To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

£1m Euro 2020 Game (in June 2021)

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Re: £1m Euro 2020 Game (in June 2021)

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 22:30 Noticing loads of Sweden blocks as well…might have looked a good idea before GW1 but I see
mr Hamisk and co turning them over….

In fact I’m
Going to use my £5 bet to
Cover Slovakia…..

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 09:52 Coupled with the price rises/decreases which are now effectively locked in it’s going to make those picks that Initially looked great like Swiss defences for example really poor overall decisions which is my points about the swedes last night as whilst a Swedish defence looks good on paper I think that people really underestimate what a highly motivated we’ll co-ordinated team can do.

Like Slovakia for instance.
I wanted to reply at the time and say this was complete nonsense, but didn't want to jinx the Swedish cleansheet today. Six cleansheets in the last 7 games for Sweden.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I said it looked good on paper mate….just that Slovakia are under rated…I think they turned up for a point today though….would have been enough to guarantee.

Did lose my free fiver though!!

I thought this forum
Would have been full of English support tonight?

Still know the lurkers will be mostly English so I’m going to support the Tartan Army for one night!

Blue army!!!

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Fantasy football goes out the window for 90 minutes now for me come on England!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Lol!!

It’s the same when Wales play….missed the first half as I got ‘stuff’ going on…,hopefully catch the 2nd…..

Please no Kane goal!!!

Talking of Wales…you boys look like you could do with a Bale of your own….wonder if Grealish will
be as good as you guys think?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Yes!!!!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Why on earth would you take Kane off??

I understand bringing rashford on but jeez..,Southgate does make some dodgy decisions…pity we don’t have a G.Britain team hey boys…we could have Rob Page as manager…we would be awesome and you boys would get Ramsey and Bale as well…Robertson on the left…,grealish….sterling…Kane….what a team that would be…

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

It’s like a Scotland home game!!!

Listen to the crowd!

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

RickyRosa wrote:Why on earth would you take Kane off??

I understand bringing rashford on but jeez..,Southgate does make some dodgy decisions…pity we don’t have a G.Britain team hey boys…we could have Rob Page as manager…we would be awesome and you boys would get Ramsey and Bale as well…Robertson on the left…,grealish….sterling…Kane….what a team that would be…
Because he did nothing all game he was terrible tonight

LoneGunner
Treebeard

Post by LoneGunner »

46% blank.

That will make for a nice differential!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I think terrible is a bit harsh….you boys just don’t seem to have synergy…you don’t play as a team like Scotland did…like a bunch of individuals…coupled with some poor picks…Phillips for instance just ain’t good enough for england….you got Chilwell on the bench and grealish…take foden off?

Just terrible management in fairness….more Southgate fault for sticking with the same boring two holders…can’t play any other way…should have took the game by the scruff and schooled the Scots…instead they showed you how a team plays.

Still think you boys are good mind….genuinely, I wouldn’t want to play aga it’s you, but if you think your beating France or Portugal or Spain or Germany or Italy playing like that you are deluded.

Imagine playing Italy!!

They would destroy you!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

LoneGunner wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 22:23 46% blank.

That will make for a nice differential!
19% captain!!

Most are FISO members!!

Lol!!

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Was banking on my captain Kane getting a couple tonight😩 only consolation is he might now play vs Czech instead of being rested

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

He will play I think Mad….thing is the Czechs are good…really tough to break down.

Think Southgate is good enough to change it?

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

RickyRosa wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 22:38 He will play I think Mad….thing is the Czechs are good…really tough to break down.

I really don’t rate Safegate. He’s got the personality of a wet lettuce. 2 holding midfielders🤦🏻‍♂️ No sign of Sancho who has been tearing up the bundesliga for a couple of years, taking Kane off etc etc. I know Kane doesn’t seem sharp but at the same time he was pretty much starved of service again tonight. Scotland were really good so all credit to them but it was so boring just watching England continually go sideways and backwards. Shame coz I think with the right manager that Foden, Sancho, Grealish, Kane, Rashford, Sterling would shine.

Well played to you and anyone on FanTeam not having Kane tonight. Massive risk as I really thought he could bag 2 or 3 tonight which would’ve been 20+ points if he was captain. Was looking good with 7 in 600’s after Italy, Ukrainian, Wales games but been pants since. Hoping Ronaldo and F Torres can do something💪

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Well if it’s one man I have learnt I can always rely on its Ronaldo mate…that’s why I told block I was carrying him…i know it’s Germany and I know he’s getting older but he’s just the best in the world imop…

Mate, re-read your post….that team you suggested sounds sick! Imagine playing that team
It would be redic good…Southgate got to go…he’s failed you once he will again.

All that with home advantage as well…imagine you had to travel 5.000 miles to lay your games like Wales…we only just touched down in Rome a few hours ago.

Nobody can call Kane out, he’s brill, it’s just I knew you would play this boring one nil football and knew he would play Phillips again who played one forward pass all game I think…

The only right thing he’s done is play sterling imop.

Still don’t stress the Kane thing…there’s loads with lukaku as well and your never going to get it right all the time…I had two Kane, one in my worst team as a catch up plan
As well and another in a good team just in case as after all he is Harry Kane and I have been wrong on more than one occasion before as Block loves to remind me!

My immobile captain not looking to bad now but for me the big game is tomz and the French….one team I got the entire front bloody line!!

Now if they don’t haul I’m screwed…..

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

Ah planning out GW3 will be quite hard for some of my teams which already have players that didn't play (like Wijndal), who I didn't get to transfer out. Even though he might play last matchday maybe, but there are some others tougher ones. WIll just try to get full 15, so that if somebody doesn't play I have someone who comes in place, but without more than -4 (if more then I guess it is pointless to do it)

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Just done a post mortem on my teams. My god, what an embarrassment. All I've left to play for is to pick up the odd small prize here and there to roll into next season's Premier League game.

Fair play to any of you doing well.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Your joking ain’t you? TBH,I only check out the elite players teams (believe it or not CBN I count you as one and it’s why I don’t study Blocks’ teams (joking Block no need to be nasty back!).

Nobody’s won or lost anything yet….the top teams today (most) will not be the top teams by the end of GW3 and imop it’s all about staying in the game and waiting for that wildcard.

Experience has taught me that anything can happen In these competitions.

Also ironic that your waiting for the PL Season and I’m thinking of not playing it at all.

experience also tells me I’m not good enough at long games so might just wait until the next short comp….I think there’s a lot more strategy that goes into them whilst the long PL game is a game of attrition and patience and longevity.

I seem to struggle with the longevity and patience bit….

MASSIVE DAY FOR ME
TODAY!!

Viva la France!!!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Brutal price changes last night! Rashford took a -.2 as did Kane and all the attacking English boys took a .1

Croatia hit hard as well.

Rebic took a .2 but no increase for perisic….think we all missed a trick with Schick.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

You know life’s’ good when you have genuine dilemma over what to watch…the GP or the footy!!

Seeing as I forgot to make changes in my F1 team for the 2nd GP running (bloody football) I think the footballs going to win!

How lucky am I…forgot to make
Changes last time and had two transfers in the bank to bring in verstappen and then he goes and gets a blow out so all the Hamilton teams ‘race’ ahead and then he ends up burning his brakes out by pressing his magic button!!

I’m
Probably the only manager in the game that didn’t have either!

In the words of the verve….”I’m a lucky man”.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

RickyRosa wrote:You know life’s’ good when you have genuine dilemma over what to watch…the GP or the footy!!

Seeing as I forgot to make changes in my F1 team for the 2nd GP running (bloody football) I think the footballs going to win!

How lucky am I…forgot to make
Changes last time and had two transfers in the bank to bring in verstappen and then he goes and gets a blow out so all the Hamilton teams ‘race’ ahead and then he ends up burning his brakes out by pressing his magic button!!

I’m
Probably the only manager in the game that didn’t have either!

In the words of the verve….”I’m a lucky man”.
I missed out on the f1 seasonal game I've had a go at the weekend one tho for this weekend

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

RickyRosa wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 22:38 He will play I think Mad….thing is the Czechs are good…really tough to break down.

We beat Czech team 5-0 in qualifiers...

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

We struggles to break them down as did the Scots….and with Schick in form….you never know!!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Sutton…who have you gone for? Verstappen or Hamilton?

I’m going Verstappen I think….

You in the .90 or the £9? I will enter the same as you for a head2head dual!!!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

England were shocking and Kane was abysmal. Fortunately, he wasn't in any of my top half a dozen teams prior to the GW starting and I expect those teams to still be my top half a dozen after the French play.

So Kane blanking may be a blessing in disguise if it means my better teams pull further away from the pack. Be interesting to see if he plays against Czechs to try and build confidence or Southgate deems it necessary for him to sit out and take a breather.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 09:59 experience also tells me I’m not good enough at long games so might just wait until the next short comp….I think there’s a lot more strategy that goes into them whilst the long PL game is a game of attrition and patience and longevity.
I've been more successful at short comps like yourself, but have to disagree here. There's a huge amount of strategy needed to perform well in the seasonal PL game based on fixture swings and double gameweeks etc. In the short comps, you normally just back a small number of teams and go heavy on players from those teams for the majority of the tournament.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

RickyRosa wrote:Sutton…who have you gone for? Verstappen or Hamilton?

I’m going Verstappen I think….

You in the .90 or the £9? I will enter the same as you for a head2head dual!!!
I've gone verstappen in the 90p one

Iksh
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th- SUN Europe 2016-17
2nd-Sun world cup dreamteam 2014
Winner John Morrison Champions League 2015-16

Post by Iksh »

CBN wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 08:37 Just done a post mortem on my teams. My god, what an embarrassment. All I've left to play for is to pick up the odd small prize here and there to roll into next season's Premier League game.

Fair play to any of you doing well.
Simon,
I think you are just being too harsh on yourself. Although the format favors the midfielders , they haven't been really lit the competition alight during this edition.
Moreover, the late registration with 100% average has a big bearing on the placement of the teams on the current leader board.

Take for example, I just entered 1 free entry at GW 1 which is loitering way down the leader board- of course my fault in going with Turkey bock who I overrated.
I saw the opportunity in the GW2 and GW3 entries, esp knowing that Ukraine and Spain will have all to do to in the 3rd GW. So i entered 2 entires which I am very happy with at this time.
Late entry also allows me use my one transfer to get a differential striker who wont usually play in the regular 11 and could be a differential.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Errr…it was supposed to be a cricket score by now!!

Let’s call one home….c’mon Griezman!!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”