To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW strategy in draft leagues

FPL Draft format starting in 2017/18
OIEIAO
FISOhead

DGW strategy in draft leagues

Post by OIEIAO »

I can see this leading to some interesting tactical battles, maybe even more so than normal FPL.

Maxing out on DGW players - how soon would you bring them in to beat your rivals? Would you rip your team up totally in week 37 for a final boost?
Big defensive blocks possible?

Covering blanks should be easy as you only ever need 11 players each week.

I appreciate some of you are rivals of one another so may be coy over strategies - I'm only in a non FISO draft league.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Re: DGW strategy in draft leagues

Post by Talkie Toaster »

It's going to be interesting to see how this works out over the remainder of the season.

As most draft squads are a bit of a mix-bag then I think you're right, in general, about blank weeks being easy to cover. However there may be some squads that struggle with them, especially squads that have taken advantage of there being no restrictions on having more than 3 players from one team. If your blanking players are fringe players then it's no problem to transfer them out for other fringe players in the blank weeks, although your opponents may view them as prime targets as they will get a DGW later on. If it's core players who have a BGW though, then I expect most people will choose to keep them rather than risk losing them in waivers (unless you're bottom of your league :P ). Of course in a classic league you can just take the view that BGWs and DGWs will all even out by the end of the season so hanging on to blanking core players doesn't cost you anything (just a missed opportunity to maybe do a bit better), but in H2H leagues it can be more complicated as your objective is just to score more points than your weekly opponent rather than to maximize your score every week.

I don't have a clue at the moment what my DGW strategy is likely to be. I suppose it will become clearer once we know exactly who is involved and when. It will be interesting to see the extent to which players who have been overlooked for most of the season suddenly become sought after because they have an extra GW.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft”