To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fanteam €1 Million Premier League 20/21 Strategy & General discussion

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Fanteam €1 Million Premier League 20/21 Strategy & General discussion

Post by CBN »

Poor blokes down to 47th already (ommidi) - Kane captain and Son vice captain :(

LoneGunner
Treebeard

Post by LoneGunner »

^ Kane c, Son vc, Lloris, Dias, injured Lacazette and two more injured players on the bench. Brutal!

These constant Friday night deadlines are a killer if you are working full time and/or have major commitments. Easy to slip up.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

I always set mine up roughly with capts in place to avoid just this scenario

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

It’s a good tip.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Yeah I think Yorkshire’s teams look like a tip too 👍🏻

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

I set my team up on the weekend before and sort the captains for this very reason and then sort my transfers later in the week unless I want to catch a price rise but this late in the season there is no point so leave transfers to the last minute now

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

As I predicted a lot of teams in or around the top 100 not thought out very well leading upto this week. Low scores galore. My quest for top 100 finish not over yet. I’m going for the treble this year 😁. Got TFF and the sun in the bag already just disappointed I couldn’t get higher in the sky game (just outside the top 1000 at the moment). I need some tips off you Yorkie! 😆

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Annoying glitches - can't get past a page on the site that keeps saying "no peeking on other users teams" even though I'm logged in to my own account. And have tried different browsers too, same issue. This sort of thing happens too often.
Also the sign re visa and mastercard nto working has been up for a couple of days now. Much though i'm sure we would all like Fanteam to survive and thrive, they won't last with these recurring issues - and the glitches are a disincentive for me to invest much time and money with them if I don't feel confident in the system or indeed company.
Was fine this morning, but has been stuck for the last ten minutes. Anyone else having any joy?

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

I never have any issues, i use my I phone to do all my teams though. Just logged on now actually to figure out and fianlise my teams ready for tomorrow.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Got it working but site wasn't fully functional for about 15 minutes; even looking at new "games", player lists weren't populating. I contend that the site shoudln't go down at all, and it' shoudln't be up to the customer to have to look for workarounds.
By coincidence, have just had a mail from them re their "roadmap", will see what that's all about.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Mail mentions that custom team names are now live - and indeed it works; quite possible that the glitch downtime earlier was due to this being implemented, I hadn't noticed it before.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Yep i've had that email too.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Some confusion at the moment at fanteam towers - new schedule announced but the soton / palace and villa / everton matches on may 11 and 13 have been left off the game week list ...

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Screenshot of current gameweek 36 in fanteam, no sign as yet of the above two matches, nor on the previous week, and i'm assuming one game week won't start before the previous one finishes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Give them a break! Fixtures only announced an hour ago.

Though granted it has a bearing on transfers made before today’s deadline...

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Changed since i wrote to them - those missing games currently at the start of gw36, which differs from how FPL are doing it. Whether this stays the same by next week remains to be seen;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Oh shit was hoping it would be same as FPL 🤯

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

I think they still might change it, they will be aware that many customers look to the FPL game as well.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

And it's changed again, this is now how gw36 looks;

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Ho hum, more confusion - EDIT issues seemingly resolved

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Some good news from fanteam; here's their latest email;

FanTeam has listened to our users feedback and enabled two free withdrawals per month.

A few weeks ago we implemented Nolt so we could receive customer feedback from our valued community. Some suggestions are easy to implement and others will be put on our roadmap. However one subject which was raised numerous times were the withdrawals fees.

After some internal discussions, based on the Nolt feedback, we have decided to give all users two free withdrawals per calender month. This is effective as of today 12.00 CET.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I don’t think they are a bad company..,quite customer centric imop.

Good luck
To
Anyone still in the hunt after the marathon of this season.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Not sure if I feel sorry for Jeanpaul or not.... drop from 200k to 60k on the final day. Well played to check josh though quality player only entered a few teams too 👏

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Brutal swing from where he was...

All my 6 teams cashed. For just over 1500..

Decent - but can't help feeling disappointed. Was 14th and within 40 pts of leaders at one stage was hoping to kick on.....

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Shit finish for me - 497th and 517th in my top two teams and 3 of my 5 got my money back. Made the tiniest profit 🤨which will all be going back into the euro game anyway. Roll on the 11th June

LoneGunner
Treebeard

Post by LoneGunner »

Good to see the smaller entries picking up the main prizes: winner with 12 teams, 2nd with 2 teams, 3rd with 10 teams. By comparison, a mega multi like Sandor had a pitiful competition - 200+ entries with best placed finish of 478th.

An odd season in some ways for me. 4/6 placed but top team dropped from around 140th to outside the top 2000 in the end, minuscule profit overall. Treading water for the final two months of the season and that run of Friday deadlines was brutal, couldn't keep up with the pre-planning needed around other commitments; week after week of putting teams in at the last minute and didn't even look at a monster/sidegame after GW30. I had planned to increase entries for 2021-22 but if the schedule has any uncertainties, it would really make me think twice.

Congrats to those who placed well and took home some dollar.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

That’s really a telling stat for me….

So many of the multis bombed….I remember Cujo Jr flying high at one point and can’t believe Sandors’ best finish.

I think lots of people myself included underestimated the sheer volume of work and management that is required tonnage a significant number of teams.

Quite telling imop that the winners were as above.

How did CBN and Block get on (I bombed in all
Mine).

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Just pipped you Yorkie in 37th. Definitely a case of what might have been - suspect it’ll be more competitive next season...😐

I totally agree that this is not a comp where you need loads of teams. Your edge plays out over so many weeks. If I enter more than ten next season then they’ll be duplicates.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I only recouped a couple of hundred so down for the season, but still up on Fanteam overall. My mistake was entering 30 distinct teams and discarding most of them before Xmas (much like Ricky did) as it was simply too many transfers to make and too many teams to keep track of. Will definitely be adopting the 3 x 10 model of CBN next season.

Where's next seasons game? Thought it went live on the evening of the final games last year.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

They have a £1m euro game to sell!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”