To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL DRAFT MONEY LEAGUE 2017/18 - Beerfuelledman wins!

A forum for all Draft FPL Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users).
Tacalabala
FISO Knight

FPL DRAFT MONEY LEAGUE 2017/18 - Beerfuelledman wins!

Post by Tacalabala »

As some of you will know, I have been trying to find out how much interest there might be forthis, and I feel confident that we can go ahead, so here it is, a cash game (my first as an chairman!) for the new FPL Draft game which is due to launch in the coming week. Please read through the rules thoroughly before committing....

- Structure -

- This a 18 player competition in which each player will enter two teams, one in a classic points league, one in a head-to-head league.
- The leagues (both points and head-to-head) will be restricted to 9 players, so there will be four leagues of 9 players of both points and head-to-head.
- Drafts will take place on Sunday August 6th, at 10:00 UK time (BST) for points leagues and 14:00 UK time (BST) for head-to-head leagues.
- The price of entry is £32.
- Once payment is confirmed, I will send to you via PM two join codes - one for a classic points league and one for a head-to-head league. Enter both leagues as soon as possible - please name the teams your FISO username followed by ‘POINTS’ or ‘H2H’ depending on league type, for example ‘Tacalabala POINTS’ for the classic points league and ‘Tacalabala H2H’ for the head-to-head league
- The game will be run by me and I will also hold the prize money. You should familiarise yourself with the standard disclaimer.
- All prizes will be paid out at the end of the season.
05/08/2017 - The prize fund of £576.00 has been deposited in a savings account under my name in my bank. The fund will remain in this account for the duration of the competition.

- Prizes -

The £576 prize pool (£32 x 18) will be distributed as follows:

1st placed highest scoring player - Player whose two teams have the very highest combined FPL points score - £250 - Beerfuelledman
2nd placed highest scoring player - Player whose two teams have the 2nd highest combined FPL points score - £100 - Mav3rick
**FA Cup - Winner of sidegame knock-out competition - £76 - Deferred as winner, Mav3rick, finished 2nd overall
3rd placed highest scoring player - Deferred FA Cup prize - £76 - SL8
**Classic Shield - Player who wins their classic points league by the biggest margin (1) - £75 - Deferred as winner, Beerfuelledman, finished 1st overall
4th place highest scoring player - Deferred Classic Shield prize - £75 - Taivt
**H2H Shield - Player wins their head-to-head league by the biggest margin (2) - £75 - Matty B H2H

If there is no outright winner of any prize, the prize(s) will be shared between all tied players. For example, if two players are tied for 1st place, the prizes for both 1st and 2nd will be shared between both (£175 each).

** If any of the winners of these prizes also wins one of the two ‘main’ prizes (1st and 2nd), the prize for the given competition will instead go to the next best combined scoring player (3rd to 5th).
(1) Most FPL points separating 1st from 2nd in league
(2) Most league points separating 1st from 2nd in league

- League format -

There will be four leagues in all; four classic points leagues, and four head-to-head leagues:
Classic points leagues:
FISO ML POINTS A
FISO ML POINTS B
Head-to-head league:
FISO ML H2H A
FISO ML H2H B

Upon paying the entry fee, every player will be given a code for one of each type of league. In order to ensure variety, half of the members of POINTS A and POINTS B will be in H2H B.

The classic points league will be simply that, a race to score the most points over the course of the season. The head-to-head leagues will not have a play-off in the closing weeks of the season, but will follow a full programme of fixtures throughout. As such, every player will play each other at least 4 times for 32 games, with the remaining 6 games allocated by FPL Draft - this repetition of head-to-head encounters should mitigate against the potential ‘strength of schedule’ issues.

- FA Cup format -

Only outright winners will advance - replays will be played in subsequent Gameweek(s) until an outright winner emerges.

The dates of the rounds are provisionally set as follows:

Preliminary Round - Gameweek 8
First Round - GW11
Second Round - GW15
Quarter Finals - GW23 (Rearranged from DGW22)
Semi Finals - GW24
Final - GW25

To ensure fairness for all teams, FA Cup rounds will only take place on Gameweeks in which exactly 10 Premier League games between all 20 Premier League teams take place. If, with more than 24 hours notice before the trading deadline, this condition is not met, the round will be moved to the next week in which such conditions are met. This may result in date changes for later rounds.

All round draws will be seeded, by FPL points as they stand in the Gameweek proceeding the Round, such that the top team will play the bottom team, 2nd top versus 2nd bottom, and so on. This is irrespective of the league from which teams come from.

The Preliminary Round will see the bottom eight teams by FPL points across all leagues play for the right to advance to the 'main draw' in the First Round.

There will be no restriction on which teams may be drawn together in any Round. As such, two teams managed by the same player may play each other.

GOOGLE LIVE SHEET - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

League Links

POINTS A - https://ratemyteam.uk/FISO/DraftLeague/3619
POINTS B - https://ratemyteam.uk/FISO/DraftLeague/9140
H2H A - https://ratemyteam.uk/FISO/DraftLeague/8750
H2H B - https://ratemyteam.uk/FISO/DraftLeague/8626
Last edited by Tacalabala on 22 Jul 2017, 00:25, edited 7 times in total.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: FPL DRAFT MONEY LEAGUE - £32 ENTRY / 32 PLACES / £500 TOP PRIZE - ENTER NOW!

Post by Tacalabala »

DEADLINE - Sunday August 6th at 10:00 UK time (BST)

PAID ENTRIES - 18

PAID AMOUNT - £576

ENTERED:
Tacalabala
Mad dog
Beerfuelledman
Matty B
dino1980
Zuluwarrior
thebillfella
DAREEL
robot
Crocker
nickchild
SL8
taivt
Vsz
Tall Paul
Jok57
Mav3rick
Ctibbits
Last edited by Tacalabala on 22 Jul 2017, 18:13, edited 9 times in total.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: FPL DRAFT MONEY LEAGUE - £32 ENTRY / 32 PLACES / £500 TOP PRIZE - ENTER NOW!

Post by Tacalabala »

Current leagues:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tacalabala on 22 Jul 2017, 18:16, edited 3 times in total.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Paid mate

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Nice one!

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I'm really confused by this. These are only draft league teams we are talking about? We have to have 2 draft teams, one for the classic league and one for the h2h? Why don't we have one draft team that is in both leagues? And the team name must be the FISO ID? Sorry if I'm being dim here, just trying to work it out!

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

hancockjr wrote:I'm really confused by this. These are only draft league teams we are talking about? We have to have 2 draft teams, one for the classic league and one for the h2h? Why don't we have one draft team that is in both leagues? And the team name must be the FISO ID? Sorry if I'm being dim here, just trying to work it out!
You can't have one team in two leagues, how would a draft work across two different leagues?!

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

You have 8 teams and you play a classic league against them and a h2h?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

hancockjr wrote:You have 8 teams and you play a classic league against them and a h2h?
I think you need to re-read the OP

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

hancockjr wrote:Why don't we have one draft team that is in both leagues?
xcusme if i interlope where im not in...

In draft, you do NOT have a team, THEN join it in a league

you FIRST join a league, then you draft a unique team in a draft "against" the other managers in that league, to play it.

In another league, you have to go thru another draft vs different managers (or even the same, but you run a new draft anyway) thus you'll come out with another team, unique to that league.

Each league has its own draft, generating unique teams specific to that league only

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

I would like to ask, can you enter multiple draft leagues, will the system at FPL towers be able to handle the draft if 4 million people enter multiple leagues ?
just read that you could enter up to ten leagues, that should satisfy anyone who likes multiple entries. :D
Anyway i wont be donating here due to lack of knowledge of how it all works.. especially the trades...but will watch with interest, and enter a rookies league.
Does anyone know if the watchlist we create would be used for all/each league you enter or would a different watchlist be made for each one.. :?:
due to time difference this is how I would have to enter a draft team.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I've still not seen anywhere that a H2H option will be available...

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Any news on release day I know it said commencing from today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

S_sutton87 wrote:Any news on release day I know it said commencing from today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm just waiting for this too . I'll be joining this at the end of this week. Not sure I'm around on draft day so just want to check it out visually to get a feel for how the automation works just incase.

Hopefully we will fill this it looks quite intresting . Be a shame if we can't as i like your idea . Think 2 teams each gives you a chance still if you end up with a lesser team plagued by injuries in one.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

bspittles wrote:I've still not seen anywhere that a H2H option will be available...
Here are a couple of sites which are saying it will be available in both classic and H2H formats:
http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... -revealed/
http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/fanta ... -rankings/

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Paid mate

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Talkie Toaster wrote:
bspittles wrote:I've still not seen anywhere that a H2H option will be available...
Here are a couple of sites which are saying it will be available in both classic and H2H formats:
http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... -revealed/
http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/fanta ... -rankings/
Ta :-)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

MoSe has explained it really well, certainly for someone not in their first language - one team for each league in Draft, because your team is made up of the players drafted between all the teams in that league. It simply would not work if teams belonged to multiple leagues. And as DAREEL says you get two teams in this because there is that risk that you get a really terrible draft in one of your teams.

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

will give this a go please ... paid !

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Paid.

Only question I have is to do with combined points and the eventual winners. I assume we're counting the number of FPL Points scored in H2H leagues e.g 1,735 and not the total number of points won in H2H league e.g 51. And that the H2H element is for variety/to determine the shield winner?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

dino1980 wrote:Paid.

Only question I have is to do with combined points and the eventual winners. I assume we're counting the number of FPL Points scored in H2H leagues e.g 1,735 and not the total number of points won in H2H league e.g 51. And that the H2H element is for variety/to determine the shield winner?
Correct, combined FPL points but I thought it would be a bit of fun to have both types of leagues.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Cheers, thank you for clarification.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Go on I'll give this a go.

Paid.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Paid! Looking forward to this

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

Any idea how long the draft will take? I'm up in London that weekend for the World Athletics and will be relying on signal, phone battery etc. Length of string, really, I know, but aiming for what ballpark time?

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

You can set up a watch list in order of your preferred picks apparently so this becomes less of an issue if you can't get in the draft as the automation will go to the next player on your watch list that is available . I'm assuming most people would create a list like this anyway before it starts

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

SE wrote:Any idea how long the draft will take?
moved my reply and considerations in a more general topic :)
viewtopic.php?p=3068486#p3068486

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

thebillfella wrote:Go on I'll give this a go.

Paid.
Bill, I've had to refund your payment as its taken taken a fee off because you paid in as 'Good & Services'. Try again as personal gift/friend payment and I should get the full £32.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Tacalabala wrote:MoSe has explained it really well, certainly for someone not in their first language - one team for each league in Draft, because your team is made up of the players drafted between all the teams in that league. It simply would not work if teams belonged to multiple leagues. And as DAREEL says you get two teams in this because there is that risk that you get a really terrible draft in one of your teams.
I still don't get it. Why can't 8 people draft a team each and each week among those teams you play a classic league match and a H2H match? Either against same opponent or different?

If this is 2 teams each because that's what you want fine, but just trying to see if I'm missing something, as people seem to say it's not possible and I don't get why.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

hancockjr wrote:
Tacalabala wrote:MoSe has explained it really well, certainly for someone not in their first language - one team for each league in Draft, because your team is made up of the players drafted between all the teams in that league. It simply would not work if teams belonged to multiple leagues. And as DAREEL says you get two teams in this because there is that risk that you get a really terrible draft in one of your teams.
I still don't get it. Why can't 8 people draft a team each and each week among those teams you play a classic league match and a H2H match? Either against same opponent or different?

If this is 2 teams each because that's what you want fine, but just trying to see if I'm missing something, as people seem to say it's not possible and I don't get why.
Explain to me how a draft works....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft Mini-Leagues & Side Games”