To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Draft money league anyone?

FPL Draft format starting in 2017/18
Jok57
FISOhead
FS Record: 11th overall OFL Classic 2014/15. Ist Fiso league OFL 2016/17.2nd Cheap as chips 2017/18.( by 1 point).

Re: FPL Draft money league anyone?

Post by Jok57 »

I will look into this as well and am interested. I'm not keen though on the winner takes all suggestion. Much better to have a few prize winners.

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

I'm interested.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Yep, interested.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Might be up for this, if not too time consuming. I was in the TFF draft league last year, which has been running now for a few seasons... might be worth having a look at the format of that to see if there are any pointers re what works/doesn't.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

CBN wrote:I don't know why you need so many entrants?

8 entrants at £30-£50, winner takes all, job done.

I would be interested in something like that.
I agree with this, no more than 12 anyway. I'd be up for it too.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
CBN wrote:I don't know why you need so many entrants?

8 entrants at £30-£50, winner takes all, job done.

I would be interested in something like that.
I agree with this, no more than 12 anyway. I'd be up for it too.
it seems many don't agree with Taca's idea...
Tacalabala wrote:What I had in mind was...

- 32 managers, no more no less

- Two teams each, one in a classic points league (4 leagues of 8) and one in a H2H league (4 leagues of 8)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Truth is, I never played a draft league before and don't really understand it. Probably very time-consuming with all the waivers and so on but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it. So I'd rather start with a small league and not spend a fortune on it really.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Problem is if there are too many players you will end up with garbage that are just team fillers and are going to give you 1 or 2 points a game. I think folk could lose intrest if they only have 5 or 6 scoring players with the rest of the rammel just filling up spots are getting 2 points per game.

I think 6 to 8 players is ample and keeps it intresting. Can you imagine with 12 players and having the first pick..bringing in Kane then 24 picks later ( as your last in the next round) who will be left? And that's only the first and second round.

Correct me if I've got the wrong idea though. I'm not used to these draft leagues

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

FPL have advised that they have found leagues of 8 to be the best number, therefore league of 8 x 4 = 32 teams.

I've had over 20 expressions of interest so far, so it's very likely I am going to proceed with this as proposed - I do hope that once the admins have approved and I've posted the outline, that people's concerns will be answered to a certain extent, enough to at least join. Maybe I'm greedy, but I think we have to have a sizeable prize pool and a format that tries to balance out the imperfections of the draft concept, thus everyone having two teams.

Drafts are very popular in America and big money, far bigger than £32 each, is put up as an entry fee, so I feel this is fair price point.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

DAREEL wrote:Problem is if there are too many players you will end up with garbage that are just team fillers...

I think 6 to 8 players is ample and keeps it intresting.
Tacalabala wrote:(4 leagues of 8)
I think there's wide consensus expressed here about 8-teams leagues

But if you define 6 as "ample" then I must review my knowledge of english language, lol

8 teams pick 120 players and field 88 every gw, when 220 start in a PL gw, and at least 160 play 60' or more.

I thought that trying 10 or 12 teams would force players to investigate beyond the pool of the obvious ones, into the usually overlooked ones to find those who can give you a little edge.
But I admit my draft leagues experience is rather out of date.
I'd be fine with 8-team leagues.

6 teams tho would require a league to only pick 90 and field 66 every gw, that's just 30% of PL starters.
I think it woukd make it too easy for managers to pick just into the best 30% players pool... :? Where's the challenge?

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

MoSe wrote:
DAREEL wrote:Problem is if there are too many players you will end up with garbage that are just team fillers...

I think 6 to 8 players is ample and keeps it intresting.
Tacalabala wrote:(4 leagues of 8)
I think there's wide consensus expressed here about 8-teams leagues

But if you define 6 as "ample" then I must review my knowledge of english language, lol

8 teams pick 120 players and field 88 every gw, when 220 start in a PL gw, and at least 160 play 60' or more.

I thought that trying 10 or 12 teams would force players to investigate beyond the pool of the obvious ones, into the usually overlooked ones to find those who can give you a little edge.
But I admit my draft leagues experience is rather out of date.
I'd be fine with 8-team leagues.

6 teams tho would require a league to only pick 90 and field 66 every gw, that's just 30% of PL starters.
I think it woukd make it too easy for managers to pick just into the best 30% players pool... :? Where's the challenge?

The FPL scoring is a problem when you get down "beyond the pool of the obvious ones " I mean if your getting down to the Barry's or the yacobs of the game then what is the point and what will they offer you. After selecting the top say 50 players in the game. What is left?
Also how long would a draft for 12 players actually take?

I'm keen to play and intrested to see what happens
Last edited by DAREEL on 14 Jul 2017, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I'm still up for this should be good. What if we don't get to 32 managers?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

I would give it a go, have been involved in the draft game which is organised manually on fiso via the tff game since its inception about 6 years ago.

We have played with varying amounts of players from 8 to 16 ( not an exact comparison with fpl as it is 11 picks not 15)

Part of the enjoyment of the game is hunting out those obscure picks, my view on optimum number for tff would probably be 12/14 players so for this fpl version I would say 8 is about right, but 10 would also be ok 6 is to few 12 would be to many.

Regarding where you are in the draft I did a bit of research on the results a few years back and the overall conclusion was along the lines of it made very little difference, if I remember rightly best place to be out 12 used to be about 9th or 3rd, 1st and 12th were next best and the middle picks were the worst but it was all marginal.

Terrier Ramone
FISOhead
FS Record: 29th TFF 2004/5

Post by Terrier Ramone »

ctibbits wrote:Completely interested but the drafting will be an issue I think. Will take hours. For NFL and MLB Baseball I've done live drafts and it's an all day affair when you are in person face to face. Seems as if attempting it online would take even longer. If we can sort out the manner of the draft I'm in for sure.

The length of the draft depends on how many teams are in the league and how long each player has to make a selection...for baseball and american football we have 45 seconds per pick.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

To those concerned about what pick you get in the draft and how that affects your chances of winning, then I can tell you 100% that leagues are won and lost by the transfers you make during the season not by what position you get in the draft.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

dino1980 wrote:To those concerned about what pick you get in the draft and how that affects your chances of winning, then I can tell you 100% that leagues are won and lost by the transfers you make during the season not by what position you get in the draft.
draft leagues are all about luck with injuries. If two of your top 3 picks get a season ending injury you are done. that's why I'd never play in a draft money league. draft is fun, but too random to put serious cash on it.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I've never played a draft game before so I don't know about the luck involved. I can certainly see if you lost your Kane to injury while everyone else's big striker is firing then that's an issue, but it feels to me like maybe strategic play is much more involved.

As there's no captaincy, a single player can't destroy you too much, unless it's a Suarez type player.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I've submitted my proposed rules to the mod team who are going to either approval or give me a response on where they feel modification can be made. I simply wouldn't feel right asking people to stump up an entry fee without the product being of a suitable quality. Watch this space...

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Mav3rick wrote:I've never played a draft game before so I don't know about the luck involved. I can certainly see if you lost your Kane to injury while everyone else's big striker is firing then that's an issue, but it feels to me like maybe strategic play is much more involved.

As there's no captaincy, a single player can't destroy you too much, unless it's a Suarez type player.

Just need to take injury record into account when choosing. There is a element of luck in all formats

Crocker
Cheetah

Post by Crocker »

Hi all, looking forward to this have always enjoyed NFL drafts in the past. I would be interested in joining.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

So how many do we have for this now Taca?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

17, we're targeting 24 so we need 7 more - anyone??

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

Tacalabala wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 20:57 17, we're targeting 24 so we need 7 more - anyone??
try putting this in the main forum. Should get the views and response you require. If ive got a spare few quid a few days before kick off i mite enter myself

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

hayesag wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 14:43
Tacalabala wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 20:57 17, we're targeting 24 so we need 7 more - anyone??
try putting this in the main forum. Should get the views and response you require. If ive got a spare few quid a few days before kick off i mite enter myself
viewtopic.php?f=378&t=124831&start=150

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 15:20
hayesag wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 14:43
viewtopic.php?f=378&t=124831&start=150
by main forum i mean main fpl bit and making it a sticky. This is not very noticable under fpl draft sub section

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Afraid I'm too confused by the "FISO" league, particularly why there are points leagues and H2H leagues but the vast majority of prize money is purely based on cumulative points

Would be up for joining a simple 8(ish) team league, either points or H2H, with winner-takes-all or top 2 payout, if there are others interested in such thing?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

reds363 wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 22:25 Afraid I'm too confused by the "FISO" league, particularly why there are points leagues and H2H leagues but the vast majority of prize money is purely based on cumulative points

Would be up for joining a simple 8(ish) team league, either points or H2H, with winner-takes-all or top 2 payout, if there are others interested in such thing?
Everyone get two teams, it is the combined FPL points score of these teams that counts toward the main prize.

We are having two teams each to mitigate against the risk of getting a bad draft in one and essentially being stuck with that from the beginning.

One team is in a points league, the other in a H2H league. There is no reason to do that other then simply to generate further interest, but it is the FPL points score from both that counts.

Does that make more sense now?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft”