To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New money league recruitment, mini-draft every week

A forum for all Draft FPL Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users).
taivt
FISOhead
FS Record: 2 times Fiso H2H Premier League Winner in 2020-2021 and 2021-2022

Re: New money league recruitment, mini-draft every week

Post by taivt »

wahine wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 03:59 Also, could everyone agree to finish out the season (baring catastrophic events) or at least put your players back into the pool so that we don't lose players out of the draft market
When I can not continue the game, I decide to keep the team unchanged instead of putting players to the pool because the league will continue with fixtures of my team, if I remove players , the following fixtures will be easier than the previous fixtures.

wahine wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 03:59
Maybe the 10 pounds could be used for third place? an incentive to get a free game next year?
sound a good idea.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

I see what you are saying taivt but your team SHOULD have been easier to play because you would otherwise have lost your top scoring player, but they were still there. No worries but its a game that relies on everyone to see it through if possible...

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

wahine wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 03:59 yes i am in :) , as to fees it needs to be up for discussion as Dareel had deductions out of his winnings and I still have 10 pounds on hold for the pot. That can be sent to someone along with my entry for this season or can be held for now, but still it incurs fees when transferred to UK, that are excessive relative to the small amount being sent.
I have since found that when sending to UK that TransferWise is much cheaper for small amounts worldwide, it goes from Bank Account to Bank Account though. I used it to pay SamD and no worries, there is a referral incentive for the first transfer fee that is free.
Also, could everyone agree to finish out the season (baring catastrophic events) or at least put your players back into the pool so that we don't lose players out of the draft market and don't have to beat Average. :roll: I still believe its a game where anyone can come from last position in a few short weeks so worth playing out.
Maybe the 10 pounds could be used for third place? an incentive to get a free game next year?
Agree on all points. I don't care about losing a few quid on pay pal fees though in all honesty. Not a problem as i wouldn't want the sender out of pocket.

The only other thing is if in the small chance the game gets cancelled for COVID. I suggest we have a cut off point. Or some rule on how far the leader has to be in front to be declared the winner. I didn't really like the " lets cancel entire game idea " after 30 games of effort but i will go with majority . Just be good to know what to expect if the worse happens.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

yes, well if the game gets stalled again and can not restart where it left off we should abandon it because it' s a game of timing and, as it was the first season we don't really know what would have happened had there been no interruption, we know Ardrageen had a mighty strong team that looked like it would peak at the right time, and Dareel beat the odds by keeping the lead after appearing to have a team in decline, but there were advantages and disadvantages for everyone for various reasons during the Lockdown due to Covid-19 and when Winter comes, (i'm less optimistic that there is a " small chance" - as the RNA is changing), if there was an interruption after 30 games then maybe I could agree to half the prize being paid out but it would have to be decided by consensus vote at the time. Such is the ability to rise and fall in rankings quickly.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

wahine wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 09:05 yes, well if the game gets stalled again and can not restart where it left off we should abandon it because it' s a game of timing and, as it was the first season we don't really know what would have happened had there been no interruption, we know Ardrageen had a mighty strong team that looked like it would peak at the right time, and Dareel beat the odds by keeping the lead after appearing to have a team in decline, but there were advantages and disadvantages for everyone for various reasons during the Lockdown due to Covid-19 and when Winter comes, (i'm less optimistic that there is a " small chance" - as the RNA is changing), if there was an interruption after 30 games then maybe I could agree to half the prize being paid out but it would have to be decided by consensus vote at the time. Such is the ability to rise and fall in rankings quickly.
I do know what you are saying . It was more the work put in felt wasted more than the cash as we do spend a bit of time on this. I had to with the dross i had to play with :lol:

I like the half pay out after 30 games but i certainly am not going to object to abandoning the game so long as it is clear from the start. Tai should have final say but one to maybe get opinion on from all members.

Definitely think the rule about people missing their player should stand. No one picks them up in that Gameweek? If they miss them completely maybe then they should be freed up to everyone the following game week? Thoughts?

Dino as a new member please feel free to have an opinion on any of the rules etc. Tai ultimately makes the rules but last year we were open to opinions

taivt
FISOhead

Post by taivt »

This is what a prepare for the new topic, please focus on the "Notes" section:

- Format: H2H.
- Fee: 10£ (one of the members will hold the money)
- League size: 6 to 8.
- Draft date: 5th September at 9PM GMT+0
- Rules: After each gameweek, every team must tranfer out one top point scorer of the team in this gameweek (include players on bench) via waivers of free agency. There will be mini-draft in the following gameweek and so on.
- Prize: 1st: 75% - 2nd: 25%
- Penalty:
+ Each team will have one "out-of-jail" card for first fault
+ Second fault will cost 50% of his/her prize. This will go to next year pot.
+ Third fault will eliminate him/her.
+ The missing-transfer-player will be must-tranfer-player in the next gameweek (along with the new must-transfer-player)

*** Note:
+ If the Premier League is terminated, prizes will be divided equally to those who still can reach them.
+ If the Premier League is suspended and continued again but the original league can not work, the new league with same squads will be applied, first waiver round will be registered on the forum topic.
Last edited by taivt on 16 Aug 2020, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

taivt wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 03:08
dino1980 wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 19:39 If there's any space I'd happily join this year.
Welcome aboard Dino
As I see Matty and Will will not play, so we need to fill 2 slots, and Dino get one.

Everybody please confirm if you will continue or not.

Anyone want to hold the money please raise your hand.

Confirmed member:
1. taivt
2. DAREEL
3. S_sutton87
4. Jok57
5. dino1980
6. thebillfella
Happy to join this again and can hold the PayPal pot if no one else has already volunteered?

taivt
FISOhead

Post by taivt »

thebillfella wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 10:31
taivt wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 03:08
dino1980 wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 19:39 If there's any space I'd happily join this year.
Welcome aboard Dino
As I see Matty and Will will not play, so we need to fill 2 slots, and Dino get one.

Everybody please confirm if you will continue or not.

Anyone want to hold the money please raise your hand.

Confirmed member:
1. taivt
2. DAREEL
3. S_sutton87
4. Jok57
5. dino1980
6. wahine
7. thebillfella
Happy to join this again and can hold the PayPal pot if no one else has already volunteered?
You should quote the later post of wahine (I have corrected it)

So we have 7 members, I will post a new topic to get one more.

taivt
FISOhead

Post by taivt »

Please move to the new topic, subscribe it to get notified:

viewtopic.php?f=378&t=132492

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft Mini-Leagues & Side Games”