To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Regulars Draft League

A forum for all Draft FPL Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users).
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: FISO Regulars Draft League

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah! #GetMoSe is having an effect. :lol:

For once he actually stumbled instead of steadily walking on. I still can't break through that 44-point deficit, though. :(

PB's team was a huge riser this week, 68 points. :!: He has Mané, Coutinho, Arnie, Alli, Lingard across the midfield; I have no idea how he managed to get such a good midfield in a 10-team draft league. :o Fortunately for the rest of us his strikers all live right at the bottom of the barrel. :lol:

TheUsername was the other big riser, his huge Chelsea defensive block (Azpi, Cahill, Alonso) is paying off now with Chelsea having 3 CSs in a row. He also has Walker and Jones. It's a defence that Aldershot Rejects would be proud of. :wink:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Bulgarche

Bulgarche was the paradigm manager for a 5-premium defenders in FPL, when I joined here in 2014 his fame resonated in the forums, even though he might not have kept up to his name recently

"a bulgarchean defence"

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I had the calculator moment this afternoon when my midfielder’s penalty was saved by my goalkeeper. +5 I think although Mili would probably have got Ederson’s bonus if it had gone in

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Aurier got a very sneaky bonus point for me tonight, presumably for fouling Lanzini in the build-up to Son's goal. :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

MoSe right now. :wink:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Nose bleed time for me. :lol:

Poor old MoSe is beginning to look like a long-time breakaway leader that just got caught by the peloton. :( There are 6 teams within 50 points of the leader now. :shock:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

#GetRuth

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:#GetRuth

It has already happened MoSe. My team is the pits this week. Someone got Danilo before me, someone else got Ibe before me and I am left with this steaming pile...

Pope
Moses Zouma Mustafi Cresswell
Zaha Pogba Mooy Eriksen BernardoSilva
Welbeck

It comes to something when Welbeck is the best - in fact only - striker you can put on the pitch. :roll: :cry:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 11:58 My team is the pits this week.

Your defenders are facing Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield, and Palace. Bernardo Silva could be a very shrewd pick if he gets significant minutes, Pogba has the type of fixture where he usually does well, and you have a Spurs midfielder in a game where they will likely demolish Southampton.

You're also top of the league. Chin up, eh? :D

Some of us are starting Peter Crouch as their lone striker this week. :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:You're also top of the league. Chin up, eh? :D
Some of us are starting Peter Crouch as their lone striker this week. :lol:

That's why I posted my team. May as well put it up in lights for my one and only week at #1. :lol:
How did you end up with no proper striker anyway, PB? In a 10-team draft everyone should be able to get at least one, no?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 16:07 How did you end up with no proper striker anyway, PB? In a 10-team draft everyone should be able to get at least one, no?

I was last pick in the original Draft. Had to watch on helplessly as every single one of Agüero, Jesus, Kane, Lacazette, Lukaku, and Morata were snapped up. Could have had Firmino but opted for Mané instead with my first pick (could have had Salah instead of Mané but I went with the "safe" option :roll:). Vardy was gone too by the time I got to pick again. Could have had Rooney but Everton's initial fixtures put me off. Was left with Austin, Benteke, and Rodriguez in my original team. Been chopping and changing all season with little success. I gambled early on Zlatan, that didn't work out. Tried to get Tosun last week but Mo Bot beat me to the punch. I've had good strikers from good teams at various points when they were viable picks (Batshuayi, Giroud, Sturridge) but could never seem to get the timing right.

I'm not too bothered though. If anything, it's testament to my managerial abilities that I'm only 12 points off the lead with no proper strikers in my squad. :wink:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

As predicted, my stay at #1 was short-lived because MoSe walked past me again. :lol:
With Özil, Aguero and Shaqiri in his team he looks set for some good weeks upcoming too.
It's much closer at the top now with only 16 points between 1st and 4th.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Four Bournemouth players... What am I doing?!

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Joccki_10 wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 22:27 Four Bournemouth players... What am I doing?!

Looking beyond GW25, that's for damn sure! :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Doucouré gives snakzz the lead at 88' & 92' :shock:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

MoSe wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 23:54 Doucouré gives snakzz the lead at 88' & 92' :shock:

The guy who didn't make a transfer until GW18?! :shock: :lol: Well done, Mr. snakzz. I guess patience is key! :D

Just checked the standings there - it's awfully tight at the top now! I fell back a bit this week with a disastrous score of 19.

Oh well. At least I'll be 6th pick in the next round of waivers instead of 8th. :roll:

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 00:26
MoSe wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 23:54 Doucouré gives snakzz the lead at 88' & 92' :shock:

The guy who didn't make a transfer until GW18?! :shock: :lol: Well done, Mr. snakzz. I guess patience is key! :D

Just checked the standings there - it's awfully tight at the top now! I fell back a bit this week with a disastrous score of 19.

Oh well. At least I'll be 6th pick in the next round of waivers instead of 8th. :roll:
I had 8 waivers last week, only got 1 lool :S

Where can I see what pick I will get? :S

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Reverse table order, thru all waivers
i.e. 10th gets one, then 9th one, then 8th ... till 1st, then 10th gets his/her 2nd waiver if there's still some, and so on

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

I had to check in the Draft Room.
I managed to get Agüero with the 6th pick...
Player PT Round Pick Manager

Kane TOT FWD 167 1 1 DW
Heaton BUR GKP 8 1 2 NO
Lukaku MUN FWD 117 1 3 Jv
De Bruyne MCI MID 172 1 4 RH
Hazard CHE MID 122 1 5 KM
Agüero MCI FWD 159 1 6 BB

Still not the top scorer, but... (3Bp not yet added)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 00:26
Just checked the standings there - it's awfully tight at the top now!
temporary change in lead again

including subs:

1179p MoSe all-out
1169p snakzz +Courtois

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Well done MoSe. Back on top where you belong. :D

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 01:12 Well done MoSe. Back on top where you belong. :D
:oops: :oops:

Naughton on bench was painfull.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

not having Kun in FPL was painful, soddraft! :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Long time since an update so about time we had one. :)

MoSe is back on top with a 7-point lead over snakzz. Silva and Shaqiri did the business for him in a low-scoring week but he's in a pretty poor state of preparation for GW31 with only 5 players, two if which are Lovren and Depoitre who may not play. He could really do with something good from Özil through Arsenal's good upcoming run.

Snakzz is in 2nd place and with KDB, Salah and Firmino in his team it's a wonder why he was lagging behind earlier on. :shock: But he's even worse for GW31 with 3 players.

My team is in 3rd but a fair way back, a few weeks ago the top 6 places were covered by 28 points but now that has stretched out to 65. I'm struggling because my #1 draft pick, Jesus, has been injured and doesn't look like starting many even now he's fit. Maybe once City have clinched the title? I'm also in dire straits for GW31 with only 4 players now thanks to Deulofeu's injury (yes, I have him in draft as well). :roll:

Joccki is 10 points behind me in 4th and not surprisingly has sorted himself out properly for GW31, he has 7 players, mostly likely starters, having beaten me to the draw to get Matip this week. Mind you, 4 of those are Bournemouth players so I'm not sure he's really much better off than anyone else. :lol: He'll be hoping that Lukaku makes the best of a decent fixture this week.

Pirlo's Beard has also sorted the blank GW out and has added Defoe, Zanka and Pritchard this week to give himself 8 potential GW31 starters. :!: How he has survived without a recognisable striker for so long is bewildering but he'll hope Mané's resurgence will continue for him.

And wahine is in 6th, 65 points behind MoSe. Kane and Sterling have kept her going and with the addition of Mounié this week she now has 9 for GW31, they look quite a good selection too. So the 4th-6th teams could well close the gap in GW31 as things currently stand. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 02 Mar 2018, 16:08, edited 4 times in total.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 13:05 How he has survived without a recognisable striker for so long is bewildering

*cough*good management*cough*

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Also, Ruth, just to note, West Ham don't have a GW31 fixture, so some of us have less GW31 players than you thought.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: Also, Ruth, just to note, West Ham don't have a GW31 fixture, so some of us have less GW31 players than you thought.

I don't think I counted them, apart from Reid. :oops:
Not gonna do the bloody thing again anyway. :P :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 15:57 I don't think I counted them, apart from Reid. :oops:

You counted Lanzini for me too. :wink: I only have 8 potentials instead of 9, unfortunately.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: I don't think I counted them, apart from Reid. :oops:
You counted Lanzini for me too. :wink: I only have 8 potentials instead of 9, unfortunately.

Corrected them all now. Snakzz increased to 5 by taking Schindler and Baines on free agency. I should have kept quiet. :)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 16:10 I should have kept quiet. :)

No no, I enjoy these updates. Keep up the good work! :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft Mini-Leagues & Side Games”