully not too many matches of relevance in the 1st Gameweek match as many GWs start with a single match
Thanks for confirming, much appreciated. I wonder if their website would be capable of handling 12,000 simultaneous logins.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Well I've been told UK credit card deposits should now be working after the 3rd party payment provider has now sorted the issue. It's been tested this time as well.

Let me know if they work or not.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Backlash wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 17:05 I had to send my ID today; it was relatively simple if not a little worrying. Everyone else better do the same or be prepared to do so before paying for a team.
Danny, have you had your ID verified yet? Mine got verified today :D

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

My ID was verified in a little under 2 hours. I used a photo of my driver's licence and a screenshot of an electronic invoice with my address on.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Biddles32 wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 15:30
Backlash wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 17:05 I had to send my ID today; it was relatively simple if not a little worrying. Everyone else better do the same or be prepared to do so before paying for a team.
Yeah all done too.
The biggest problem for me will be remembering to manage the team.

I’ve not looked at the site too much but is there a mini league function where we can all put our teams in? although I doubt it as it’s not really set up for that concept.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Agent Overson wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 09:56 I have no problem with providing ID, I simply forgot last season.

My gripe with Bethard/Scout Gaming last year was that there was no friendly email to remind me. My team was deleted with zero communication. As Scout are involved with Fanbet, it could well happen again this season so my advice to everyone would be to provide ID asap as if you forget, your team(s) could be removed without apology/refund.
Wouldn't this be more a gripe with Bethard who would be in charge of their KYC process rather than Scout Gaming who provide the underlying game?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Jay P wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 20:43 Looks as though Fanteam excludes people from most countries from playing, including here in New Zealand where gambling is legal... disappointing. Not sure they’ll make it to 12,500 entries if they’re only supporting a select number of nations.
I checked with them about this and was told that the reason that Fanteam does not allow users from a number of countries is due to these countries not being covered by any of the licenses they currently hold. Some countries, such as New Zealand, Australia and Ireland all require local licenses that Fanteam / Scout gaming group does not hold at this time.

This is unfortunate, but they need to stay compliant in order to hopefully gain these licenses at a later stage for their businesses journey.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

bspittles wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 15:38 My ID was verified in a little under 2 hours. I used a photo of my driver's licence and a screenshot of an electronic invoice with my address on.
That's good! Not sure why mine took a day and a half but I sent passport pic and and screenshot of a bank statement.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Backlash wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 15:47
Yeah all done too.
The biggest problem for me will be remembering to manage the team.

I’ve not looked at the site too much but is there a mini league function where we can all put our teams in? although I doubt it as it’s not really set up for that concept.
Not sure Dan :?: I'm finding it quite challenging to find my team half the time! :lol: Can be hard to navigate around but i'm sure i'll get better.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Is there any way to change your team’s name? It’s not obvious.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Now verified and ready to win 8-)

GNOMESY
Cheetah

Re: FanTeam - FPL game with 250,000 euros of prizes

Post by GNOMESY »

Hello All!
I'm new to the forum and signed up to join some of your cash leagues.
Looking forward to the competition.

This one looks great! I'm in.
Good Luck All!

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Where does it say you must verify ID?
I was sent email to verify email address but no more

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

dead parrot wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 11:28 Where does it say you must verify ID?
Click on account info in the top right hand corner. It will either say "verified" or "not verified yet".

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”