To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Optimum/max amount of managers in FPL league with draft

FPL Draft format starting in 2017/18
Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Optimum/max amount of managers in FPL league with draft

Post by Ralfbergs »

So I have played a draft style league, but without FPL Draft, for like 8 or something last seasons. We don't use FPL draft as for us more interesting to play with budget and 3 players from one team restrictions.
So given that we have those restrictions - what do people who have tried something similar think - what would be the optimum or maximum amount of participants in such league?

Our traditional amount was 5 managers and one year we had 6. This year there is a chance to involve more players, but that would mean 7 managers in total - is it too much, given that there are prices and restriction of 3 players from same club?
(I mean obviously it is still playable, but I want it to also be enjoyable instead of fighting for scraps each gameweek)

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Re: Optimum/max amount of managers in FPL league with draft

Post by dino1980 »

Seven is fine. Six to eight is what I've found to be optimum. Ten is the absolute upper limit I'd go to, but find that anything over eight is detrimental to the enjoyment of the game.

You might know of it already, there's a site called Draft Fantasy UK, where you can run auction leagues, restrict to three players per team etc. They even have an option to use something called the Kante Rule, which increases the player pool further and it rewards tackles and interceptions.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Ralfbergs wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 12:52 So I have played a draft style league, but without FPL Draft, for like 8 or something last seasons. We don't use FPL draft as for us more interesting to play with budget and 3 players from one team restrictions.
So given that we have those restrictions - what do people who have tried something similar think - what would be the optimum or maximum amount of participants in such league?

Our traditional amount was 5 managers and one year we had 6. This year there is a chance to involve more players, but that would mean 7 managers in total - is it too much, given that there are prices and restriction of 3 players from same club?
(I mean obviously it is still playable, but I want it to also be enjoyable instead of fighting for scraps each gameweek)
8 is perfect imo. 6 or 7 is fine. Any more than 8 takes the fun away because it gets more like a lottery with such a poor waiver pool. Even the draft is painful which is meant to be the most fun part .

Saying that I could be convinced to play up to 10 rather than not at all. Any more, forget it

Ardrageen
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Retired from FPL. Used to be ok at it. 120th FPL. 1st FFS HOF.

Post by Ardrageen »

I think 6 is perfect. 8 is the max for me and 10 is just painful.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

Ardrageen wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 13:36 I think 6 is perfect. 8 is the max for me and 10 is just painful.
Yeah about 6 I have no doubt that shouldn't be problematic. Tried to make 7 similar teams with different players and FPL prices - seems like if one person is bad at draft strategy, that person could easily end up with a bad team with not many choices of replacements. Especially it is like that with options of strikers.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft”