To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Waiver order

FPL Draft format starting in 2017/18
dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Waiver order

Post by dino1980 »

C&P from FFS. Interesting breakdown of how the waivers actually work, I thought the same as the OP (Deulofail) and order my waivers in the same way as he does. Maybe some other managers are in the same boat?

I've just realised, by looking at the relatively new waiver transaction history on the home page, that waivers are done turn by turn, regardless of whether your waiver was successful.

i.e. If my waive is Fabragas > Doucoure, and somebody already got Doucoure in the waiver, then my waiver is unsuccessful, and it moves onto the next manager's waiver. It doesn't then go to my next priority, e.g. Fabregas > someone else.

I've played the whole season at the top of my league, lining up multiple possible transfers for each player I want to sell, thinking that if the option I want has gone, I will still get the second option, unless he has also gone, etc.

It's already (rightly) weighted against the league leader by ordering waivers from bottom of the league to the top. It seems too much to also only allow one attempt at a transfer (either choosing the player you want and won't get or choosing a layer you don't want as much because they're less coveted) before the waiver priority goes back to the bottom of the league.

Does that make sense? Did you already know this? Was it obvious? Should it be different?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: Waiver order

Post by MoSe »

I think the several Waivers Reports (hmmm... wasn't that a musical group? ;)) Talkie Toaster posted for his Draft League would deny that, but I didn't review them in depth
Reading them, it looked like when it was your turn it kept moving on to your next request till you were granted one or your list ended, before moving on to the next player

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Yeah, I've noticed that the transaction order on the home tab is often rather jumbled so I don't take too much notice of it.
I find Mav3rick's draft tool is more useful for working out what has happened during waivers.

Hopefully this example from GW32 of the First Draft League will clear things up:
viewtopic.php?f=378&t=125118&start=153

You can see here that Talkie Toaster took Willian in the 1st round.
Next, still in the 1st round, wahine also tried to take Willian but failed.
If wahine's turn were to end there then we could skip ahead to the start of round 2 where Talkie Toaster requests Martial which should be successful, however we can see that it actually fails and wahine ends up with Martial instead.
The only explanation for this is that wahine's turn didn't end with the unsuccessful request, but moved on to the next request where she took Martial first.

So carry on making your requests the same way you have all season and don't take too much notice of the order in the fpl waiver report.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It must surely work as we expect, it just would make no sense if your unsuccessful waiver meant the end of your turn! It looks like TT is confident too, based on what he reports each week in the First Draft thread.

I look at the state of my transactions as each deadline passes and I must admit I don't recall looking at my failed waivers and thinking that I missed out.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I had first hand experience of testing this out during the week after the January transfer window closed - and I believe Talkie Toasters conclusions are correct. It must just be a quirk of presentation.

If you're above me in the league and we both list the same 4 players in the same order, with no interference from others, I end up with players 1 and 3 and you would end up with 2 and 4 which also seems perfectly logical. The alternative would be that I get all four!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft”